“Villa Cha Cha”

Ranked #365 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Calgary, Canada
“Villa Cha Cha”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Villa Cha Cha is located very close (2 minuted walk) to the Khoa San road but still somewhat far enough such that it is quite. It is about 45 minutes away from the airport. The location is strongest point of the hotel, beyond this the place is very average.

The room was of adequate size and utilitarian design, the bathroom was of adequate size. The walls were plain and our room had no windows to the outside and as such was always dark!!! At one point my wife dumped juice down a drain and we left, when we came back there were ants crawling all over the sink!!!! We asked to be moved to another room which was done promptly.

The staff were polite enough but were not that helpful at all.

The main floor of the hotel has a unique design but seemed relatively empty, we had booked this place not so much for the rooms but for the fact that it seemed it was a good place to socialize. I could see this being true but it was empty when we were there and this was likely partially due to the Bangkok protests. The hotel connects to a restaurant that provided a solid American breakfast for $3 CAD and at night turned into a decent bar. We paid bout $60 CAD a night

Overall I am indifferent to this place and would recommend it only for it location. If you are looking for something more then 3 star I would not recommend but if you are looking for some place to simply sleep and then explore the city then it will suffice.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bsshoker s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were at Villa ChaCha at the end of our 1 month trip (January 2014). After searching for a cheap place in the area we decided to pay a little more for a good night sleep. We were not disappointed! Our room was big, the bed was great and we were not bothered by any noise at all! Okay it´s a little more expensive and the staff isn´t very friendly. But it´s well worth it and the area is great. (thanon Rambuttri, Khaosan road)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed for one night in January 2014.
It is ok, although most likely I will choose another place next time I visit Bangkok.
The pros: The place is well situated to take part of the fun at Khao San road, while being tucked away between the buildings to guarantee nice and quiet for the times you want it. The rooms are beautifully decorated, spacious and clean.
The cons: It is not so cheap compared to neighboring hotels, the extra you pay for the pool is wasted as the pool is right in the middle of the restaurant and all day hidden from the sun. The staff/receptionist is very rude and unpleasant to deal with (when it comes to check-in or getting a valid card for wifi). The breakfast is not included which is not reasonable for the price you pay for night. Also they request a 2000 THB!!! guarantee for the key card - this or they want your passport to hold - both ways an unreasonable request.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013

While every visit to Bangkok should involve the Khaosan Road, you don't want to be staying on it. The noise alone would have you running back to the islands. BUT, if you want to be in the thick of it and staying somewhere nice then Villa Cha-Cha could be the answer.

Situated in the road parallel to Khaosan this is a little less frenetic and a lot less noisy. The hotel itself is behind one of the street restaurants but once you enter the lobby it is really quite secluded from the madness. The price is reasonable and the rooms are pretty large for something so central.

Only downside is that the showers never seem to creep above tepid at best. When I come back to Bangkok I will stay here again rather than risk getting something less good than this.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamburg
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We come here every time we visit Bangkok.

The place is not cheap and the rooms are mostly not the best you can get for the money, but it is a quiet oasis next to the loud and hectic Khaosan area.

You can reserve the rooms over the website from the hotel. That makes it more easy if you come late at night and do not want to run around with your backpack after arrival

We like to stay here and we'll come back again

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank c0y
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Massively enjoyed the stay here for 2 nights, it was recommended by a good friend and I was not dissopionted.
The front of the hotel doesn't look very inviting on arrival but once you step off of the street its a lot of fun with the pool to the left and the reception on the far right.
The room had everything I needed and the bed was very comfortable the only down side was the water in the shower not heating up.
once you get down to the ground and head out the back you are in a big restaurant with a huge menu of thai and western food at very nice price, it is on the end of one of two very popular backpacker's streets and the buzz is electric, the restaurant/bar claims to never close I was there eating thai food at 4am so I feel like that might be true!
WARNING - if you are a 5* person this is not the place for you, its basic and music runs on late into the night, I loved the place though.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Millzy85
New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have to say that I was a bit nervous of staying here after reading the reviews especially the one regarding the passport and the stained sheet story. Check in was flawless, the room lovely and then I saw the damage sign, The cost of damaging any of the facilities or furniture in the room was lovingly detailed. I thought of the room deposit (2000 Thai Bhat or the passport), I put a towell on the pillows and worried that I might dribble during the night and thus stain the pillow slip. But mostly I managed to relax and enjoy lots of lovely pillows, great AC and reliable WiFi and thanked the Buddha that even though the hotel is in the KhoaSarn road area, the hotel was very quiet.
I think that the idea of charging a room deposit only tells a sad story about previous guests and that its possibly a trend learned by bitter experience by hotels in the area as I have never been charged such a high deposit if any at all in other areas of the city.
Anyway I like it, service was friendly and professional and no problems at check out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo