“Great value for fresh Spanish seafood tapas”
Review of Tapas Cafe

Tapas Cafe
Ranked #361 of 10,823 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Singapore, Singapore
“Great value for fresh Spanish seafood tapas”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went at an odd time (around teatime) for tapas and it was 6 small tapas for 385baht. That's great value. The selection, I'm told, was smaller than usual dinner/lunch times though but for those, you'd have to make reservations and not stroll in like we did on a balmy Saturday afternoon to escape the heat.

The seafood tapas we chose fared better than the peppers and gazpacho. The fried calamari is a must-have because of the yummy garlic aioli it came with. The gambas (prawns) were perfect and the roasted squid too. I didn't see sardines on the teatime tapas menu and also didn't see my favourite fried green peppers with salt (pimento del pardons). They should look into serving pimentos that way, its almost always so yummy.

The drinks were good solid sangrias. Perfect little place to go to, in a nook off Soi 11.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Daphneghs

• Korean first
Bali, Indonesia
“Nice for some food and drinks”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I like going to soi 11 once in a while , have some drinks at Cheap Charlies or Oskars for food there are many options but the Tapas bar is one of my favourites. The prices are ok, the drinks good and you can seat in the little terrace outside all in all a good place specially if you been missing spanish flavors.

Singapore, Singapore
“This is THE tapas place in Bangkok”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was skeptical before visiting this tapas bar after reading the mixed review. But soon after i was served and tasted the food i concluded that this is THE tapas place in Bangkok. The place is well managed by manager Xavier from Barcelona. I had a great red granarch from Calatayud. I tasted the Serrano jamon, pulpo with potato, prawn in garlic oil, plancha little squid and chorizo of iberico pork. Marvellous. You must try it for yourself.

2 Thank Yalitan
bangkok
“Average”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is the first Spainish Restaurant I have been to in Bangkok. I was slightly disappointed with the food. I ordered. Squid, Prawns in garlic, Chorizo iberico,Patatas bravas and chicken skewers.
for myself and wife. Also ordered Olives and bread. The Olives were very good. Something to dip the bread in would have been nice possibly a balsamic and olive oil dip. The Chorizo was very good and cheaper than i buy it in Villa Market so very good there. There was not enough sauce with the Patatas Bravas and it is the first time I have seen Aioli added on top of this dish which I do not think mixes well with the sauce. The chicken skewers were ok i quite liked the sauce on them but the chicken itself was very fatty. The prawns in butter and garlic was awful. The butter sauce had an acrid taste and you could not taste the garlic at all. The squid was my favourite cooked dish and well cooked. The price is reasonable and the Restaurant looks fine. Service was fine but lacked the personal friendly touch. I have nothing to compare this to in Bangkok but I do think there is room for improvement.

London, United Kingdom
“Music too loud”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have been here many times but I was disappointed on my last visit. The "background" music w
was too loud with the bass turned up too high so that you could only hear the throbbing bass. We had to shout to be heard which is ok for a bar but not for a restaurant. The air conditioninng also did not seem to be working and we all complained it was too hot.

With regard to the food, the prawns in the paella were not fresh and many of the shellfish (mussels, clams etc) had not opened which I always understood was because they were not live when they were cooked.

I like the concept but I wont be going back again soon

• Visited April 2013