“its not what you seen in the photo is what you can get”

Mac Boutique Suites
Ranked #372 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The hotel location is quite decent, but the room condition is really poor; it was dusty, smelly and not hygiene at all, beside that inside the room also had many insect.
its not value for money; cause during this trip i had also stay other hotel at the similar rate.
i will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy M

Reviewed August 25, 2012

this venue was chosen because of proximity to the Bumrungrad Hospital as a consultation was needed. other than a mixed up ride with the Taxi driver (it is on a one way road) getting there was quite easy from the Airport. booking was on lione through Agoda and it was painless.
Being able to see the rooms online, i upgraded to the nicer more spacious accomodation. For the few dollars different is was well worth the extra.
Upon arrival we were greeting in Thai Tradition. Smiles and a Happy to see you attitude. Check in was swift ( a relief after travelling and a long taxi ride). The room we chose was a Royal Suite which is a one bedroom unit with two toilets and a good sized bed room. Well appointed and clean.... Two TVs both with DVD players....

breakfast was included with the package, and although it was not exciting it was good enough to enjoy each day of the stay. Primarily local cuisine, it was fresh and well made (buffet style). But the dinner menu was great. Ate there almost everynight (room service). Mostly thai dinners that were well cooked and spiced. the last night had the Indian menu, and should have opted to the Thai. The Indian menu was nice, but the flavour and freshness of the Thai food was superior..

All in all, a very enjoyable experience....... Would recommemnd to anyone needing to be close to the Hospital, but eaqually... it is only a few mintes walk from the the Sky Train and also links to the Underground Subway ..... short walk to the red light side of Bangkok, as well as good street food and on street market goodies.......

Room Tip: the Royal Suites are excellent value for money
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lyle b
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I actually came across this hotel by chance after reading a review written on a different hotel by someone who was kind enough to recommend Mac Boutique Suites as a better alternative to the hotel under review. Hence I feel like I owe it to other travelers to Bangkok to also make a review. I really enjoyed my stay at Mac Boutique, their rooms were clean and aesthetically decorated, the refrigerator was well stocked, tea/coffee items & bottled water were available for free on a daily basis and the bathroom contained a comprehensive set of toiletries down to even cotton swabs. The hotel service was wonderful and came along with a free shuttle service around the neighborhood, free internet service, free continental breakfast buffet, as well as an in-house tour service. The staff were quite friendly and helpful. As for room service, you have an option to pick from either their Indian or Thai restaurant menus. I practically lived on hotel food because I had surgery in Bangkok and therefore had to limit my movement. I found the menus to be interesting enough and the food to be delicious enough to keep me interested for the 2 weeks I was there. A couple of English TV channels also helped. if that doesn't work for you, the rooms have DVD players. Also, both buffet and restaurant menus are Halal, which would satisfy some religious concerns. And guess what, two weeks of ordering room service amounted to less than $200 in total, what a bargain! In the past 3 years I have traveled to Dubai, London, Beijing & Sydney, and in neither of these places did I come across the same value for money that I did in Mac Boutique Suites for as little as $50 per night. I hope I have not exaggerated my praise of this hotel, I just can't help it, I really enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: I think it's cheaper if you book through a travel agency
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Zainab H
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Location was fine, but was difficult to locate at first due to the wrong soi number in their online address. Breakfast should have had more local food. The complimentary tuktuk only takes you to Nana station and the hospital, and seeing that the station is only a 3 minute walk away, seems like a meaningless gesture to offer such a service. Perhaps if they offer a shuttle to the nearby Terminal 21 mall, it would be a major plus point.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank THYeow
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights recently. It was an excellent value for the money. We stayed in one of the President Suites for around $63USD per night. It is a great location, right near the Nana BTS station and right in the heart of the madness of Sukhumvit area. Easy to get around and to other areas via the BTS. It is a little walk up the Soi off of Sukhumvit and Nana BTS, but to me that is perfect, you are a little ways from the madness and it is certainly not a long walk. I read previous complaints about their breakfast which was included. I think the breakfast was excellent. They had 5-6 hot items, cereal, some fruits and vegetables, toast, juice, coffee/tea. For free, I don't know how you could complain. My only one complaint might be that on a couple of the nights there was loud music until late coming from a bar down the street. The staff was friendly and very helpful is you needed anything.

Room Tip: no pool, try to get a rear room, probably quieter
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank L4Q400
Reviewed April 23, 2012

After a bad experience at grand inn hotel, we checked out immediately and came over to mac boutique suites which was 5 times better and beyond my expectations. The service was excellent. All the staff were friendly and helpful. We booked a family suite for 4 of my friends including me. The rooms were clean and breakfast was not too bad. Location was good as it's a 5mins walk from nana bts station. Overall, i would definately come back here if i'm travelling again to bangkok.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MarniArina14
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Visited hotel on March 2012, regularly spending few nights at Bangkok and scouting for valu for money suites. First and last visit on this hotel for two reasons: I booked a family suite, 91sqm. However, when arrived hotel (by two persons only which was surprised by hotel staff), a room I booked from their own www-site, was not available.. So, they offered me an upgrade and I accepted hence not bothering to argue nor find a new hotel for one night visit... My "upgrade" was from family suite 91sqm to Royal Suite 68sqm (priced on www-site for few hundred bahts less).. Paid for original price for smaller room with one bedroom insted of two.

The other scam was a taxi to the airport. I spesifically told doormen to arrange me a meter taxi to airport, he agreed but arranged a fixed priced taxi with higher price... Again, didn't bother to drag my luggage from trunk and hail a free taxi from street.. Hotel "concierge" first tried to sell me a minivan for 1000THB to airport, which give me a smile and i headed out the door...

Just totally unnecessary scamming and hoaxing, the hotel itself is very clean, good located and should be able to compete with fare rules without trying to pump up the visiting customer empty every single time.

Will visit BKK again in a week and guess what, not to this hotel, there is a plenty to select from, don't spend my time nor money into this any more. Too bad, at booking time I was glad to find this but haven't really been disappointed this much for a long time. As Thailand it is, I don't mind when ordering chicken green curry and receiving pizza but this was just ridiculous.

Cheers!