Thong Ta Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,028 results
All reviewsfree shuttlesuvarnabhumi airportnear airporttransit hotelhotel repno liftmain buildingtriple roomshort stayfree breakfastsmall balconynight markettaxi driverbahtwifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Pros:
Close to Suvarnabhumi Airport (10 minutes)
Cheap
Very clean rooms, clean bathrooms
Comfortable beds, nice pillows
Free airport shuttle (make sure to select a room including this option)
Free breakfast (make sure to select a room including this option)
Very fast check-in and check-out

Cons:
Occasional waits for airport shuttle (10-20 minutes, plan accordingly)
Breakfast takes a while (15-25 minutes, plan accordingly)

Tips/Other:
It is worth paying the additional dollar or two for a superior room (new room)
Avoid rooms on the ground floor

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Big and convenient hotel

Shuttle bus that runs 24 hours from Suvarnabhumi airport picks you up and drops you off.
As you come out of the airport there is a representative from the hotel who will call the mini bus.
10 minutes to the hotel.

Service of good. Rooms OK, though the ones on the middle of the two buildings on the ground floor can be noisy as people go past all night with their cases.

Mattresses hard and high pillows

Breakfast is 2 slices of toast, egg ham/sausage a tea/coffee or Asian rice style breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank markr27
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights before flying home, and for the price I thought it was very good value. My room was on the ground floor, not in the main building, and was a bit noisy the first night, but the bed was very clean and comfortable, the aircon good and the bathroom facilities fine. The reception staff were very helpful. I travelled into Siam square to do last minute shopping and found the airport rail link and skytrain very easy to use. Reception staff helped me to plan the best way to get there and it was very cheap to do, only 40 baht from Lakrabang station to the Skytrain, then 130 baht for a one day ticket on Skytrain. The hotel taxi driver wanted 800 baht to take me to Siam Square! Airport transfers were very efficient. I was travelling alone and felt quite safe in this hotel and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I'll be blunt, If you are one of those Paris Hilton style people with demands similar to Kelly Clarkson then you won't like this place. But if you are a human being on a budget and want to experience Thailand at its finest, then here is the place to be. The rooms are kept clean, neat and bug free. Small balcony but I don't spend my vacation sitting on a balcony watching the world go by. There is an awesome market about 5 minutes walk from the hotel front door. Rooms are air conditioned so good that even an Alaskan such as myself had to turn it up instead of down. There are plenty bars and restaurants all around the hotel. Be sure to take a hotel card with you if you can not speak Thai. So you can show a cabbie the card and he will know exactly where to take you. Secon Square is a must here. It is about a 20 minute 120 baht ride by taxi. But you will find any and everything you need. If you get Bangkok Belly, as I did, no fears Batman, pharmacy is located beside the 7-11 that is about 2 minutes walk from the hotel. You can get the meds you need, just tell the pharmacist what your problem is and she will set you up and you will be better within an hour or two. Cost for meds is about 400 baht or a little over 10 usd. Not bad for emergency care and scripts.
the front desk personell are incredible. they understand English very well and will be more than happy to teach you Thai. The smile they give you is genuine, it is not because they are paid to smile. They smile because they are enjoying their jobs, life, etc. They are very good people, do not treat them like you treat clerks at other american hotels. These people will take good care of you. They will help you find whatever you wish. I stayed here twice and my daughter will be here in April for Songkhran. I recommended this hotel to her. She will stay here also, I feel safe with her here. The area is good, the people are protective of the guest and your belongings. They take a mistake personal, so bear with them if a mistake is made. They will more than compensate you for your troubles.
They have taxi drivers that hang out beside the hotel at a little coffee shop, these guys can offer you fantastic deals on Safari world, snake farms etc. I took my wife, child and myself to Safari world, all day, food included cost was about $100 usd. AND the cabbie stays with you at the park to take care of your child for you while you go have some alone time. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! The hotel also offers tours of Thailand dirt cheap. Take them. Take the bus to Chiayaphum if you want to see the country side. Enjoy Thailand, Be safe, Be smart and enjoy a culture that has an unbelievable love of country, self and respect. My next trip back I marry my miaa and we bought property in Chiayaphum and I don't go back to USA. Thank God.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the building with a lift. They are newer. If you are in the building where you checked in, there is no lift so you walk the stairs.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katchican
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've tried a lot of the airport hotel options at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok. Chose this hotel (which as stated in other reviews is not a proper resort) a couple times cause I was traveling alone, had my car and decided to stop around the airport because of the plentiful inexpensive places for the simple purpose of getting some sleep.

Considering price Thongta is A-OK as long as you remember you get what you pay for. And I've tried both the new and old rooms. It's certainly worth the extra $10 USD to get a new room which I believe they call "Superior" as opposed to "Standard". It appears most photos online are of the new rooms so don't book the cheaper one and expect to get a flat screen TV etc. That being said, if the difference between $20 or $30 a night is too much, then you'll be OK in the old ones.

As with most airport hotels in this area, it appears to be cheaper to book online through a third party rather than showing up at the hotel. First time I stayed there, I walked up to reception with the price from Agoda showing on my phone and the girl said "just book it online" cause she couldn't match it.

As stated in a few other reviews, the breakfast is skimpy, but Hey what do you expect at these prices, a great breakfast in Bangkok costs nearly as much as the rooms here.

One one occasion I used the airport shuttle and it was functional, timely, etc. etc. but as far as I can tell, all the airport hotels have a good shuttle service.

So if you want a functional airport hotel at rock bottom prices, try this one, but just remember as stated in other reviews, it's not a resort.

Happy Traveling

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 USD and get one of the new rooms, make sure they give you the new one also, I had them try to slip me into an old one on my second stay even though I booked the "Superior" room style. You can tell because it's the building which has a lift instead of only stairs.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo