“Why work in the customer service industry?”

Ricky's Coffee Shop
Ranked #26 of 587 Coffee & Tea in Bangkok
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We went for dinner and the food was tasty and reasonably priced. The service at dinner was so-so but we figured the waitress must have had a long day. We went back for breakfast the following day and the service was worse. The menus were thrown down in front of us without any greeting and it actually felt like we were inconveniencing the waitress by making an order. The food was delivered in the same way. The sugar bowl was swarmed by ants and given the previous service, we decided to not ask for a replacement. Upon paying, again the change was thrown down on the counter and the waitress turned her back before we'd even picked it up. Whilst the food was reasonable, good customer service can go a long way, and on that note the restaurant isn't worthy of patronage.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

A trip to Bangkok would not be complete without a great coffee and Delicious Sandwich at Ricky's! Great Breakfasts and sandwiches and a great coffee to accompany.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We've been going to Ricky's since the mid '90s. It's one of the things I look forward to on our annual trips to SE Asia...breakfast at Ricky's. Not outstanding, not fantastic, but reliable and a little like our home away from home coffee house. Muz has his eggs and I have fruit and muesli with yogurt, 2 cups of strong coffee with sweet milk and I'm ready to face a day in Bangkok...besides, its right next to our guesthouse, the New Siam II. I couldn't do Bangkok without it.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was the only place open twice when we were up early. First time, my eggs were almost raw, I don't mind a soft yolk but even the white was I adequately cooked. So, the next time I asked for eggs over easy, and they were burnt. Bread is stale and dry, just like the service. They need to pick up the game. Coffee was ok.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ate breakfast a few times at Ricky’s on our last Bangkok stay. The coffee isn’t bad (by Thai standards) and the banana pancakes excellent (although the first one served had to go back to remove the ants). We also enjoyed the baguettes and omelettes, and the shakes are good too, especially the coconut. Best place to sit is down the back, next to a fan, and away from the traffic on Pra Arphit.

3  Thank ctrunfree