“Spacious boutique hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #192 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Spacious boutique hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 2D 1N in 1-bedroom suite, 7th floor. Spacious & well decorated room design. Great services with smiled treat from staffs. There were welcome fruits -apples, and cookies in room. It's located in centre of the city but quiet, also closed to many shopping malls, and nice restaurants. Recommended for any travellers or expats -worth to stay and value for money.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Attakitti, ผู้จัดการฝ่ายประชาสัมพันธ์ at Tenface Bangkok, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Khun Gin T

Thank you very much for your great comments. We appreciated to know that you enjoyed our services and our friendly staffs. We will pass them your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back here again.

Marketing Communications Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed at Tenface by mistake really - But this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in - Set in a Modern Thai Style - feels so warm and cosy, with a great team of staff who seem to care about the guests - Amenities such as Swimming pool and Gym needs to be reinvested - But the rooms for Central Bangkok was HUGE! Large bed, Nice carpets, good shower, lots of storage, great coffee machine, in-room dining was taisty, Lounge was was designed!

We loved the free tuk-tuk to and from the BTS - They is especially nice after dark. Situated in one of the most quite roads in Bangkok but just mins away from EVERYTHING!

I will be staying here again for sure - I would highly recommend this to everyone!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Champ1989
Attakitti, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Tenface Bangkok, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Champ1989

Thank you for your kind comments and reviews and this is definitely valuable and guiding us for further improvement of our product and services. What our guests love most about TENFACE are its huge space and the excellent services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to TENFACE once again in a near future.

phnom penh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Excellent value, great staff, Nice And big Room, quiet And easy to find , what else?:) only one little problem, dont use the taxi with included price for the highway ,that the front desk recommanded, it is a lie, the taxi doesnt use the highway!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Attakitti, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Tenface Bangkok, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Pieth Phnom Penh

Thank you very much for your comment about TENFACE Bangkok. Regarding the taxi issue, would you mind giving us more details on that one, please. Please send more information of your full name, the period of your stay and what happened about the taxi, to kunlanan@kirimaya.com

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Thanks to my friend's recommendation, i got the opportunity to stay with Tenface Bangkok, which turns out far far beyond my expectation.

i've been to Bangkok so many times. i got the chance to experience all kinds of lodges, from luxurious 5-star hotel, to serviced apartment, from condo to bed& breakfast. The Tenface Bangkok, a hidden gem in the center of the city, absolutely stands out.

The location is nice, 15 min-walk to Phloen Chit BTS station, not mentioning its 24 hours' free tuk-tuk service. The neighborhood is quiet and safe, since there is Embassy of Czech and Poland nearby. Within ten minutes' walk, there are italian restaurant, French cuisine, Japanese Sushi, oyster bar, bakery, 7-11, massage and luxurious hotels such as Conrad, Novotel, Marriot, Athenee, more than enough to satisfy my needs.

The owner of Tenface is an interior designer, so the hotel is a perfect combination of modernity and traditional thai culture. The painting on the wall, the decoration hanging in the room, the design of the restaurant…every detail shows imagination but love for his owner culture. I was staying in one-bedroom suite, which is huge. The room is clean and well-maintained. The bed is really comfortable. And as lots of people mentioned before, the HEART BOX with the BTS one-day pass, the local sim card, the taxi card, the road map and the complimentary amenities, is really something special.

The friend, who recommended Tenface to me, is a hotel manager in China. When he recommended this hotel to me, he emphasis that the food there is really tasty. It turned out he couldn't be more right. During my stay, the hotel had a special discount on its a la carte breakfast, 259++Thb. It was a great bargain and the food was great. We also tried the all-day menu. From the smoked salmon and lettuce salad, to Tom Kha kai soup, from the green curry, to the padthai, nothing let us down. And the price of the food is quite reasonable, though the wine is relatively a bit expensive in Thailand. In April, the hotel has a special promotion of Thai noodle, 160++THB, including a noodle and a drink. But it was a pity that we hadn't got the chance to try it. i always had too much at breakfast, hahaha

The gym and the pool are not that big but basically have everything you need. Considering the price, guess nobody should complain. Since most of the guests I ran into are Asians, it means you can have the pool and the gym all to yourself most of the time.

And we should never forget the staffs. It is them that makes the hotel truly outstanding. They are well-trained, professional, efficient, and what's the most important, you can feel their passion and love for what they are doing, and you can feel the warmth and hospitality. That is the heart and soul of a good hotel. Wee and Bla with the reception, Kai, Nit and Wat working at the concierge, Aey and Amm at the Wanara, Da of the housekeeping, and there are a lot of them i don't even know the name...They are always there, with a big smile, ready to help you with whatever you need. With all these lovely employees taking care of me, it really feels like home away from home.

Still, there are something need to be improved. The noise of the AC is disturbing sometimes at night. The water pressure is not stable, and the water is never hot enough. if there is more TV channels, it could be better. And if there is a thiner curtain besides the window shade in the bed room, it could be more convenient and energy-saving at daytime.

I spent 5days and 4nights in Bangkok alone. Thanks to Tenface, my getaway turns out to be a relaxing vacation full of love and joy. See you in May!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank mingming715
Dear Mingming715

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of us on Tripadvisor. It is a great pleasure to receive such compliments from our guest. The Heart box is one of the most favourite item of our guests of all time.

Regarding your comments about the A/C, water pressure and the temperature, may I ask for more information of yours please (period of the stay, full name, email address). Please send to kunlanan@kirimaya.com so I can find out more and to prevent it from happening again.

Thank you very much and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I picked Tenface for our first trip to Bangkok because of the value for the one bedrom suite. We paid about $60 USD per night. Breakfast was not included in our rate but was an additional 299 baht per person, well worth it. I was nervous about being too close to the protesting in Lumpini Park but in the end booked anyway.

It was difficult for the driver to locate the hotel, as it's sort of new, but we did make in there around 2 am. We were given a box of items at checkin including a complimentary SIM card (didn't use it), one complimentary day pass for the BTS Skytrain, tourist information and a hotel car in Thai for taxi drivers with a map. Even with the taxi card some drivers had a difficult time finding the hotel and asked doormen at other hotels along the way. Bath and shower amenities were also included in the box. There was no ipod but they are on a first come first served basis.

Free Tuk Tuk service is provided to and from Phloen Chit BTS to Tenface. We used this service twice, once scheduled and once when we came in from shopping and flagged down the hotel Tuk Tuk after trying to walk back to the hotel.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They booked Thai boxing for us and also got us a cab which we were told would be about 100 baht. Unfortunately the first cab driver Tenface called tried to make us pay 200 baht and he refused to let us out of his cab. We hailed a second cab back to Tenface (35 baht) and had them call us a second cab to go to the boxing match. It was 93 baht, not 200.

They also were kind enough to book dinner reservations for us at Supatra River House for 10 pm (after boxing) although when I heard them call the restaurant said no reservations were needed and we could walk in.

The only real issue I had was using the WIFI in the room for certain websites. I was unable to check my email (webmail.nyc.rr.com) although I could get to other websites. My provider said it was the hotel ISP and not their website that was down. I realized later that this was accurate since I was able to access my email at other locations in Thailand.

All in all we would stay at Tenface again. Great value!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KatWomanNYC
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your kind comments and reviews and this is definitely valuable and guiding us for further improvement of our product and services. Re in room WIFI, we had been struggling with unstable bandwidth and its speed limitation during the peak hours. However, we have already upgraded our internet system tool. Our internet bandwidth is now much more stable and we are now able to provide a good speed of internet service in our Hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to TENFACE once again in a near future.

Kind regards,
The Management
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed at Tenface on my recent trip to Bangkok and have to say that this is the best value for money that I have ever spent on any hotel, anywhere in the world, hands down. Very good place.

I checked out Tenface per the recommendation of a friend who had stayed there before. Given there were protests planned for the weekend I was in town coupled with the lingering political uncertainty in Thailand, hotel prices seem to have fallen considerably around the city as tourism has taken somewhat of a hit.

Tenface had a great deal on their website. I booked directly on their website and paid 4,000 Baht net for 2 nights, which worked out to about $60 USD per a night roughly. For a one bedroom suite. I couldn't believe it and honestly couldn't wait till I checked in to see what it was really getting. I have to say, this was bordering on "sounds too good to be true, what's the catch?" but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.

Upon arrival, check-in was easy and efficient. I had a corner room on the sixth floor and upon entering was greeted with a massive living room and foyer, and decent sized bedroom.

Room was clean. Furniture seemed decent (basic, not luxurious), workmanship of the building was ok, some of the blinds were bent or crooked but nothing that put a damper on everything. Bathroom was large and had decent water pressure. Bed was comfortable. They had a pillow menu too which was awesome. I have to say, I was in shock and pleasantly surprised.

At check-in I also received a "box" which contained a complimentary SIM card, complimentary 1 day BTS Skytrain pass and a couple of tourist cards with locations written in Thai to show the taxi drivers. Bath and shower amenities were also included in the box. The room had a Nespresso machine and complimentary bottled water. All of this, for like $60 a night! Insane!

I slept pretty good, bed was actually quite comfortable and better than some "luxury" beds I have slept in at other 5-star hotels.

The only downside to this place -or maybe an upside depending on what you like- is that this is a bit off the beaten path and in a quiet area. I took the train to and from the airport and walked to the hotel from Phloen Chit BTS when checking in. If you don't know Bangkok, then I wouldn't recommend this as the hotel can be hard to find the first go around. It was about a 10-15 minute walk. Free Tuk Tuk service is provided to and from Phloen Chit BTS to Tenface but you need to call them to get picked up from Phloen Chit BTS and if you don't know the area well, its easier to take a cab the first time.

Staff here was also quite good. All in all, this is a very good "budget" hotel that doesn't feel "budgety" at all. I would definitely consider staying here again as it is absolutely phenomenal value with good service.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room facing the backside of the building.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SQ452
Dear SQ452

Your review is a real "Wow" to us. Thank you very much for your time writing a great comment on Tripadvisor about us. Appreciated to know you had a nice stay at TENFACE Bangkok. As the hotel is not right by the main road, but more in the private area, making TENFACE outstanding in term of peacefulness.

Due to your comment about the blinds, now we are on process of the touch-up and will be completed soon. I apologize for your inconvenience.

TENFACE Bangkok is looking forward to welcoming you back with us again.

Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

An excellent hotel with big and quiet room, comfortable bed and friendly staff. Free wifi with excellent bandwidth in each room and everywhere in the hotel. It has the atmosphere to make you feel like home. They offer a cute shuttle car to take you to and back from the BTS whenever you need it so distance is not a problem at all. Love it.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nlsammie
Attakitti, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Tenface Bangkok, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Nisammie

Thank you very much for your great comments. It is a real pleasure to know that you and the family felt so cozy staying at TENFACE Bangkok. Once you have a chance to be in Thailand again, please do not be hesitate to come back and stay at your "Bangkok" home. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again.