“Good location but horrible staff”
Review of Patumwan House

Patumwan House
Ranked #53 of 655 Bangkok B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Good location but horrible staff”
Reviewed May 24, 2008

I visited this place a couple times to look at rooms for a long (6 month or more) stay. Their rooms are okay, a bit old, dark, and musty, but they are decent sized and have okay amenities. So I decided to put down a deposit for 6 months. I work online and must have reliable internet access, so I asked the girl there if I could return with my laptop to test the wi-fi signal in the room. She said sure. So I made the 3 hour round trip back to my hotel and got my laptop and came back to test. "No can". "Huh?" "You not my customer you cannot test wi-fi". "But I am about to give you 36000 baht, I just need to make sure I will be able to work in this room". "No can". The one girl at reception became 3 snobby girls, who all refused to let me test the wi-fi, even when I offered to pay them for the time I would be using it. Nope. So I walked out and they lost business. Very stupid and very rude staff. If you were staying there and had any problem, I doubt they would make any effort to help. I do not recommend giving them your business.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Nicole F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Travelers also viewed these Bangkok hotels
Muangphol Mansion
#80 of 655 in Bangkok
Lub d Bangkok Siam
Lub d Bangkok Siam
#25 of 1,217 in Bangkok

Been to Patumwan House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Patumwan House

Property: Patumwan House
Address: 22, Soi Kasemsan 1, Rama 1 Rd., WangMai, Patumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Location: Thailand > Bangkok > Siam
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Suites
Ranked #53 of 655 B&Bs / Inns in Bangkok
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Patumwan House 3.5*
Patumwan House is one of the accommodation in the heart of Bangkok city located close to all major shopping centers such as MBK center, Siam Square, Siam Center, Siam Discovery and Siam Paragon. Being in the area, we are also around the center of Bangkok business district and education institues. Transportation is easy to find as being not very far from the mainroad, though still be a quite place where you can feel the comfort of a distance from the rush and sound of traffic. The Sky-train BTS is just about 5 - 10 minutes walking distant. We are sure being one of the best choices for your stay in Bangkok ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Patumwan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.