“Simply the best......”

New York Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #239 of 10,792 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: The New York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott Bangkok provides the prefect venue for a special meal. This restaurant,located on the hotels' second floor mezzanine, represents the best of the great American steakhouses.The finest fresh chilled, USDA certified, grain fed, Angus beef is served. Aged to perfection, it is cooked precisely to order. Different cuts and types of Prime beef from around the world with your choice of sauces and sides are featured. Try the Australian Wagyu Tomahawk Steak for two.Traditional appetizers like Clam Chowder, Shrimp Cocktail, House-smoked Salmon and Caesar Salad are popular starters. Dessert vary from Baked Bomb Alaska and New York Cheesecake. There is also a selection of fresh seafood delicacies, as well as some traditional non beef dishes. The wine list is massive and impressive; a full range of cocktails is offered, great Martinis.Opening Hours: 18:00 - 22:30Reservations: Highly recommendedDress Code: Smart Casual (chinos, no shorts, no slippers)Children: No children under 12 years
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
“Simply the best......”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

NYS is definitely my favorite steak restaurants in Bangkok. Exceptional food with professional, attentive, and personal service. A great selection of wines and the perfectly cooked steaks are really exquisite.
I had the beef tartar and the ceasar salad prepared table side, which is a great expirience to watch (thx to the perfect trained staff), the taste was as it should be at a place like that, outstanding.
The main course was a fresh chilled Certified prime beef well-aged,cooked to perfection medium to medium rare, the food is exceptionally said to be divine.
This time I came alone and I didn't want to drink a whole bottle of wine, so the supervisor Khun Joy offered me a wine pairing which perfectly matched to the food I ordered.

There is just one thing which I really don`t undestandand and I think it is a big mistake, why did you remove the bar and add more tables? It was a perfect place for the first drink before you get seated.

• Visited July 2014
BrunoRotschaedl-DFB, Manager at New York Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear Anderl1603,

greetings from the New York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for visiting us again here at the New York Steakhouse and for being such a loyal patron of ours. I certainly appreciate all the nice comments about your experience with the ambiance, the food, beverages and service.

We certainly hear comparisons between the previous inside the restaurants as well as the Manhattan bar just opposite. Some favor the previous one and some the new one. We certainly take your comments and will work with them to keep providing you with a great experience.

Looking forward to your next visit here already,

with very best regards,

Bruno Rotschaedl - Director of Food and Beverage at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
“The perfect choice for the best steak and outstanding service in town”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Another great night at the NYS house,
I had the beef tartar and the ceasar salad prepared table side, which is a great expirience to watch (thx to the perfect trained staff), the taste was as it should be at a place like that, delicious.
This time I came alone and I didnt wanted to drink a whole bottle of wine by myself so they offered me a wine pairing which matched perfectly to the food I ordered.

There is just one thing which I really don`t undestandand and I think it is a big mistake, why did you remove the bar and add more tables? That´s why I give 4 out of five.

Perth, Australia
“A Pleasant Experience”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Staff was uber friendly, greeted warmly and had two dedicated waitresses. Food was great and worth every penny if you ask me. Had the 8 oz filet mignon and struggled to finish and generally that was the same across the table. Maybe we arent used to the large portions. all six of us ordered different things to make use of this experience but i think i ordered best and so i will recommend the fillet mignon to anyone reading this. Big comfy chairs just makes the dining experience feel so lux. However we felt a bit uncomfortable due the bad air circulation or something, kinda stuffy and warm where we sat,

1 Thank jennlimm
Dear Jennlimm,

greetings from the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for your visit and for sharing them with the TripAdvisor community.
I'm glad that you've enjoyed your 8 oz. filet mignon and we'll for sure taking your comments on the portion size for internal discussion points.
The team is also very pleased about your mentioning for their service performance, thank you for that as well.

The New York Steakhouse is certainly looking forward to welcome you back soon again or whenever you're around in this part of town.

Ao Nang, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good steak, desserts, and service”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The place was nice and the service was great. We were taking a good care by restaurant manager and she recommended us many good dishes and price. I had a great time with all the good food, drinks, and desserts. Apart from the beef that I like were New York Cheese Cake and Alaska. The mocktail also great.

BrunoRotschaedl-DFB, Manager at New York Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Sukalin,

greetings from New York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott Bangkok!

I'm glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us.
The New York Steakhouse team is already looking forward to your next visit with us.

Bruno Rotschaedl - Director of Food and Beverage at the JW Marriott Bangkok
Toledo, Ohio
“Still good BUT with major disappointment!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Having come here a few times each year since 2006, I always appreciate the consistency and quality of the service and the food here, it is top notch across the board and never fails to exceed expectations. I visited again last evening and again today and am sad to report the removal of the "bar" in the Steakhouse! This NY imitated restaurant (by name) REMOVED the bar so as to add one more table to the restaurant. I find this an egregious mistake from a customer standpoint. Ask the GM to walk into any one of 25 best steakhouses in NYC and see if ANY of them do NOT have a bar for their guests.... I can guarantee you every single one of them have a bar. Another short sighted decision by their management. I wonder if the bar was not producing the revenue one more table would add to their bottom line in their estimation? I honestly don't think they are looking at the big picture, just numbers. I may visit here again, just not as regularly as there are many great steakhouses in BKK, try Prime at the Hilton on the river or Artur. Both are very comparable to this restaurant with a bar to sit at and enjoy a drink prior to being seated.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Steve T
Dear Steve T,

greetings from the Newy York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community.

We hear your concern and have put a lot of thought into it before the decision of the Bar removal has been made. With the addition of our latest outlet, the Manhattan Bar, we created a great alternative to the previous New York Steakhouse bar counter. We do recognize as with any change there are guests who prefer the previous version and others prefer the current setting. I certainly hope that at your next visit I have the opportunity to chat with you a little bit more about the idea behind.

I truly appreciate your continued patronage here att he New York Steakhouse and my team is certainly looking forward to welcome you soon again here.

With very best regards,

Bruno Rotschaedl - Director of Food and Beverage at the JW Marriott Bangkok.