“happy times”

Ranked #186 of 1,189 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Seaford, United Kingdom
“happy times”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have stayed here on numerus occaisons whilst visiting my girlfriend who lives nearby.I have always found it a true home from home.I enjoy their facilities,the swimming pool,gym and restaurant[good food great value].The staff are always obliging and friendly,and you always feel very safe and secure in the building.Even the surrounding area is secure.There is a security guard further up the road.Every time I have stayed here I have never had any cause for complaint,and I have always left there with a hint of sadness that I wasn't able to stay there for longer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nigel F
sivalaip, Front Office Manager at Sivalai Place, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear K.Nigel F,

Thank you for your recent stay at Sivalai Place. We hope that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services were acceptable to you.

Please let us know if there's any ways that we might make improvements in the accommodations and services for our guests.

With Best Regards,

Front Office Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Everything was fine as I moved in, but it was getting worst. I have so many terrible experiences with the staff and management.

1) I felt monitored all the time. Register for everything pool, sauna, fitness. But this is still ok, but also my friends had to register as they came over and had to give them their ID. After it, we had to go to the management to pick it up. What's the reason for this? I can tell u: They wanne know who u bring over, but this is none of their business.

2) The way how they treat friends and family member is quite unfriendly and they don't show any respect. They looked at them just like strangers. Maybe because they couldn't charge them. I stayed for weeks at friends' condos and I was treated so fair and even got keys for the apartment without any additional fees.

2.1) Therefore, invasion of privacy in a really bad way.

3) There are so many employees but nobody acts professional or on behalf of the customers. Surfing in the internet but instructing you to clean up like a teenager.

4) Pool usage not possible after 10am cuz they open it for the whole neighborhood. Hence it is so packed the whole day and the water is getting dirty pretty fast.

5) They promote their beverages prices as "retail prices". Maybe someone should tell them that they charge +25% to local supermarkets. Thanks for jerking us around.

Recommendation: Guys, have a look what they charge and what they offer. Sivalais price-performance rate is poor. The condo market in BKK is high competitive and u will find better places for less money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Wayne B
sivalaip, Manager at Sivalai Place, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is sad to see how frustrated you are from what you have shared. The review should be truthful. It is unkind to give out wrong information to other people.

First, we asked for the residents to sign-in for the use of swimming pool & fitness room because people left their items behind ie ipod, iphone, mobile, books gym equipment etc. There is not register for the sauna. For family or friends of residents, they need to register and that is the policy. Policies are different from place to place & from one country to another. The reason that your friend need to pick up the ID in the morning is because they arrived late at night and the office is closed.

Second, It is not in our intention to be rude to the residents who are our customers. If you can give me the name of people who have been treated in a bad way. We can write them and apologize. You also have forgot to write that that the additional fee is the key deposit. Once you left the check-out the money will be return to you.

Third, I'm not sure of the point you want to make.

Forth, The pool is open from 9am to 9pm. It is pretty empty during the week days. It get busy in the evening because Thais do not like the sun. It is busy in the weekend which is from 2-3pm onwards.

Fifth, We have never mark up the price to +25%.

There are many apartment out there which you could have moved still you have stayed. I feel sad for your frustration. It reminded me of you admitted after creating a long story that you stole the code to enter the premises.

If you are giving out the right information, I would have appreciated and accept it. I will use your input to make Sivalai Place better in the future. Good luck and all the best.

Best regards,
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at Sivalai Place for 5 nights back in 2010. this was a fantastic place to stay the staff where all helpful and friendly. The place it self is nestled down a side street but if you require a taxi the staff will book you a taxi, but just be sure to keep the hotels business card so you can get back ok.

The hotel it self consists of several apartments with a large living room with kitchen and a large room and bathroom. All of these are modern spacious and kept spotless by the staff. The hotel facilities are excellent there is an internet cafe, pool and washing facilities should you need to wash your clothes.

I will defiantly stay here again next time I'm in BKK.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
sivalaip, Front Office Manager at Sivalai Place, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Sivalai Place. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.
I hope that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at Sivalai Place.

I am looking forward to welcoming and servicing you.

With best Regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We stayed in one of the apartment style rooms and it was impressive for the price, self catering was possible although just a hob and not many utensils, but we were able to knock up some basic meals. The room we stayed in all have ac televisions and massive comfy beds. I wouldn't advise lone travelers to stay here as its out of the action, but ideal for groups or couples travelling together. Yes, the location is not great but if this was in the centre of bangkok they would be able to charge 10 times more. The price of a cab in to town is a couple of pounds. The swimming pool is free and very nice for doing lengths and there is a charge for using tennis facilities. I would avoid the on restaraunt though. Overall top value place which I would recommended.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear (Guest Name),

Thank you for your advice. It was truly a pleasure to serve you and we hope that your stay was pleasant.

We look forward to seeing you again hopefully, in the near future. Please let us know if there is anything you need on your next visit to make your visit to our hotel as memorable as possible.

With best regards,

Podimore
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed a total of 9 nights and thought sivalai was really excellent. It describes itself as a hostel but it's not like any hostel we have ever seen before. The rooms are clean, large, comfortable and well equipped with tv and a/c. There is a small kitchen with a microwave that allows you to cook simple meals although utensils are in short supply. It is much more like an apartment easily allowing you to stay months at a time. However, it is not serviced and you do your own cleaning and tidying. In this respect it is not a four or five star hotel- there is no room service or poolside waiting nor is breakfast included but if you are self sufficient and happy to take care of yourself you cannot ask for any better. There are great tennis courts that you can pay to use, the swimming pool is large and clean, there are coin operated washing machines and a games room with an enormous amount of local info.
It is located in a quiet residential area on the thonburi side of the river making it a very authentic stay. Initially it seems a little isolated but the cross river ferry to wat pho is a 15 min walk allowing access to other areas of Bangkok. The local buses are frequent and very cheap enabling you to get around (avoid rush hour). They also provide free bikes which are useful for the local area. There is a lot to see on this side of the river (princess mother park is especially nice)
In our opinion if you are self sufficient and don't want luxury service this place is excellent, especially for an extended stay.

Room Tip: 1 bed apartment is very spacious with a separate living area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BangkokLoft
Dear (Guest Name),

On behalf of Sivalai Place, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay with us for 9 nights.

We will improve the service and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed a t Sivalai Place for about 3 months and was very satisfied. Top-notch rooms with flat screen TV's, nice kitchen and appliances, very comfortable furniture and beds, drink delivery to the room at low prices (very handy!!) and gym, tennis and swimming facilities is what you can expect as a standard.

The best part is that the owning family really makes an effort to make your stay in a foreign country as comfortable trying to make you feel home, if it's organizing activities, celebrating holidays together or just helping you out when you are in need.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Sivalai Place and thank the whole team for the great stay!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

With Best Regards,

Sincerely Yours,

Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed February 17, 2013

What is not to like; nothing. From the time I walked into reception on my arrival to the time I booked out, the service and help was fast, efficient and courteous. I have stayed in some pretty classy hotels before and the homely atmosphere at Sivalai Place far surpassed the other hotels.

My room was big, clean and air-conditioned and was all that I needed. The bed was big and comfortable and the sheets were very clean and nice and soft. Security at the hotel is taken very seriously, so on that score there are no worries. The amenities are very good and if you are into tennis and swimming, then this is the place to go. All first class.

I had all my meals at the hotel and the food was delicious, healthy and there was plenty of it. It wasn't expensive and the menu selection was very good. There was not one meal that I had there that I I'd not enjoy.

The room rates aren't expensive and instead of viewing that expenditure as a cost; look at it as an investment. You will want to go back, because I intend to when I travel more to Bangkok.

The management and staff are warm, friendly and helpful in the Thai way and culture and remember; if you never go, you will never know!!

Room Tip: Be specific in what your needs are when booking and you will get the right room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Value Guest,

I am really sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your positive comments and we really appreciated to read that we have made up to your expectation. Your comment has been shared among our team to ensure we will continue delivering good service to all guest.

I am looking forward to welcoming and servicing you. Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime if we can be further assistance.

Best Regards,