“Best seafood in bangkok”

Lord Jim's at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
Ranked #52 of 11,272 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Sushi, European, Mediterranean, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Description: Sumptuous seafood and river views to savour Named after the seafaring hero created by novelist Joseph Conrad, Lord Jim’s reputation for magnificent seafood is almost as well known as its namesake. Enjoying an uninterrupted view of the river, Lord Jim’s serves one of the most popular buffet lunches in Bangkok with a wide selection of seafood and international dishes on offer. For dinner, diners can choose from an à la carte or set menu. Focusing on the freshest seafood available, Lord Jim’s is particularly renowned for its sushi and sashimi dishes.A private dining room can accommodate 20 diners for lunch and 16 guests for dinner.
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Fresh and great tasting seafood. A break from Thai food this is wonderful. Cannot find fresher fish anywhere and did not worry about the sashimi or raw fish. All was presented well and had great flavors. Be prepared to spend some money as it is expensive.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I went there with my grandma, who paid for it. The food is excellent, extremely five-star and superb standard. Desserts are awesome. A HUGE selection of colourful, deliciously-made desserts. DONT MISS: The Foie Gras, Personalise-it Crepe, and Creme Brulee!! CHildren under 12 get it half-price too! :)

3  Thank Prim K
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Lord Jim's lunch buffet is a favourite of mine. I go there every time I visit Bangkok. It has never let me down and this time I went it was great as always.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

A repeat performance of our buffet lunch last year.Before Lord Jim's I was not fussy about sushi,but they have converted me.General high quality of food and incredible desserts.Book in advance and go for a window seat.

1  Thank jockhaggis
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We were invited guests so it would have been impolite of us to criticize a recent dinner at Lord Jims however, on learning that the host had mentioned similar disappointment to my wife I feel it is necessary to warn other diners.
Essentially the food is overpriced for measly portions.
My wife ordered cod fillet which was extremely small and would be less than half the size for similarly priced fare in London and Paris from where we have just returned.
I had rack of lamb with ratatouille; the rack was the smallest I have seen and the side helping of ratatouille was no larger than a tablespoonfull. As conversation was lively I had not noticed the single tiny mushroom on the plate until my wife pointed it out to me. I am not sure whether this was a artistic embellishment or the restaurant was having a joke. Thirty years ago this type of fare was called nouvelle cuisine but has been long kicked out in favour of honest value for money something which Lord Jims does not provide.

1  Thank myeast

Been to Lord Jim's at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok? Share your experiences!