“Disappointing !!”

Kinnaree Gourmet Thai Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #678 of 10,792 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Bangkok, Thailand
“Disappointing !!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Went to Kinnaree for lunch last Sunday, because my favorite restaurant was still closed. I had heard from Kinnaree Restaurant before, so I wanted to give it a try.
However, it was a very disappointing experience. The food was pricey and wasn't any special. I expected good quality food for the price I had to pay, but it was just an average meal.
There are a lot of great restaurants in the area (for example, try Suda in Soi 14) where you pay half the price and can get delicious food.

• Visited December 2013

“Best thai food in Thailand,”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

charming atmosphere a service
Beautiful music and dance. The staff are charming and speak fluent English Spanish a day Thai. Wonderful night out.
Really recommend Crying Tiger

Los Angeles, California, United States
“Wonderful Food; Romantic Atmosphere; A Little Pricey”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

First, it's a little hard to find--tuck away down a driveway off Soi 8--probably a large two-story house converted into a restaurant. Beautiful exterior patio with huge tree and outside bar. Service was friendly and impeccable. An extensive menu of authentic Thai cuisine with excellent seafood dishes in particular. I had the sea bass; she had the river prawns--both were superb! With a deep fried shrimp egg roll appetizer added in, I was a little taken aback when the bill arrived. Reminded more of overpriced restaurants in California. But we had no complaints about the food, the atmosphere was fantastic and the service was impeccable.

• Visited November 2013
“Appaling Service and below average Food”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My family and I visited this restaurant on our recent visit to Thailand. When we arrived at the restaurant we were very impressed by the decor. It is a lovely looking restaurant. There was a performer inside playing an instrument which added to the lovely ambiance.

We were all excited for some great Thai food but it was not to be. Not even close!

We ordered our starters. No issue there.

Waiting for the mains, they brought every meal at different times rather than all being served within a couple of minutes of each other so we could all eat together. 3 of the meals were stone cold and had to be reheated. One of the meals we didn't even order and after telling the waiter we did not order it he then came back on two more occasions to question us and ask if we were sure we did not order it. In the end we had to be quite abrupt for him to understand.

After all that only 5 meals came out and we had to repeatedly ask how long the sixth meal was going to take and were told each time 'soon soon'. When it did finally arrive everyone else had finished their meals.

Despite the lovely decor of this restaurant everything else about it was an absolute let down.

Thailand, Bangkok
“Fantastic for Events”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have been coming here for several years especially when I have friends or family visiting me and they are extremely impressed with the quality of the food, the service and the ambiance. What I especially love about it is the amazing vegan options. They are able to make make things vegan with just a few substitutions. My boyfriend loves their Penang tofu. He claims it is the best he has ever had and he has had a lot. I love the pomelo salad and their tamarind gluten chicken which is amazing and it has an incredible texture. As a coorganiser of the Bangkok Vegan Meet up group which has 500members, I wanted to come here and promote veg food in an omni restaurant. They were a delight to work with. Trying so hard to fulfil our request. The food was amazing and many of our group will come back. I should also mention that the food is beautifully presented and there is Thai music and dancing too. Another reason it is good for visitors. The manager speaks excellent English, French and Spanish as well. They have function rooms upstairs too. Check it out. I am sure you will not regret it.

1 Thank Brighde R