“good value hotel with good location”

iCheck inn Mayfair Pratunam
Ranked #317 of 893 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 27, 2014

glad that i book this hotel. location is quiet from the main busy street but the hotel provide free tuktuk service to nearby main road which is very good. they can even fetch us back to hotel too.
staffs are friendly..

5 mins walking distance to bts.

we were able to get some massage in the hotel due to the curfew at 10 pm. room was spacious, able to cater 3 of us.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank prontopiacere

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Free Tuk Tuk service was very helpful. Staff is polite, helpful n prompt to any request v had even late at night. We saved a lot of money on taxi as we were guided by the Front Desk staff on Taxi Fare.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Arrived here tired and grumpy to find I had been upgraded to a larger suite free of charge.so its definitely a good start!
Once willing to raise my weary head the next morning I go to speak to the concierge to find out more of whats going on in the area around me.the concierge couldn't have been more helpful or friendly!!he was so nice and told me everything I wanted to know.
The hotel offers free wifi and complimentary coffee or other hot drinks when you check in.a nice touch.
Hotel is very near the sky rail although annoyingly there's no cut through and you have to walk around but still that only takes about 7 or 8 minutes.10 if you're a slow walker I guess!
The rooms are basic but I wouldn't have expected anything more for the price I paid!the bed was wonderfully comfortable with a large main room and a lovely clean bathroom.if you want somewhere to stay that's near all the hubbub but not in dingy koh San road and is still affordable then this is your place.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This Best Western is a good value for the money. For me it was slightly inconveniently located, because its on a very quiet soi a number of blocks walk from the main road, and it can be hard to find as well as to hail a taxi from. The secluded location might be desirable to some because it means the location is a quiet one, its easy to sleep etc. Its also very near the Pratanum, an enormous market for clothes shopping.

When I checked out, the bill seemed high to me and I asked to see a copy of it. I discovered I'd mistakenly been billed for 2 nights of car parking (for over 1,000 baht each). They removed these charges (I did not have a car during my stay). Until I asked I don't think they were going to give me an itemized copy of my bill, in which case I would not have found this overbilling.

Because I had some transportation challenges, the staff were helpful making the arrangements that I needed. The hotel has its own Tuk Tuk, but this only goes to 3 places and they can not make exceptions.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Very good location - if your goal is to shop :-)

Rooms were good enough though it was a bit small. Tuk tuk service to nearby places was useful. Breakfast was pretty simple.

Overall it was good enough for a short stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We only stayed for one night here, on our way home. In a good, central location and with clean nice rooms we only paid £20 and it was so good value. The doors on the rooms were really heavy/secure, We got room service, that was nice and we ate at the little café in there the next day too. Shame about there being no pool but could not fault anything else. The staff were all nice and took us in a tuk tuk to the main road so we could get a taxi on check out.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2014

English speaking staff is very helpfull and friendly, comfortable bed.
The room was small though and the wardrobe looks more like a small joke. I would not recommend it for a longer stay. The bathroom was clean and quite big. The view can be great if the room is at an upper level with the view opposite to the skytrain..
The food at the restaurant is very good and service is nice and at affordable prices.
They can arange airport shuttel to Don Mueang for 400 baths.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends