“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Bangkok

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Being a Starwood loyalist, it was either this or The Westin, and Le Meridien won due to the proximity to Silom. The Patpong area was a bit of a concern, but I'm glad I did come here. For ~ SGD 160, the hotel had one of the best rooms I've stayed in Asia. It's probably because the property is new, but nevertheless, the rooms were very spacious, well laid out, good furnishings and most small details were paid due attention. Very clean and well maintained with good quality bed linen, just what the doctor ordered after a day full of meetings. The staff is very friendly and eager to help out. The breakfast spread was excellent and so was the dinner and room service. The front office manager, Khun Krongkarn, even remembered our compliment to the staff on check-out and followed up with a gracious thank you mail the very next day. Overall, a very nice stay, and is definitely recommended if you are in Bangkok. Suffices to say that you can never really go wrong with SPG.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chistian_Humbert, General Manager at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

As our valued guest and SPG member, we appreciate your feedback and are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Le Méridien Bangkok has indeed a unique design and ambiance. We are very proud to hear that you liked these elements that contribute to our identity. We highly appreciate your compliments and it is also great to hear you were impressed with your culinary moments as well as our service culture.

It will be our pleasure to share your kind feedback with our service team, and we are grateful of your praises. We hope to see again soon.

With Best Regards,

Christian Humbert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Its in a great area with a busy and bubbly night life, the staff are very friendly. Adrien was so helpfull and nice with us, the food was great all round perfect....gym spa pool .if you want to visit floating market just see with reception . Just one advice for taxi in Bangkok always ask for meter it will cost you cheaper.

• Stayed March 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I booked the Vista Executive room which included happy hour drinks and canapes from 5.30 - 7.30 as well as breakfast.

Overall, I was very impressed. The staff, from check in, to room service, to restaurant staff to doormen were really friendly and helpful. All the staff I met spoke good English so no communication difficulties at all.

The room was really nice - everything you could want and the bathroom was lovely. Only small complaint:the bed cover had a couple of holes in it.

There was a very big choice for breakfast both Western and Asian.

I'd recommend this place and would probably stay here again next time I was in Bangkok. I paid approx 100 GBP per night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I am a big Starwood fan and my loyalty to Starwood has had me try all the Starwood hotels in Bangkok. In my opinion the Le Meridien Bangkok offers the best combination of Form and function as well as location of any of the other hotels.

The Hotel remembers past guests and welcomed me back with a cool drink upon check in. My room was lovely with a most comfortable bed. The sheets were cool, clean and ironed and the bed had no lumps or dips....which is sometimes problematic in Asia. The design of the room is clean modern and was spacious enough for three people if need be. Maid service left my room spotless everyday replacing soaps and towels as needed. Turndown at night was also a nice touch....and very spoiling. Staff at the Bamboo bar were excellent remembering my drink choices each evening and chatting me up, very friendly staff.

By my second day people were referring to me by name and everyone was smiling. This hotel does not have the scared employees of poor management but friendly helpful employees who genuinely seem to enjoy their jobs. In speaking with them, this appeared to be the case and I like places with a "good feeling" and Le Meridien definitely has this.

The Gym and Spa are modern and new and the pool is small but more than adequate for a city hotel. Breakfast in the morning had EVERYTHING.....even a yogurt bar with both frozen and fresh types with various fruits etc. If I have one complaint, it would be that their melons were bland and flavourless, but perhaps it was not melon season? My eggs were cooked perfectly and my special requests for a fresh coconut every morning were met, no problem. Coffee and tea were made individually and not from one big pot.....which is important as it was always fresh.

This hotel is a 5 minute walk from the BTS skytrain. There are 5 foot massage places within two blocks....$10 one hour!!!! It has hundreds of restaurants in close proximity. It has the crazy patpong night bazaar close by as well as being a 5 minute taxi ride from the river. Our taxi to the Royal palace took 15 minutes. Keep in mind that Traffic in Bangkok is quite bad....so the ability to step right out the door and be in the center of things makes this hotel great. Coupled with Service and value as well as kind staff, this is my choice for Bangkok hotels. You cannot go wrong here! I will return again and again.

Safe travels to all! NYC

Room Tip: some rooms look out over Hualonpong temple and it is beautiful to wake up to.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
SLC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We just spent 3 nights a Le Meridien in Bangkok and totally enjoyed our stay. We upgraded our stay to the Starwood Perferred Guest which gave us a bigger room, two hours of unlimited drinks from 5:30 to 7:30 with appetizers included, and a fantastic breakfast. We were back in Bangkok after 20 years and the concierge service was great. The hotel is right near the sky train and subway; both are air conditioned. Bangkok was 97 degrees but felt like 107 so we only toured about 4-5 hours each day. It was so nice to return to the hotel in time for the happy hour and chat with other guests. The bell hop was great in getting us a taxi service that went on the meter and when we suggested that we take a taxi that was off meter he advised against it. Great service, well located, great amenities.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HelenSue
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

The hotel is located in Surawong Road in Bangkok. On the street you'll find lots of nice small restaurants and supermarkets. There also is a small night market right across the street.

The hotel staff was friendly and the service was good. If you want get around the city there was always a taxi available immediately. Also, the Skytrain is a very convenient way of driving around the city. The next Skytrain station (Sala Daeng) is only a 5 - 10 minute walk away.

The rooms were modern and clean. The only downside was that our air conditioning seemed to be defect, as no matter which temperature you tried to put in, it always blew on full throttle.

A highlight was the great breakfast buffet with a huge variety of good food and fresh juices.

When traveling to Bangkok I definitely recommend visiting the famous Weekend Market and doing a river boat tour to the Wat Pho and Wat Arun temples. All of these destinations can be reached via Skytrain or taxi from the hotel in about 30 minutes.

All in all the Le Meridien is a good city hotel. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Florence
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I am a long tenured business traveler and Starwood Preferred Guest member. W Hotels and Le Meridien are always my first choice, I like their trendy style and the slick hotel room design. I had chance to stay both at W Hotel and Le Meridien hotels in Bangkok and found the latter much better. The position of Le Meridien is extraordinary, as you are close to Patpong night market and in the center of the night and day action in Silom. But what stands out with this hotel are the exquisite courtesy of the personnel and the AMAZING food served. I have never seen a breakfast like the one which was served in this hotel, and as many and much careful people as those working here. Everyone from the concierge, to the front desk, the porter or the room maid made me feel welcomed and pampered during the entire stay. The sense of hospitality here is at the top level and the experience starts from the check-in, where I got served a lemon sorbet upon arrival, to the check out where I was greeted by the entire front desk and accompanied to the taxi. When going again to Bangkok, I will certainly stay again in this hotel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chistian_Humbert, General Manager at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

As our valued guest and SPG member, we appreciate your feedback and are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It’s wonderful to know you enjoyed your visit with us and treated your taste buds by joining our Le Méridien Signature Breakfast. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our culinary moments, service culture and the hotels location.

When you do decide to return to Le Méridien Bangkok please let us know, as we will be very happy to oversee a reservation for you.

With Best Regards,