1,901 results
All reviews rooftop pool khao san road grand palace serene corner room phra athit pier boat stop nice hotel perfect location express boat wat pho hotel restaurant walking distance stayed here for nights city view restaurants and bars tuk tuk street food
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2019

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It's conveniently located right close to an Express boat Pier, which makes travel up and down the river easy. The room was large and comfortable and, importantly, very quiet at night. There is a restaurant right beside the river. We did not eat there other than the breakfast which was included with the booking. The breakfast was good and the setting, by the river, was beautiful. Finally, the staff was great. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

I have stayed at different hotels in BKK. This hotel has made our trip memorable. I have already recommended my friends this hotel when visiting BKK. I do not want to repeat the same things.. what was said on the previous (positive) reviews is absolutely correct. The only minor thing is that they charged you a nominal fee if you store your luggages with them ( we had to stay at a different place for 1 night and come back at the hotel for another 2 nights stay).
We booked our taxi to the Airport with the hotel because it’s cheaper than using GRAB..( from my experience it’s not worth to use GRAB IN BKK).

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2019

This visit in 2019 was my third stay at Navalai - I returned here in May because of the absolute satisfaction with the hotels staff, facilities and location. The hotel is directly attached to the riverside, and has a public ferry stage at it's door - the ferries are excellent and I recommend visitors use the 'hop on - hop off' boats that allow tourist day trips into the various river bank sites of interest.
The hotel has a good 'indoor / outdoor' restaurant, again right on the riverside, and I really enjoyed dining here. The buffet breakfast was good, and the staff are wonderful. I specified a river view room as I like to watch the traffic on the water - my room was in excellent condition, and was properly cleaned every day. The street side of the hotel, where taxis come and go, is well organised by a Concierge desk, and visitors can walk off into Kao San road, that is chock full of cheap eats and various tourist markets.
For a very reasonable price, this hotel makes a tourist stay in the city extremely practical - you are within easy reach of EVERYTHING.
I absolutely cannot fault Navalai River Resort - I will book again any time I visit Krung Thep.

Room tip: river view rooms are the top pick here
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank HenryBalfour
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

Went with a friend’s recommendation of Navalai and was not disappointed. Smaller boutique hotel on the river with a nice rooftop pool and bar with outstanding views. The entire staff was helpful with good English.

Location is more of a neighborhood feel. Plenty of options on nearby Ram Buttri Rd and even more on Khaosan Rd for shopping and entertainment. All easy walking distance.

The Phra Arthit boat pier is very convenient for traveling the river but can be a bit noisy if your room is waterfront.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

Great hotel, stayed here for two nights (3rd May - 5th May) we had a twin room on the firth floor, I did read a few reviews of some of the rooms hearing the noise from the street however the room we was in didn’t have any issues as we was facing away from the street but not on the river, I would say the only noise was from the air con however it did not disturb us from sleep. The rooms are very clean and maintained the reception staff and hotel staff are very friendly helping us with local information and arranging for a taxi to pick us up for the airport. Right next to the hotel is a boat pick up point which was very useful for us for getting around with being our first time in Thailand. There is a tourist boat for 300B for the day which has unlimited hop on and offs however there is also the normal boat service which is around 15b for a single fair pretty easy to use takes you right up to the temples and shopping centres (tip: Not all staff speak English and sometimes asking for a ticket to a destination can be challenging however at the ticket office of the tourist boat you can pick up a little booklet in English and on the back there’s a map of all the boat drop offs, this made our life’s a easier as even though they are numbered asking to go to No: 13 wasn’t always understood) the hotel is a short walk away from Kohsan Road which we visited on our last evening. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would enjoy to return once in Bangkok again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends