“Brief and nice, skip the food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Bangkok

Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
San Francisco, California
“Brief and nice, skip the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Had a layover in BKK before heading to other cities in Thailand. Stayed here one night. Personally not a fan of the neighborhood. Hotel is decent, quiet in the midst of a hectic community.

PROS:
1. Room was nice, good decor and lighting
2. Everything seemed modern

CONS:
1. Breakfast was brutal - had high expectations, but failed miserably

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank James L
Renee_Benedetti, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear James L,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us. We are pleased to know that our unique design and ambiance impressed you.

However, I am concerned to learn that the breakfast experience did not meet your high expectation. I would be grateful if you could provide me with further specifics of your breakfast experience, so that we can review and improve upon. I can be reached at renee.benedetti@lemeridien.com

We appreciate your valuable and constructive feedback and hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Bangkok.

With kind regards,
Renee Benedetti
Director – Sales + Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel was awesome! I truly enjoyed my stay here. The service was top notch and the room was very clean. The staff was very helpful with directions and anything we needed. They always greeted us and were very polite. Our room setup was basic, but very nice. I loved the bathroom setup and the sliding door for the toilet and shower. There was a small rip in our sheets, so the hotel should keep an eye out to get rid of those sheets, but it was nothing major at all. Due to our short stay we did not eat here so I can’t comment on the food. But the hotel was very nice and I truly enjoyed my stay here. The hotel is very close to the skytrain (2 blocks) and also to the Patpong red light district (1 block). I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank a300zx4pak
Dear a300zx4pak,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent visit to Bangkok.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed our room set up and that our service team was able to assist you in a helpful way.

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the rip in your linen. We have already shared your comment with our housekeeping department and rest assured, your concerns will be addressed.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Bangkok on your next journey.

With kind regards,
Renee Benedetti
Director – Sales + Marketing
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

It's my 3rd or 4th time to be here. The hotel is great for vacation travelers. It's in the silom area where you can find almost anything you need (food, massage) even in the middle of the mid-night. It takes 10 minutes walk to BTS Sala Daeng station. But if you want to go to Central World or Paragon, just take a cab which is convenient and shorter time.

The breakfast is awesome. Variety of food choice, especially the fruit selection is great. The front desk and concierge are super nice and helpful.

As a SPG Platinum member I normally get what I expect. The room is spacious, although in dark color. I will certainly stay here again for my next trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liu T
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

My favorite hotel in Bangkok with nice breakfast and a good location.
飯店的位置很好,如果你活動的區域就在這個區域,這應該是第一選擇。
(While compared with W and Sofitel ,this hotel is better. )

早餐非常的豐盛,幾乎快接近午餐的水準。

房間內也很大間,住起來相當舒適。

服務人員的態度也都很親切。

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ROGER817
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The staff always friendly, polite and professional, the staff at the door, front desk, concierge and lobby made my stay really welcome.

My breakfast was world class. They had more fruits than the local supermarket. They had daily young coconuts to drink. They had top notch western, Thai and japanese fare. The salads at breakfast were better than some dinner buffets. The breads were tasty.. The breakfast selections also changed daily including different curries, noodles, breakfast potatoes. The staff are friendly and EXTREMLY attentive.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I would like to say that I love the hotel ... Great people, really nice, amazing lobby, beautiful room, very modern and spacious. Loved the bar, I had great Martinis and the barmaids were very nice and professional. Very refreshing. Only issue is the hotel proximity to Patpong (one of Bangkok's infamous red light districts), but it is my opinion only, and I am sure many will disagree with me ;)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Robert C
Man, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Rooms are very clean, luxurious and comfy, fantastic breakfast too. Close to all sorts of shopping and entertainment. You could do worse but it would be difficult and a lot more expensive to do better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business