“dissapointed”

Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #290 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel is down a side street clost to Ratchaprarop station in Bangkok.I was put in a room away from the main hotel building, the room was rather small which i suppose is expected in Bangkok. The breakfast was the worst breakfast i have ever had in a hotel and only tried it once in a five night stay. The bed was comfortable and the room was cleaned dialy. They offer a free tuk tuk service to local area that i only saw working once, every day outside my hotel block was an out of service sign on the tuk tuk. I was told my free foot massage offered was not available.The area in which this hotel is shoddy. I will not stay here ever again, dissapointing after staying at the much better Citin Loft Hua Hin..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul1304
Prawit C, General Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Paul1304,

Thank you for the feedback from your staying experience at Citin Pratunam. We regret to know that your stay was not an enjoyable one especially from the breakfast. Citin Pratunam serve daily a vegetarian breakfast which you may not experience before in this we have to apologize and would not recomment to anybody who stay at Citin Pratunam and don't like vegetarian breakfast please choose a package without breakfast and it is so easy for you to find a lot of food nearby which is not veggy.

Thanks again for staying with us at Citin Pratunam and for sharing of your experiene with others and we hope to have a chance to welcome you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality

Reviewed April 20, 2013

as a businessman i travel to bangkok 6 times a year and have been staying in this hotel for almost 5 years now. for a budget hotel this is by far the best in cleanliness, quality of service, decor, user friendly, and anything else one can think of. I would give this hotel 10 on 10.

Room Tip: choose building no. 2 if you dont like over crowded spaces. the reception is in building no.1 so it...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Globetrotter1980-25
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Finding the hotel was like solving a puzzle with zero English communication skills of the Thai Taxi driver the first time we sought to reach this pre-booked hotel. It is located deep inside a market place within an alley where the taxi wouldn't enter the 2nd time. The free tuk tuk service is only available from 8A.M-8P.M. And no wonder they provide the tuk tuk service from the main road to the hotel !!!

Please do not communicate to a short lady wearing braces in her teeth and a badge "Katy" on the reception.

The house keeping staff slide a letter that a hand towel is missing from the room and the guest will have to pay 50 Baht ;-). That too, prior to 4 days before you are supposed to check out.
They refuse to provide even a sachet of sugar extra saying it will be charged and negotiate about it like they are going to serve gold dust in the sachet. So even if you are given a complimentary tea and coffee sachet you will have to manage one cup without milk and sugar ;-). If you ask them to serve your dinner in your room they forget to note your room no. and no one comes to take away the dishes after dinner. You simply put the plates outside your room.
They provide complimentary massage only during the afternoon - when you are expected to be out seing the city ;-). The rooms & bathrooms are small but nicely done. The television barely works. The menu is purely vegetarian.
Please enjoy your stay as the hotel has been awarded by Tripadvisor and the General manager only thanks the guests who praise his hotel!!! haa haa haa.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1bird13
Prawit C, General Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear 1bird13,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Citin Pratunam. We regret to learn that your stay was not an enjoyable one with som disappointment from the service from hotel staffs. In this I have to apologize and I will look into all those area and improve to ensure it will not happen again to our value customer.

Once again, thank you for staying with us at Citin Pratunam and for the feedback to share with others. We hope that we would have an opportunity to welcome you again in the near future and that please contact me direct at gm@citinpratunam.com so that I can make a special arrangement and special rate for you

Best regards,

Gener Manager

Reviewed April 6, 2013

After staying at Citin Pratunam from the last 3 years, I was not very happy on my last visit.Was with business associates and we took 3 Rooms, stayed 20feb-23feb (4 nights)

I don't understand, where has the old Citin Pratunam gone.

If the management reads my earlier reviews about the hotel, the'll get an idea how much attached I am to Citin.

A lot of the old staff was there, and as usual friendly and helpful, but the new lady staff during the day time was least concerned about a regular guest.

The housekeeping staff on my floor was rude, unfriendly and always ready for a heated argument. I have been travelling around since long and for the price I pay for the hotel, I don't expect housekeeping yelling at me 'cause a face towel got wet because it fell off in the shower. I had a tough time to explain that she can charge me 10 times for wetting the face towel, but should just shut up first. But least concerned, she kept on yelling in Thai about Indians, not knowing that I know Thai fluently, and once I replied to her in Thai that she can keep her mouth shut, it was only then that she left, and I never saw her on my floor again.

Strange, as I never expected the staff of a Hotel belonging to an Indian / Sardarji would like to say things about India and Indians.....

Room conditions are worsening, ants and insects around. The Mini Refrigerator provided in the rooms needs attention. Towel needs to be changed now, bed sheets were not up to the standard. Proper pest control and little regular maintenance needs to be tightened.

Management needs to look into this, specially if they want customers like me to return.

Hats off to all the old staff I knew, the bellboys, the security at night, the guy with glasses who is on the reception at night........I appreciate them for remembering and recognizing me by my name.

I will stay again only for them but if things don't get improved, I might need to check out some other place soon.

Citin Pratunam, don't let me down on my next stay.

Room Tip: Restaurant Block was undergoing renovation, so insist on reception blovk. I guess they are shifting...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gulati T

Dear pankaj376,

On behalf of the management I do apologize for any inconvenience caused during you stay with us and it should not happen to our regular guest like you. I took it seriously and and warned all concern staffs that it must not happen again out our guest.

We appreciate your kind always support us and hope that you will continue and I am pleased to offer you a very special rate for your next visit. Please contact me direct at gm@citinpratunam.com and that I will make a special arrangement for you.

Warmest regards,.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stay recently during my trip to Thailand. Here's my recap:

Location
Not bad at all but for an in-experienced cab driver, this place could be nightmare. The cab driver failed to bring us to the spot as he is unsure of the location! However, the location of the hotel is close to those areas for clothes and some street food.

Room
Rooms were great. Everything was in order and perfect. Love the room so much. However, only one bad thing which is there is basically no view. Looking out the window will only show you the next building.

Reception
We went in a group and somehow, we got broke up. The reception told us the wrong room number for our friends (no roaming on mobile) and for 1 day, we are not able to contact each other! Thankfully, the room numbers were sorted out well by one of the reception.

Concierge
Not bad service but the guy who had send our luggages, should asked if we had more rooms. Imagine 5 different rooms luggages were sent to one room only.

Price
Not bad at all since we are there for leisure and not staying in the room.

Overall, the room was nice and everything was in order. However, there are small tiny improvements that the hotel can do to further improve the service. p/s Not all the reception staffs are fully trained though (in my honest experience).

And yes, for those going here, try out their spa. For an extra of about 50 bath, you could get a much better experience (massage for leg and body) compared to those outside parlors.

Room Tip: Higher floors looks newer and ask for a room away from the main street due to noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank T3chnology
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year during april and apart from the front desk staff the general experience at the hotel was good.The main reason why i chose the hotel was the location.First night when we had arrived we where to tired from the travel that we just passed out as soon as we got the room so we didn't really bother checking anything in the room the next day in the evening i saw disgusting blood stains on my quilt i instantly called up the reception and informed of the same and asked them to immediately change the quilt to which the lady at the reception told me nothing can be done now as there is no house keeping staff can only do it tomorrow so i told them i cant sleep on this so just take a quilt out of any other vacant room they refused to do that also and said they are fully booked so i didn't put up much of a fight and cut the phone with a min the instantly called me back and said ma'am we can change the quilt for u if u like but it will be chargeable to which i got extremely furious and screamed at them saying how can they charge me when its clearly not my fault after a bit of an quarrel the lady at the reception told me she will send someone to check the quilt they sent the bell boy to check he came and saw and retuned and told the lady at the reception that we had dropped some food or coffee on the bed.So she called and said ma'am the boy just informed me that u have dropped food on it so u will have to sleep in it only can be taken care of tomorrow this made me furious i picked up the quilt and wen t and threw it on the receptionists face and asked her if she would sleep on that dirty quilt and had a major fight with her she was still shameless and insisted on blaming it on us after a loot of screaming she finally agree to change it but still they only change the cover and not the quilt.The whole experience was so putting off that we immediately checked the next morning and on check out also they where horrible the charged me more that what was quoted me and since by then we had given up we just didn't want to fight just paid them the money and left.This experience made it very clear that CITIN PRATUNAM only care about making money they done now what hospitality means and clearly done want to do anything about it either.

Any one considering this hotel should immediately change their mind and look at the Alpine inn which is right opposite citin or the 93 hotel has a better location and both the hotel are very new reasonably and similarly priced and have better services.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank cat2904

Dear cat2904,

Thank you for spending of your time to write and share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Citin Pratunam. We are extremely sorry to hear that your stay was not an enjoyable one with some problem happen to you and we'll investigate that and rectify to ensure it will not happen again to our vulue customer.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you agian in the near future. Please contact me direct at gm@citinpratunam.com so that I can give you a very special offer and special arrange for you to make sure you receive a speical care from us.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

POSSIBLE BED BUGS ALERT!

I had previously stayed in Citin Pratunam last year and considered this hotel again during my trip just a few days back; As the location was great and it was relatively clean.

This time round, I was given a spacious room in the second block which I did not feel comfortable with its bathtub and location, and hence, requested to be back to the main block. The receptionist showed us a corner room, which looked alright and we took it. The receptionist smirked while leaving us to our room; That smirk was soon enlightened when we realized the toilet was super cramped! Especially the shower area, with a spoilt soap holder, and the room was filthy! By filthy I meant really dusty and the Aircon was giving out noises that kept us awake most of the time!!!

What was worst was that on arrival back home, my partner had bites on her arms, finger, leg and even forehead!!! It's suspected to be BED BUGS or insect bites!!! Which is causing really bad skin reaction with all the itching!!!

It was a truly disappointing stay!! Adding on to my dismay was the airport transfer which I had a nasty experience with previously, and this time round though I was assured all would be fine, I had to call when I arrived at airport after waiting half hour at the location to have the driver reprimand me and then wait another 15mins for him to grab his car from the carpark; and this was still acceptable, till the date of flight where I had to wait again for 15minutes before he arrived at the hotel and another 10minutes for him to pick his car from another location! What is worst?! The receptionist LYN's respond without checking and nonchalantly telling me it's on the way, just wait!

NEVER COMING BACK HERE AGAIN!

If you're looking for a budget hotel near Pratunam market, look slightly further and you may find two better hotels - Budacco or The 93 hotel. Citin has truly disappointed me this time round!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Jjster,

First of all, would like to thank you for the feedback following your recent stay with us at Citin Pratunam. We regret to learn that your stay with us was not an enjoyable stay with some problem in the room and the services from the airport transfer staff. In this we are truely apology for all the problem cause you and I will seriously look into these areas to enusre it will not happen again to our vulue guest.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again in the near future. Please contact me direct at gm@citinpratunam.com so that I can give you a very special offer and special arrangment for you to ensure you will receive a special welcome from us.

Sincerely yours,