“Great location with above average rooms”
Review of Villa Cha-Cha

Villa Cha-Cha
Ranked #351 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Located right in the center of where the action is, Villa Cha Cha is a good place to stay. We payed 2100 baht for the superior kingsize room which has a good bed and a little sitting area. The room is quite spacious and reasonably clean. We saw no left overs from the previous guests. The pool is nice but we didnt use it. The restaurant attached to it is great and spacious, love the koi fish pond! The staff was not unfriendly but I guess with so many people coming and going you cannot expect to be treated like royalty. The wifi internet was fast and free. One coupon for one device. The charge an extra three percent if you pay with credit card, so we decided to pay in cash. The guests are a mix of families and couples. Didnt see a whole lot of 'drunken youth' so that is a plus for a good night sleep. Unfortunately you can hear the street music usually until about 4am. We had a poolside room which supposed to be more quiet. Fortunately I was tired enough to sleep. I would probably come again because the location is so good. If you are looking for a cheaper hotel, there are lots of other places find.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xglenx31

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I'm quite frequently in Bangkok and as I really like the atmosphere with the pond in the restaurants backyard there, I was a fairly regular visitor in this restaurant. Food is excellent there, service not the most attentive one, but so far I also had no reason to complain about.

Nevertheless, today I had the most awkward service experience I had in 15 years of travelling. I just took my seat and wanted to order some coffee and a fruit shake, but the waitress, already standing at the table, refused to serve anything and just ran away, leaving me quite baffled and confused, not trusting my ears, what I just heared. A while later, she comes back and insists, that I also have to order food, before she plans to serve me any drinks. Seriously, WTF?

Even though the food is good there, if I'm not hungry I'm not hungry, and no stuipd waitress has to tell me, when to get food and when not. It's just totally not her business. I don't know what went into her, just a bad day, menstruation problems, whatever, but this is something that I'd definitely make sure to never happen again, if I'd run this business. Just for clarification, it's totally normal to get only some drinks here, no special dining-only atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

It is true, villa cha cha on hip soi rambuttri was the essence of value and location combined. Three visits now. The first sensational. The second showed wear. And this year it shows wear and neglect while other new places open to fill the void.

Quickly, room was not clean. The bathroom still had the last visitors shaver and garbage in the bathroom. There is a lot of room sharing. We had a noisy room of four on one side of our " suite" for 2100 baht and another 4am group on the other. I agree with the other reviewers that the bedding is good quality - but we were here for two days. They didn't clean the room at all, we had to go downstairs to get fresh towels and we had no toilet paper.

What will resonate the most I think is if you see my picture of the air conditioning filter. The AC did not work. And the room was smelly with neglect. The filter had likely not been cleaned perhaps ever. I pulled the filters out to run the AC but it was suffering from years of no maintenance.

In short, I used to love the place and many of the reviews capture what Villa Cha Cha once was. But if you read carefully you will see that many are referring to the great location and Koah Sarn Road rather than Villa Cha Cha as a hotel. But now it is about the money but no care, no actual hospitality expertise. The good news is that there are an places along soi rambuttri to take over.

I won't stay gain.... Not with so any excellent choices at the same or lower price, some even run by the same management group. This hotel has just had its day.

Room Tip: The key is to have a room with only one bed on either side of your room - otherwise you may find thr...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gareth S
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was our fourth stay at this hotel this year. We booked a junior king this time. As usual the room was quiet, clean with lovely bedding. It is in a quieter street near the Khao San Rd. it is close to the river and within walking distance of the Royal Palace, temples and museums. We have always found the staff at this hotel to be very helpful and friendly and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Opt for a room at the back away from the road. Go for a junior king or queen as they have huge beds...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great location, right on the Khao San road.

I booked a queen room.

Rooms are spacious, and clean. Bed is a little bit too firm for my liking but this is generally what most hotels are like in Thailand. Bed is however huge! The rooms are cleaned daily, there is a TV in each room which is a nice touch when you want a quiet night in away from the hustle and bustle.

The restaurant serves lovely thai food at quite reasonbke prices, although being so close to the Khao san road you will probably find cheaper places out there,

All in all an enjoyable stay, will recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank sam_keels
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We found Villa Cha-Cha at 5am after having spent a pat of the night in a bus from the South. It was our last night in Bangkok and we wanted to stay in a good guesthouse. We arrived at Villa Cha Cha after having seen a series of lower quality guesthouses. We opted for a Junior Suite at the back of the hotel (quieter than the rooms at the front. We were able to check-in at 5am without paying anything for that night which was great and avoided us to wait for the usual check-in time. The room was modern and nicely decorated. The bed was good. The bathroom was nice too. It was worth the 1,800 baths we paid. The hotel also has a pleasant restaurant. The hotel is run very professionally. They had a secured locker room to keep travellers' bags. Villa Cha-Cha is probably one of the only good quality places in the area: we were able to stay in a quality place when still enjoying the craziness of Khaosan Road. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crumpet2009
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were looking for a hotel from a walking distance from Khaosan Road and this was it.. we had read critical reviews on the staff and we weren't expecting a great service but we were pleasantly surprised and I would INSIST on the fact that the staff WAS IN FACT LOVELY and very helpful. The hotel is as the pictures show, no bad surprises.. it is a great value for price and will definitely stay there in future when I come back..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends