“An amazing hidden gem”

Ranked #254 of 11,964 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Found 5 minutes walking distance from the beginning of Sukhumvit Soi 18, Tacos & Salsa is a hidden Mexican gem in the busy city of Bangkok. A favourite to expats and tourists as well as locals, at Tacos & Salsa we pride ourselves in serving authentic traditional Mexican home-cooked food that "brings Mexico to you". "Mi casa es su casa" Famous for flavourful sizzling Fajitas: marinated boneless steak/chicken or prawns with grilled peppers, guacamole, tortillas, beans and rice, served on a hot plate, all our recipes are prepared as if we were back home in Mexico. Best strong margaritas in town, classic (lime). honey lime, passion fruit, mango, strawberry, tamarind, or spicy diablo. We also offer Margochelas which are margaritas topped off with a Corona beer! A selection of 45+ Tequilas and Mezcal! Salud! Local and Mexican craft beers, make them into Micheladas, by adding our special spicy Mexican tomato mix! Taquitos de carnitas or pork al pastor have that Mexican street-stall taco taste, and are best accompanied with our 5 homemade salsas. Come join us for a flavourful, chill-out Mexican time from 11am to 11pm, daily, we may even have live music on the weekends! For table reservation or more information on group party hosting (our second floor is able to host 25-30 people), please feel free to contact us.
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My friend recommend me this restaurant! I'm not into maxican food but after I have been here oh man I am falling in love!!! margarita is strong not like anywhere else when they hardly put alcohol in it! The staff here are like friends. The restaurant atmosphere is like having party in your friend's house lots of warmths here! Strongly recommended!!!!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

When I went there the place was very quiet. I had read the reviews on here and so had expectations of a low key restaurant which had delicious food. Frankly I was disappointed. The food was ok but nothing I couldn't have done better at home. I ordered the enchiladas, the tortilla was bland, there was a minimum of cheese on the tortilla and the grilled chicken seemed old. The ingredients were under par I thought. The main course meals were on average 250 baht. Unfortunately in comparison to Sunrise Tacos (a local Mexican restaurant I had been to) I think this place comes off much worse. The price of drinks was 100 baht for a small beer, 170 for the margarita. I wont be going back..

TandS M, Owner at Tacos & Salsa Mexican Bar and Restaurant Sukhumvit 18, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

I am sorry your dining experience with us was not what you expected. Some nights we are quiet and other nights busy, and on some nights there seems to be an impromptu Mexican fiesta. We never know what kind of night it will be ahead of time though. What I can assure you is that all of our ingredients are fresh, we go shopping several times a week to ensure that we are providing quality products. We have different options on our menu and some dishes are more expensive due to the ingredients that are used. You can also find filling and delicious main courses like the taquitos for 190 b. or quesadillas with the filling or your choice for 180 baht. We differentiate from other Mexican restaurants by providing authentic Mexican food, we are not trying to compete with restaurants that serve tex- mex food here in Bangkok. I hope you give us another try, we are always looking to make our customers happy :)

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Had a really nice meal. Went for a burrito, which was really filling. The chicken was really nicely cooked. We also went for the Nachos Grande which again was a really good portion and lots of toppings. Another nice touch was the variety of salsas from fresh to red hot!!! Service was brilliant, so friendly and the food was served quickly. Definitely recommend it.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Just back from dinner here and really enjoyed it. Very nice atmosphere with as has been said before happy staff. Had the salsa set a large burrito and a fajita which was enough for 3 of us. Very easy to find as Soi 18 is only about 5 minutes walk from Asok Skytrain station and another 5 minutes down the Soi which has a few other nice looking restaurants. This is a really good Soi and a good restaurant at the end of it.

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Great little place at the end of soi 18. The owners are very nice and fun and the food superb. The Maragaritas are nice and strong! Try the pizzadilla too.