“what a find !”

Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #279 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I have to agree with everyone else about this great little gem of a hotel .
I spent months searching for a hotel in this area , mainly for the shopping , I had booked the indra regent initially , but with the AUD dropping so much against the USD , this hotel was proving very expensive , so i searched and searched online for something else .
I was just about to give up when i came across the citin hotel website , I saw the price of THB 1,599 per room per night compared to USD$80 per night for the indra regent ...... I couldn't believe my luck to find such a new hotel , so close & so cheap.
The rooms I had booked where smoking rooms , even upon checkin we asked if they were smoking rooms , oh no he says , fiddles with the computer a bit , again i asked smoking rooms , yes he replied , gave me the keys and off we went down the road ...lol ... wondering why we were walking down the street instead of into the building , it was explained that we stay across the road ...oh ok i thought ...hahahaha.

we entered our rooms and were astounded by how nice and how clean they were .... searching for the ashtray , we asked the bellboy , where is the ashtray ...ohhh no smoking ! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .
This was my only grip with the hotel , i should have been informed it was a non smoking hotel when i booked it .
Most of our days entailed day trips , that were long days , trying to get into the street in the late afternoon proved to be something that can't be done , so most days we just got out on the corner and walked down to the hotel .
There is a laundry not far up the road , amungst all the eatery carts which was good , quick and cheap .
free internet is provided in the foyer , but only have 2 computers , but it is habdy for a quick email back home .
The beds were ultra comfy , we all got a good night sleep here .
the surrounding shopping stalls , which we were told went till 11 or 12 pm , shut up early nearly every night ...9 to 10 pm was more like the time they finished , which was a shame as we had plenty of time in the night to shop .
The shopping under the indra regent also closed early , as did KFC and macdonalds .

If i was to return to Bangkok , I would definately stay here again .
keep up the good work , keep it cheap and keep it clean and this place will get the customers .

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank battling
Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed April 11, 2009

We grabbed a room here through Expedia for about $41 a night. The hotel definitely has an elegance to it--lots of glass and dark woods with this chartreuse green throughout. The room was super clean with a really nice bathroom, and housekeeping was spot on. Whenever we returned, the room was made up just perfectly. All that said, it is Ms. Tat who made our stay super. She was incredibly helpful--above and beyond the call of duty--and was more than pleasant throughout our many requests. And if you are vegetarian, they have a cafe that is exactly what you would hope for. No meat, seitan everywhere and minimal animal products (milk and cheese).

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank wrldtrvlrsf
Reviewed April 11, 2009

I’ve been to many countries these years, and the recent country which I had visited would be Thailand, Bangkok. I would say this is the most pleasant trip that I ever had!!!

My friends and I were having a good stay at Citin Pratunam!!! It was definitely a good hotel to stay. As for the location, although it was located at a small alley in Pratunam, however, I would say it is the busiest alley in Pratunam and you will find day and night market down the street once you walk out of the hotel. Besides, you will find lots of wholesaler along the street, which you can have a great bargain with them! The safety concern shouldn’t be an issue as there are lots of stalls and shops down the street in day and night time. Although it is kind of quiet when it comes to mid night, however, taking taxi will be the usual transport for traveller to get back to their hotel in such an odd hour, therefore the safety concern will not be a big issue. You can always request the receptionist at Citin Pratunam to call taxi for you which is definitely very convenient and you just have to plan for your destination! The best thing is, Citin Pratunam provides free Tuk Tuk service for their guest! This is definitely a cost saving for traveller.

The exterior and interior of Citin Pratunam is beautiful. I would describe it as simple and nice and it will give their guest a very comfortable feeling during the stay at Citin Pratunam with their light green, brown and white colour of combination to decorate. You can also enjoy T.V. programme with the LCD TV installed in each room or browsing through internet at the lobby, which is definitely free of charge for the guest of Citin Pratunam!

The rooms in Citin Pratunam are clean, with cleaners to tidy up daily. They also provide tower, toiletries, hair dryer, safety box, and also room service to their guest. Traveller can also visit to Citin Café to dine.

The most important thing is, the service of Citin Pratunam Hotel! All the receptionists are very friendly and helpful. Even the security guard and bell boy are very kind and willing to help. These are the service that is required for each hotel and Citin Pratunam definitely having it!

My friends and I were very enjoyed during the stay in Citin Pratunam, as we were satisfied by the environment of this hotel, its friendly services and also its convenient location. I will definitely introduce to my friends about this hotel and Citin Pratunam will definitely my choice of staying if I got a chance to visit Bangkok in future.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank euniceyip0805
Reviewed April 6, 2009

We spent 2 nights at the Citin Pratunam and was very satisfied. The Hotel looks new with spacy rooms, rain shower, aircondition, ref and flat TV. The location is next to shopping complex Pratunam Center and within easy walking distance to Shopping Malls like MBK and others. Don't worry about the strange small sidestreet where the Hotel Location is. We never felt in danger or misplaced. The staff was very friendly and the check-in/check-out was easy. The Hotel offers free Internet too in the Lobby area. They serve also breakfast in their restaurant next to the Hotel just about 30 meters and includes all what you need to start your day. A very superb Hotel for a little price.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank asiaworld
Citin, Resident Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2009

Dear asiaworld,

Thank you very much for staying at Citin Pratunam during in Bangkok and for spending your valuabel time giving us a very positive review. We can ensure to you that we will try our best to keep up the quality of the services and its product to meet the expectation of our customer. We wish to have chance to welcome you again at Citin Pratunam in the nearest future.

Reviewed March 26, 2009

First I'll start by saying that this hotel is excellent value for money. My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights in March before heading off to the islands. The hotel is relatively new and reasonably clean. They have security guards on both doors all the time. The staff were very helpful and recommended a gem of a restaurant one night which was just around the corner, it was a thai restaurant that was a house with an outside courtyard/garden that was beautifully lit at night. The vegetarian breakfast is satisfactory but not a huge selection. The rooms were comfortable and even though they were small they were spacious enough for somewhere to sleep at night. It was a little noisy in an evening.

It's location has pro's and con's. It's good because you are central in the pratunam shopping district and out of all the markets in Bangkok we found the best shopping at the Pratunam markets. It is about a 15-20 minute walk to the trains however and a number of taxi's and tuk tuk drivers didn't know where it was. Even though we had a map they still often had to stop and ask for directions - it was signposted though once you got into the pratunam district. Was a 15 minute walk to Siam square which has plenty to do and see.

Overall it was a comfortable stay and excellent value for money. I would recommend this hotel if you wanted to be in a busy shopping district and want to experience thai culture around you.

1  Thank KiwiChickie
Citin, Resident Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2009

Dear KiwiChickie,

Thank you very much for staying at Citin Praatunam during you were in Bangkok and please to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We wish to have chance to welcome you again at Citin Pratunam in the near future.

Warmest regards

Reviewed March 20, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Citin Pratunam from Mar15-18, and we booked the rooms for USD33/night (breakfast incl) via an online website, which proved to be the best deal possible. The hotel is new, just opened last year and overall condition is good. Hotel lobby is nice as advertised, rooms are clean. LCD TV in the room, but we hardly watch it (spend most of the time outside). Breakfast is served at their cafe which is opposite of the building, not a big deal to walk extra 20 steps, there's a family mart located opposite of the hotel, which is very convenient. Within 100 meters, there are 3 7/11 store, it's really handy if you need to buy something.

The breakfast, despite in vegetarian, was good. They serve bread, simple meals like spaghetti, rice, sausage (vegetarian), and cereal and fruit. A perfect and healthy breakfast selection to start your day. You can have meats outside while travelling, so we kinda like the breakfast there. One day, we needed to join a local tour that pickup us at 6.30am, and we couldn't make it for breakfast, we told the front desk and hotel kindly arranged a simple breakfast box with bread, yogurt, and fruit inside for us. This is very warm and excellent customer service ! One of the most value-for-money hotel I've ever stayed.

3 negatives comments I would like to make:
1) The heat adjuster in bath room is hard to control (room 1608), it's either too hot , or too cold, and the temperature is not consistant (hot ... then suddenly become cold again), but it's small deal to us.
2) Considering a new hotel, the condition of the bed is old, when I flip my body, my wife felt an earthquate on the bed. But again, for the money we paid, we can't complain too much.
3) Local tours - one of my nighmare in Bangkok. If possible, try to go at your own and not rely on local tours. There's a counter in Hotel where you can book your tours. They are kind to explain the packages, and always negotiate for discount, which is normal in Bangkok. One thing to take note is, this company is the middle-man, so they are not the one that picks up you, but that's not the problem. One of the tours we joined, that is operated by Siam Progress, we had very bad experience - The boss/guide are very inpolite, and unprofessional, I'm so pissed off that I went to raised my complaint all the way to TAT in blank and white. It's okay to sign up package from the agent at this hotel, but tell them you do not want to join the tours operated by this company - Siam Progress because they are very rude.

Overall, the hotel is value for money, located at the heart of shopping area, walking distance to CentralWorld, Siam Square, and to BTS station. They have tuk-tuk to arrange for short-distance travel (from hotel to main road), it's not a full license tuk-tuk that can send u to wherever you want, so please understand their position.

The hotel is located inside Pratunam, so you might wanna spend some time to be familier with the small street leading to the hotel. It's full of people all the time, so it might be wise to ask tuk-tuk/taxi to drop u at main road and walk 5mins back - rather than to stuck in the jam for 15mins.

1  Thank crawfishetouffee
Citin, Resident Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2009

Dear crawfishetouffee,

First of all, we'd like to thank you for staying at Citin Pratunam during your holiday in Bangkok and thanks for you review which is very helpful for us. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during staying with us. Please note that we have informed and warned the tour operator regarding the bad experience that you met when using their service and they acknowledged.

We hope that Citin Pratunam will have a chance to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 17, 2009

The location sometimes confuses the tuk tuk and cab drivers, but not really that difficult to find. At the reception, there are business cards of the hotel with a map - useful.

The room was clean and housekept daily. However one of those days I found the towel a little stained. And the floor mat was just left on the chair instead of in the toilet.

Another minus point - I've asked for a room with a bath tub weeks before my arrival, yet on the day I arrived I was told rooms with bath tubs were not available. Noticed the same comment from other reviewers too.

Staffs were courteous, and helpful. Free internet is great.
Complimentary tuk tuk to the Pratunam is also appreciated.

Theres food everywhere once outside the hotel, but could get really quiet once it hits midnight.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Citin, Resident Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2009

Dear Nrie,

Thank you very much for choosing Citin Pratunam as your second home during in Bangkok and appreciated your review which is very helpful for us in order to improve in that weak point. We apologize for the inconvenience that cuased you regarding the room with bathtub that did not meet your requirment due to room not available and please note that room cleaning staffs have been warned for cleanliness and readiness of the room amenity set up.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you again at Citin Pratunam Hotel in the near future.