Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Good gym but can be improved further

Went there to train for the drop in class. They have a really strong and experience team of... read more

Reviewed February 22, 2019
RMZK11
Seria, Brunei Darussalam
via mobile
Fantastic training facility with amazing coaches.

I booked a week in December to train at Yokkao. Twice a day (sometimes three with the private... read more

Reviewed January 17, 2019
MrKTang

Recommended experiences in and around Bangkok
from $44.97
More Info
from $13.17
More Info
All reviews muay thai skill level amazing experience great workout thai legend great training trainers gyms kru boxing session beginners purring fighter classes techniques equipment
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

To be totally honest I went there because of Senchai of course! I wanted to see and train with The Legend. And it was amazing. Senchai is an amazing guy. He makes this gym special. I mean all of Thais are smiling but he is like super funny and very kind person. In some of the gyms it looks like concentration camps. Coaches are rude and only want to make you exhausted as fast as possible so you can go home after 30mins of training. I had one of the best pads there with one of the Kru, he was great as well. The only think is that it’s super commercial place. A lot of tourists make this gym a bit crowded so it’s the best place for trying Muay Thai in Thailand as it’s just in the city center( 10mins way from Asoke BTS) but you can find better gyms to train as a competitor. Still highly recommend!!!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

First of all I would like to say the classes I attended or attempted due to not being used to the heat and not
being in the best of shape were excellent. Got plenty of rounds of pads, bags and even some sparring when I was near enough dead from the heat. All the trainers I worked with especially Jacky focused on correcting technique and teaching new tips and tricks to those in attendance and tailored the class to fit everyone's needs but definitely a place you get more out of the more you put in which is how it should be.
My only recommendation is if you want a PT email in advance before or after booking to make sure they got it as I ended up just doing the classes and getting refunded for mine but it is kind of my own fault for just booking it and not double checking. Although that's not put me off and I hope to train here again soon.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

This place is unreal! Spent two weeks doing group and private training with Kru Sak(excellent trainer). Great people, world class training and some of the coolest gear around. Would highly recommend if you have some time to kill in Bangkok or if you are planning a training trip etc. I know I’ll be back. Thanks Yakkao!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

it's our first time visiting yokkao for MuayThai training! thank you all trainer for making the class interesting and fun… we really enjoyed ourselves… we will definitely be back to training for our next visit to bangkok!

Date of experience: November 2018
YOKKAO, Public Relations Manager at YOKKAO Training Center Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Hi Amelia,

Sounds like you definitely had a great time! Thank you for sharing your experience at the gym and we look forward to having you back at the gym on your next trip to Bangkok.

Best regards,
YOKKAO Team

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

The gym has top level fighters/ trainers but as a paying customer I wasn’t impressed by the training/ customer service at all! Not very friendly to start off either I can understand it’s there gym and all that ego stuff when your going there to spar or something but when your paying them good money and your a customer you should feel very comfortable and feel welcome as soon as you enter.. didn’t feel like this at all seems all they care about is insta famous celebs not people who genuinely want to learn something. On to the session you only get 3 rounds on the pads.. I think 5 rounds is more fair! Also no sparring, no clinching at all! Just seems if your not a top level fighter there or a celeb your just a tourist/holiday maker to them and they couldn’t care less about you apart from taking your money.. not going to lie I didn’t want to write this review as there’s Muay Thai legend here but in the end I only thought it was right to say what I really thought!

Date of experience: September 2018
7  Thank branbox1

Hi branbox1,

Thank you for taking time to leave a feedback about your recent experience at the gym. We regret that we did not live up to your expectations but do allow us to address some of the points you have made:

1) Every visitor is important to us. As we receive an increasing number of visitors, we have expanded our frontline team who have been briefed at length on maintaining the standards of the gym.

2) Many of our visitors get to clinch and spar at the gym by taking the initiative to ask our training staff. As we cater to different levels of visitors, sparring and clinching with our fighters or trainers are usually done upon requests. The fighters are often welcoming to requests for sparring and clinching except during periods when they are preparing for upcoming fights.

3) It takes time to assess the level of our visitors but anyone who is preparing for upcoming fights or hoping to experience the complete fighter experience can do so by informing our staff. We try our best to accommodate all requests from our visitors whether you are a professional fighter or complete beginner.

We hope that this helps to clear things up. We appreciate your time in sharing your feedback and hopefully you will consider our gym again in the future.