“Lovely small restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Tacos & Salsa Mexican Bistro
Ranked #245 of 10,108 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: We will me moving up the street on Soi 18... mid soi, and will need to close to make everything perfect for you! We will open on the 9th of February at our new location. Sorry for any inconvenience or unfulfilled taco cravings we may cause ;) Tucked away at the very end of Sukhumvit 18, Tacos & Salsa is a little hidden Mexican gem in the busy city of Bangkok. A favourite to expats and tourists as well as locals, Tacos & Salsa pride ourselves in serving authentic traditional Mexican home-cooked food that "brings Mexico to you". Famous for flavourful sizzling Fajitas: marinated boneless steak served with grilled peppers, guacamole, tortillas, beans and rice, served on a hot plate, all our recipes are prepared as if we were back home in Mexico. Best strong margaritas in town, classic (lime). Honey lime, passion fruit, mango, strawberry, peach and black currant Taquitos de carnitas or pork al pastor have that Mexican street-stall taco taste, and are best accompanied with our 6 homemade salsas. Come join us for a flavourful, chill-out Mexican time from 3pm to 11pm, daily. For table reservation or more information on group party hosting (our second floor is able to host 25-30 people), please feel free to contact us.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Lovely small restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This restaurant is a bit out of the way but well worth the effort. The food is genuine and the taste and flavours remind me of my time in Mexico. The service was excellent and they were very willing to accommodate any of my requests. It is difficult to find real mexican food especially here in Bangkok but the food was wonderful. I would recommend this restaurant especially if you wish to have a romantic evening in an intimate atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Terrence F

• Thai first
Jonkoping, Sweden
“Simply great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay. The service was great with a constant smile. Food was great value and taste. We had some drinks too and they were also very good. I can recommend the Quasedillas.

Visited March 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“A favorite Bangkok discovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I recently moved to Bangkok and I never expected to find such authentic tasting Mexican food. Tacos and Salsa surprised me by far surpassing my expectations. Once you make your way down Soi 18 you will find a cozy and comfortable nook where you can enjoy an intimate evening with friends and great food. The enchiladas and margaritas are excellent and will keep you coming back for more without a doubt. I have been there several times now and I can say that the service is consistently good as is the food. Tacos and Salsa has a friendly atmosphere that makes everyone feel relaxed and at home. I would definitely say that Tacos and Salsa is one of my favorite Bangkok restaurants.

• Visited January 2013
Belfast
“So happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

So hard to find unbelievable mexican food, defo go here. Margeritas devine, Nachos were so nice with hot salsa dips and well the burritos were perfect. Thanks to all for making our night unbelievable. Buenos noches Andy and Victoria x

• Visited February 2013
San Francisco, California
“Time to update the decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you follow directions and go to the end of Soi 18, you'll eventually find Tacos & Salsa. But you can't read their sign until you're almost at the front door. The interior is friendly looking, but not much thought was put into the seating. The larger tables are not comfortable for 4 people; it's like sitting in economy class on a plane. And the backs of the chairs mark up the walls with ugly brown scratches. How about touching up the wall paint every few months? A few other items need attention, such as a missing lamp shade, etc. Also, they need a host to greet you and show you a table. When we arrived, all four workers just stood at the back and looked at us while we tried to figure out the protocol. The food was pretty good. Chips and salsa were fine and my Aztec Cake (I think it was called that) was layers of tortillas filled with tasty pork and a nice sauce. Avoid the cimichangas. Probably standard items such as enchiladas would be ok. Margaritas were pretty good, but expensive. If you're in the neighborhood, such as at the Rembrandt hotel, Tacos & Salsa provides an ok alternative to Thai food every night at a pretty good price.

• Visited January 2013