Open today: 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM

More Info
from $30.75
More Info
4,550 results
All reviews hour tour great tour bicycle tour narrow streets nice trip a lot of fun flower market chinatown boat bikes superman parts pam pim leader route plantation
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2015

This was not my first time in Bangkok and I wanted to do something a bit different. The tour was near to my hotel (Holiday Inn Silom) - about a 30 minute walk. I did the 5 hour morning tour (cooler) which included at least 1.5 hours on boats.
I used to bicycle a lot - around 20 years ago - and they say you never forget how to ride a bike. Well, yes and no. I could balance, but I found it quite tricky to bike thru the tiny alleys and markets and over speed bumps (to keep the motor bikes from going too fast. I spent a lot of time with both myself and the locals in peril. I stayed at the back of the group and the tail end staff member looked after me very well - we did not always ride with the rest of the group. And also, because of this, I missed much of the commentary.
All that said, I am really glad I did it. I saw bits of the city I would never have seen otherwise, particularly the bits further out, the areas with fields which were a lot closer to the city than I would have thought. I enjoyed the meal which we had at the end as I did the morning tour. There is a bit of bicycling after the meal to get from the boat landing back to the office - around 10-15 minutes.
This would be a great tour if you were a competent cyclist, and is still a good tour if you are not.

Reviewed October 10, 2015

Ok a 6am start across the city was not a great way to begin a Sunday morning but once we arrived at the offices to be met by Meen & Ginny who were our guides for the 5 hour cycle & long boat trip , it was like we had been invited into Bangkoks biggest secret ! At times we couldn't believe it was possible to take a bike around a fish market in Chinatown or be allowed so close to the locals homes and always with a smile . A not to be missed tour and thank again to our two guides nothing was too much trouble for them ...

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank teammorriss2015
Reviewed October 2, 2015

We saw some of the reviews on TripAdvisor about this cycling tour and decided to give it a try. We had a fantastic time. We booked the five hour (3 hours of cycling and two hours on a boat) and had a great time. Our guides Top and Earn were wonderful. This tour takes you through some very narrow lanes and streets stopping occasionally to view temples and markets. We were able to try some of the local produce including the pink duck eggs (black inside) which was interesting. After a boat trip we were out in the countryside riding on very narrow paths with drops on each side (tip of the day - don't try to take selfies while riding here). We had a wonderful meal at a local restaurant along the way before getting back on the bikes and then back on a boat again. If your not an experienced cyclist it's not a problem because it's not a fast pace and every level is catered for. Great way to see the local side of the city.

1  Thank GeoffandLea
Reviewed October 1, 2015

nice cycling trip. good to actually cycle, most cycling trip takes forever with not a lot of cycling.. worth doing for the price. good guide also. would recommend if you are a confortable on a bike.

Reviewed October 1, 2015

I went on the 5 hour bike & boat tour, on the first day of my visit.
What a great way to get a view of the city, and see how the average Thai lives!
Enjoyed every minute of it, including the brunch. The cyclng was nog too hevay, especially for a Dutchmen like myself.