“Fab Place”

Ranked #805 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Glasgow
“Fab Place”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

im dismayed to read comments like "the staff dont speak english" and "bathroom to small" its Bangkok not Boston, so grow up and enjoy yourself... ive stayed here many times and have always found the staff friendly and helpful... Perhaps those that knock the place should read the book "Rats, Bats And Strange Toilets, before they leave their overrated homeland....!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
10 Thank JollyJag

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Finnish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Please save your money and time and do NOT stay at this hotel. After a long flight from San Diego, CA my girlfriend and I were excited to get to the hotel and relax a little before venturing out in Bangkok. When we checked in the hotel the woman behind the desk spoke no English. She was fighting us on paying for our room right then, as I was showing her my Paypal receipt that I had prepaid the total cost in full. The room was disgusting. It looks nothing like the pictures they show online. The bathroom was tiny. We dropped off our bags in the room and went to eat lunch. When we returned I tried to take a shower but realized the water only trickled out. Absolutely no water pressure. What set me over the top and to another hotel was when I saw two enormous rats in the hotel. Then I saw the staff laughing at the fact that there were rats in the hotel. I went and grabbed my bags and went to check out. The woman checking me out of course spoke no English. I asked to see the manager. The manager told me I could not have any of my money back. I payed for a 3 night stay and was there for 2 hours. Please save yourself from this establishment.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
11 Thank AutumnHouston

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

london
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Booked and stayed at this 'boutique-hotel' late last year. The stay was ruined by a member of staff who frequently 'entertained' his short-time boyfriends in the vacant rooms, which is ok, but there were frequent late night altercations between them with shouting, screaming and fighting right outside my door. Very disturbing and more then a little frightening. I complained to the management, but the memeber of staff called me a liar to my face! I checked out and went to another hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
7 Thank gadabouttheworld
Cambridge
Reviewed December 23, 2008

Stayed here, for 10 nights, room was broken into (I suspect staff were responsible), camera, money and passport stolen.
When I confronted staff (ie, security door and key access to my room), they alleged I assaulted another member of staff (who I never met). Police were called, and I was told I would be arrested for the (non) assault unless I dropped my complaint about my room being robbed.
Worst experience of my life, hateful people and complete liars.

DO NOT STAY THERE.

• Liked — leaving in one piece
  • Disliked — Thay are thieves and liars
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank Markieboo
Montreal
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and it was quite a nice change from the Kho San road area. I found the hotel to be very clean, the bathroom was fairly big with nice towels and hot shower. The rooms have ac, mini-bar, tv. The staff is OK, the manager speaks english, but the rest of the staff not really. I recommend it mostly for its location. It is an 8 minute walk to the Lumpini subway station and you can get everywhere from then on. It is also 5 minutes away from the Suam Lum night bazar. The neighborhood is very quiet, there are 7 elevens around. All in all, I was quite happy. For those looking for a traveller atmosphere, well there is none really here, it is more of a small hotel where you do your own thing.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank KrysMontreal