I stayed here on a business trip...though my first preference would be Citadines 16. Overall its a good experience but as they say..."good" is the biggest enemy of "great" :-)
The good things first -
1) very good location...it's tucked well inside the Soi so you would be away from the "road side din"...the complementary Tuk-tuk service is very good....drops you right in front of Nana BTS Station (BTS is an excellent service here).
2) Excellent usage of space - within a not-so-big room it does provide nearly all amenities for a business traveler (on a longish stay)...including a mini kitchen
3) Very good service - the reception and room service are above par (though some have problems in spoken english)..
4) Great location - Sukhumvit Soi 8 is a great place to be...lots of shopping (big and small) and food places (street food, korean/mexican town and big shot diners)...
Now for the possible improvements - noting major...but can improve the experience of a business traveler bigtime.....
1) The restaurant and breakfast - I was Ok with the spread but the service was not very good (the servers were pleasant and trying to help but there was a glaring lack of adequate food and taste)....either stop the free breakfast or improve it (even with a additional cost)
2) The room ventilation (specially bathroom) is not good...also the quality of stuff like bathroom-curtains etc can be improved....I am all for "Lean" service...but lean-ness cannot mean "mean-ness" :-)....
Again....minor issues in an otherwise excellent value for money stay right in the heart of Bangkok...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines Sukhumvit 8 Bangkok is just a five-minute walk from Nana skytrain station, close to major office and business centers. Vibrant colours and bold interiors underline the property’s modern yet sophisticated style, all 130 stylish apartments offering a fully equipped kitchen, separate bedroom and lounge and sliding television. Stay tuned for great information through WIFI internet access in all apartments and public. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Citadines Sukhumvit 8 Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Sukhumvit 8 Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Citadines Hotel Bangkok