“In a very busy soi, hard to find, but worth the effort.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality

Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #292 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne
“In a very busy soi, hard to find, but worth the effort.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked in here via agoda after doing some Trip Advisor home work. Caught the BTS then got on to a motor bike taxi from the BTS station (sorry forgot name of bts station already). After taking me to the wrong location we finally found the place. While looking I tried calling there phone but did not get through. Lucky for Google maps. Check in was easy enough, although I didn't find the counter staff as friendly as others have mentioned. I ended up in the building across from reception. The rooms are quite small but modern, but I didn't expect anything bigger for $50 Austrilian. My only disappointment was the free wifi wasn't working. Reception offered me another room but told me it only had two small beds. When I booked I specified asked for a King sized bed. I opted I for no wifi and stuck with the big bed. It amazes me that in BKK "they" couldn't fix the wifi / pyrchase a new box, what ever. But they diddnt. Other reviews raving about how good the wifi was, was the main reason I booked into Citin. My stay here has been a good experience, I was new to this part of town, and I have discovered many other accommodation options I will be trying out in future visits. From an eating point of view, check out Honggi Seaford Restaurant. You will find that a short walking distance from the Citin, 10/10 food.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank TonyBee123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Polite and patient service. Able to speak english. Great service provided by hotel receptionist named ''kim''

Free tuk tuk to train stations.

Great location walking distance to the famous platinum fashion mall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jonathannyan
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

It was a pleasant stay in Citin Pratunam.
The staffs are extremely friendly, they provide us free tuk tuk service to nearby places and on the last day, they carried all our heavy luggage to train station.
The rooms are clean and fair to what we have paid for.
Most important is the location is perfect for all the shopping queens.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ft_14
Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Last year go Thailand with my friends. Under the recommendation from my friend, so we booking 4 days 3 night at Citin. Central location, very convenient. Hotel room stay very nice and clean. Very worthy choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

since it was my first item in bangkok, i didn't really expect much. citin pratunam is an ideal hotel for tourist as it is near to all the shopping malls like platinum fashion mall which is like a 5 minutes on foot and around 10 minutes to the siam area. its also near a train station. overall, the hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. one thing about the area though is, they are a lot of indians and africans in the area. the tomyum and fried chicken seller outside the hotel is good too

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Please make sure a day prior to your booking that your room is ready! Most people have to wait and are told to come back in a couple of hours till the room is made. Overall a pleasant stay, rooms are a bit small, but good value for money. Located, bang in the heart of the shopping area. Lobby staff are very friendly but the dinning staff are not. They have 2 locations adjacent to one another, so choose your room accordingly. The street is a bit smelly with the local food served in carts. Please check your bed for bugs! (Found one on the last day of our 5 day stay, and wasn’t too happy)

The free Tuk Tuk Service is the highlight. They have a drop every half hour to the main roads in and around the area. Tip the guy anyway for 10-20Bht and you will be treated like a king.

Free Wi-Fi, is another attraction and also 3 computers available in the lobby free to connect back home!

They have an excellent tour agency in the Lobby offering the very best prices to any location/show that you may want to visit in and around Thailand. The prices offered are even lower that the actual tickets available, and are very reliable.

Room Tip: Check availability in advance to see if your room is ready, the moment you check in!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jasonpinto_11
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

... I am a regular visitor to Pratunam and I have stayed at Citin Pratunam for 3-4 times a year for the past 4 years or so.

I got there at around 3pm and was told my room was not ready. I was told to come back at at around 4pm and it would be ready. I was ok about this as I could get some work done in that one hour. So I came back and I went to my room which was in the second building. I got in the room and saw that it only had a bath tub and no rain shower cubicle like the other rooms I have normally stayed in. So I asked if I could get another room. So they gave me one. And off I went to that room.

It turned out that it was a twin room i.e two single beds. It had the tiniest bathroom you could ever imagine. It was located on the fifth floor tucked away in a corner. The next day I asked to change rooms yet again. They gave me a room on the seventh floor, second building with a king size bed and the usual large rain shower cubicle. But guess what? The wifi did not work!! Turns out that the wifi does not work on the seventh floor of the second building!! Anyway I made do without wifi which was a slight inconvenience but at least the room was ok.

Upon check out, they checked my room as they normally do. But one BIG problem. They conveniently forgot to tell me that I had left 250 baht worth of chocolates in the fridge. I am sure housekeeping would have checked the fridge before they let me check out. I wonder why they never told me????? I only remembered about the chocolates in the fridge when I was in the taxi on the way to the airport.

Anyway, all in all, not a very memorable stay this time. The rooms are a bit battered now and could all do with some touch ups. Very good location due to the wholesale markets located nearby.

I think next time I'll try out The Grand Pavillion which is next to Citin. Apparently the rates are similar and the hotel is much newer.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business