“If only it wasn't so good!”

Bankara Ramen - The Manor
Ranked #220 of 11,955 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Bankara Ramen has to be the best ramen and I am not talking about in Thailand only. This seems to be the common verdict with friends I brought to Bankara.

If only it wasn't so. Then, I would get to enjoy it without having to countdown the queue each time I am there.

We enjoy the ramen version with dipping sauce which comes with generous portions of tasty pork on "al dente" thick ramen as well pork bits and chunks in the sauce. A side order of ajitsuke tamago (Japanese soft-boiled egg) makes a great accompaniment. When we are really hungry, the sauce goes well with an additional order of plain rice. Our next favourite is the ramen with pork bone soup which is a lighter version of the ramen with soya sauce. The rice version is also good. Finishing off the meal is the almond flavoured soya bean curd or Japanese green tea ice cream with red beans.

If only Bankara Ramen wasn't so good. Then, I wouldn't need to rave about it as everyone is doing.

14  Thank JeffLeong

Reviewed July 1, 2012

yes a thai style bowl of noodles cost 30 baht, and a bowl at bankara cost 320ish but let me tell you its worth every penny. my dad showed me this place, and i showed my friends and now pretty much everyone i know goes here on a regular basis. the ikakuni bankara is my favorite and it comes with all kinds of goodness, buta miso pork + whatever you want as there is a base dish and you can than addon any extras. this is one of the places i tell anyone visiting bangkok to visit when there in town. best noodles i ever had-

2  Thank Bodhen S
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Bankara is fantastic. Thin soup, classic is my and family favorite. Be prepared to wait 15mins to get seated as Bankara is very busy. They should open a few more branches...

Reviewed June 27, 2012

First time to this restaurant on last Sunday. We arrived 15 mins before opening time at 11 am. but there were around 10 people waiting. By 11.20, it was full house and lining outside. I could say that the ramen here is one of the best in town. Authentic Japanese ramen with excellent soup. Side dishes like fried dumpling, fried chickens were great. Highly recommended but be prepared for 30 mins queue or arrive there before time.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Best Ramen shop that I've ever tried in Thailand. It looks like I have the Ramen in Japan. The taste is very close.

1  Thank Yong M