“Ibis is Ibis”

ibis Bangkok Sathorn
Ranked #221 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This Ibis hotel is situated at Soi Ngam Duplee, at walking distance to lumpini Park. As all the Ibis hotels in Thailand, it is quite recently build so rooms ar clean and look good.
Staff is friendly. Easy check in and out.
Price/quality is above average, as long as you book direct at Accor booking site.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sammypla
Oruma S, Manager at ibis Bangkok Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at ibis Bangkok Sathorn.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service delivered to you, met your expectation.
We definitely await your return to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to ibis Bangkok Sathorn very soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stayed for three nights .Buffet breakfast was good, variety of items and good taste. Staff is friendly and helpful. Recommend for quality stay.Location is good , close by shopping area.Worth to spend for staying.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at ibis Bangkok Sathorn.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and that you liked our room, cleanliness, services, helpful staff, prime location and the great value for money. It is our brand promise to bring satisfaction to our guest with standard accommodation, quality services at the best value for money. We will maintain our quality of service to meet our guest satisfaction and will pass your compliments to our team for encouragement.
We hope to welcome you again in the soon future at ibis Bangkok Sathorn!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Honestly, I felt this was a not bad hotel with cleaning condition and friendly employees at first experience but one of midnight shift female employee was rude and mean to me.

Here is my awful experience to share with your guys. I went back to hotel around 2am on May 2 early morning and asked FO staff to give me wake up call. She attitude was okay but her attitude was very bad since I asked her to give me wake up call 2 times; one was 6am and the other one was 6:30am. I was so tired; therefore, I did not argue with her and I went back to my hotel room. Couple hours later, I did not hear any wake up call ringing at 6am and 630am; therefore, I argued this part to her when I left hotel. She checked computer systems to tell me that the wake up call had ringing and I also answered phone call already. I swear to God, I did not hear any phone call ringing. As a result, I was so angry and got conversation fight with her. She said she rather believes system and not my talking. I also told her I didnt answer any wake up call from front desk but it might be a ghost to help me answer wake up calls and her answer was it might be. Hence, I requested to talk with manager but she asked me to sit in the lobby to wait until 8:30am but I had to join my one day tour at 8:30 so I requested to call manager right away again again and again but she likes a robot repeating to ask me sitting in the lobby to wait her manager until 8:30. I started to yell her and the other FO staff tried to help me to call manager. She stared at me when I was waiting her manager.

I highly recommend other guests who want to choose this hotel to choose another because awful employee will make you unhappy to affect your traveling mood a lot. This hotel location is not really good because you have to walk about 15 mins from MRT station with hot and humid weather, so I took cab anytime. I rather spend more money to stay in Silom or Siam because it can save taxi fees.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank chunglinhuo
Oruma S, Manager at ibis Bangkok Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

We constantly aim to deliver a professional service to our guests and on this occasion the level of service you received was not of our usual standards please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Rest assured that we are looking into this matter and continuous and ongoing training is being conducted for all of our team members.

We are committed to improve and provide excellent customer service for all guests and ensuring that all feedback is not only responded to but an effort is made to ensure that action is taken to prevent future occurrences.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we will be able to welcome you soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Room is great, clean and sufficient. Fridge is not cold though. TV programs has decent selections. Breakfast can be better if more hot food is served. Convenience of 7-11 near by, and free transport to Silom is also a great add-on service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are glad that you like our room and happy with our shuttle service.

Pertaining to your feedback regarding to breakfast and fridge have been highlighted to the respective team for their immediate follow up.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Oruma S, Manager at ibis Bangkok Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My experience at Ibis Sathorn was much improved on my previous one, mainly because they had addressed the air conditioning problem.

This is a typical Ibis, but a good one. Rooms have safety boxes and small fridges as well as decent beds, flat screen TV and good AC.

The location is great. Close to Rama 4 and Sathorn, but away from the traffic noise and pollution. Several cheap restaurants and bars nearby. Easy walking distance to the metro, sky train and the bright lights of Silom.

The food at the ibis is also tasty and good value. In particular, they do a very good buffet lunch, excellent value at 160 baht for hotel residents. They also have a nice outside terrace.

All in all a great budget choice in Bangkok. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Request a high floor rear facing room. Some front facing rooms are overlooked by other rooms due to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Oruma S, Manager at ibis Bangkok Sathorn, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Dear savvy_dave,

We are happy to learn you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Bangkok Sathorn !

It's our pleasure to know that you found our Hotel well located, our food tasty, and our rooms agreeable !
We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Even turned on the air condition to coolest, the temperature is still high. Contacted front desk and they advise that they will send maintenace . But no improvement. The buffet breakfast is the same everyday excepted for one dish (fry noodle). Staff are not initiative in setting up the table for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Colin L,

Thank for sharing your concerns. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies regarding inconveniences caused.
Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address these problems and prevent future occurrence.
It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.