“very yummy but not fabulous”
Review of Taling Pling

Taling Pling
Ranked #643 of 11,272 Restaurants in Bangkok
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

It's our first time in Bangkok, first dinner and we chose this place becauseI was particularly tempted by the mango sticky rice dessert. But..they were out of the dessert so that was not to be. Granted, we came pretty late so I won't hold that against them.

A run down of the menu items we sampled:
*Lychee frost--delicious beverage for lychee lovers
*Crispy fried noodle in sweet and sour tamarind sauce--so so. the sauce was sweet but not well flavoured. I make this at home and it's crispier and better tasting.
*Yum vermicelli salad with pork, squid, prawn, shallots & peanuts--delicious
*Red curry with roast duck, Thai eggplants and Thai basil--delicious
*Phad Thai with prawns, bean sprouts and peanuts--again, I make it better at home. It was just ok.

We'd go back because of the dishes that were interesting since there were a great many items on the menu that were tempting. The photos in the menu do not always make a dish look good so don't be fooled. Next time we'll stay away from things I make at home.

The restaurant has moved to a new location and we got a bit lost looking for it but did succeed in the end. Pretty decor, love the aprons the staff wear. Service was excellent.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were lucky enough to be within walking distance of this restaurant and I must say it was my favourite restaurant of our holiday - we even went there twice which we never usually do on holiday as we always like to try different places. The food was amazing and the restaurant had more locals than tourists which is always a good sign. Service was great and the menu has so much variety. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Taling Pling at Baan Silom is a nicely decorated restaurant that produces very good Thai food at a modest price. Service is good and friendly enough.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Every time visit Bangkok, we will go to this restaurant, have several branch in the city, and In 2012 first time we tried which was super good. With some friends together and tried a lot of food and most of them are quite tasty.
But most disappointed is this time when we tried in Siam Paragon, service is quite bad, food was just soso, I don't know the reason because its not normal operation time( It was 16:00) or not. But we wont go to this restaurant again since Bangkok have too many good restaurants and we dont want to have bad feeling during holiday.

2  Thank CaraMia820
Reviewed February 1, 2013

the restaurant is nice and trendy,we had lunch, late lunch, in the one in Baan Silom Arcade: I ordered "Fried noodle topped with minced pork in light curry sauce and fried egg", I lived in Singapore for three years,and since then I never had, I travelled in Asia quite a lot,noodle so good, they were perfect, home cooking, slurp.
My husband had green curry, a classic in Thailand, but this was different from the one we had before, very green in color, spicy but not too much, good very good