“Great experience!”

Silom Thai Cooking School
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was one of the highlights of my trip. I learnt so much in the 4 hour class and had so much fun learning too
It was awesome going to the markets to get all the food fresh and learn about each ingredient as well.
Our tutor was so funny and he got everyone involved and seeing as it was a small group of 7 people, we were able to get one on one instructions and was great to leave having made some friends.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Really enjoyed our day cooking class here at the Silom Thai cooking school. The instructor was great, and we learnt a lot about the delicious herbs and spices that make up a selection of famous Thai dishes.

Yes, the 1,000BHT fee each was a little steep but we had 4 or 5 dishes there and the school gave us a lovely book with a recap of recipes created.

I was particularly impressed how the school amended the recipes for my friend who has many allergies.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you are looking for something different to do in bangkok, than i suggest this. Its in the heart of silom, and was a great way to learn about cooking thai. I thought it was very reasonablly priced too. Just 1000 baht and you cook 5 dishes and eat them all! We had such a great time and the staff were super friendly. We also got a booklet at the end of all the recipes so no need to write anything down.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you are suffering from temple fatigue, then take a break and learn some Thai cooking. This is the most useful, helpful and enjoyable thing we did in Bangkok. The day started with a visit to the local market. We had chef Oliver (great guy) who explained the various local Thai ingredients used in Thai cooking. After grabbing a few items from the market, we headed back to the cooking school along the hidden alleyways of Bangkok by foot. Everything was well prepared and so organized. Good flow through out the class. Highly recommended.
It costs 1000 Baht per person and worth every penny.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was surprised to hear the price (1000 baht) of the class but my husband and I really enjoyed ourselves. We took the evening class so the market visit wasn't an option for us but the chef did a great job of introducing all the food items to us at the school. 4-5 dishes (I can't recall) were made in total so you really end up stuffed towards the end. The school itself was very well hidden so I appreciate being picked up from the metro stop. The chef was accommodating to my dietary needs which was much appreciated.