Le Meridien Bangkok
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
$317
$249
3,863 results
All reviewslatest recipepatpong night marketround bedchic barcircular bedsurawong roadspg platinumthe red light districtbamboo barcorner roompat pongbreakfast buffetsliding doorsilom areasala daengmodern hotelrain shower
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I know that the hotel business in Bangkok also suffers from the crisis. All try to cut the costs and during my last stay this was suddenly very visible. The towels in the public areas were replaced by piles of cheap paper towels. The quality of the breakfast is still ok but the items which made it special all disappeared. What happened to the almond croissants for example? The rooms are now bookable including both breakfast and dinner buffet but the quality of the dinner buffet is less than it used to be.

Nevertheless I also have some complaints. As a smoker I used to book a smoking room. Unfortunately the smell on the smoking floors is even for a smoker unbearable. Lack of cleaning or lack of ventilation? I think both. The rooms are completely covered by a thick layer of nicotine.

During my last stay I also noticed a lot of finger prints on the toilet door. Knowing that toilet doors are the most dirty objects in a hotel room and a serious danger for health, I decided to clean the door myself with a small towel. I found out that they NEVER clean these doors! The door was completely yellow. See attached picture of a towel after wiping this door.

Dear management, serious cleaning issues I would say! Small things but all together a reason to think twice before I will book my next stay.

Room Tip: avoid smoking floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

May we thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we were pleased to read that our hotel is your favorite place on your journeys to Bangkok.

However, we were concerned to learn that you were not satisfied with our provided service. Certainly, this is not acceptable and for us to correct, it would be most helpful if you could share your name or, if not, the number of the room you occupied.

Regarding to your appreciated comment on your loved almond croissants, it is great to hear that our rotating breakfast dish selection meet your taste. We are sorry that you were not able to enjoy it during your recent visit and please feel welcome to inform our culinary service team on your next visit so that we can serve your preferences on stage.

Moreover, we would be very happy to communicate further with you, should you wish to provide us with more specifics of your disappointments and we can be reached at nick.zilinski@lemeridien.com . Rest assured your review have been shared with all concerned departments and we are thankful on your notes as it help to improve our services where needed.

We do hope that after this explanation, you will consider to return to us and please contact my office directly as we will be happy to oversee an enhanced journey with us.

Yours sincerely,

Nick Zilinski
Director – Sales + Marketing

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The rooms may look a bit outdated, and it all feels a bit corporate. Not really my taste of reception, although the lobby is impressive.

My suite was very nicely appointed with a good desk and a great sofa with table in front of a large TV. I was there for meetings, and did some online, so it was great to have good internet, although it would have been better not to pay for it. Why still charging fees? Well, at least this was the case in October 2013.

Very good shower (a bit dark), and mainly the quality and comfort you would expect from a property of this level.

But what surprised me the most was the quality of the room service. Not only the order was perfectly taken (which can be a problem in Asia), the food came quickly and at perfect temperature, and was just delicious. Exactly what you need.

However, I did not find the pool attractive at all. Maybe some improvements to make it nicer or look more modern would help. Also I did not have breakfast so cannot really judge, but I bet it must be as good as the room service.

Location is what it is, you have to like it. For those willing to explore Patpong, it is just meters away. Very lively area with not so complicated access by car.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My hubby treated me to a night here on Valentines day. The service was great, the room was warm and cozy and there was a nice big tub to relax in. My condo here doesn't have a tub so that's a bonus for me. The breakfast was wonderful, the fitness center was adequate. If I wanted to be hyper critical, there are 5 star hotels with nicer pools in the city but other than that, it was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Really great hotel. Very stylish, great location and terrific service. My room was very nice. Top floor of the hotel. The bed was really great. One of the best nights sleep I had while in Thailand. Breakfast was pricey but they offer a really wide selection of food. The rooftop pool area was quite nice and relaxing. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your detailed experience during your recent visit to Thailand.

We are so pleased to hear that you had the best night sleep on our signature bed and enjoyed our pool area and the hotel’s location.

It will be our pleasure to share your kind compliments with our service team, and we are grateful of your praises. We hope to see again soon.

Meanwhile, we wish you all the best!

With Kind Regards,

Nick Zilinski
Director – Sales + Marketing

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Amazing Staff - GM Christian is welcoming, personable and mindful of details. The entire experience from the wonderful lobby and over-looking lofted restaurant to the terrace pool and spa/fitness are are kept in impeccable condition. This is a must stay and a great representation of the Starwood brand and culture.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple