“Wonderful stay in the Le Meridien Bangkok”

Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was staying for holidays for three nights in the Le Meridien in Bangkok. The service was from check in to check out perfect and the breakfast buffet was amazing. People were commenting already about the location but rest assured that you can avoid the Night Market area if you want to and it won't affect your stay.
I would highly recommend the hotels SPA. There are surely uncountable SPA's in Bangkok, but the SPA in the Le Meridien is from my point of view one of the best. The atmosphere is tranquil and relaxing, the staff is knowledgeable and will ensure that your SPA experience is memorable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

It is ‘wonderful’ to read from you and thank you for sharing your comments regarding your journey to Bangkok.

We are very pleased to hear that you have treated your taste-buds at our Signature Breakfast, created especially to inspire the morning and we will certainly pass on your kind compliments to culinary team.

Moreover, we are thankful on your recommendation to visit our Spa by Le Méridien which is located on the Lifestyle floor, level 06. You will find there also a well-sorted gym, a pool area with sun beds and our Plunge bar to relax of the buzzing city.

The entire team do hope to welcome you again during your next visit.

With Kind Regards,

Director – Sales + Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (3,662)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here on business in Oct and was pleasantly surprised. This is more than a business hotel. The rooms are large and well appointed and the bathrooms are really luxurious. Having said that, the location just near PatPong is slightly strange so I would probably hesitate to stay here except on business (it's walking distance to my Bangkok office). I had the surreal experience of dragging a suitcase through PatPong to get to office on the day I checked out probably looking like I escaped a variety show :). Not reccommended!
Having said that the hotel is lovely right from the funky dog sculpture on the outside to the lovely rooms and spa. The reception staff are extremely charming, warm, polite and hospitable as I have only experienced in Thailand. They make you feel so welcome and are also efficient!
I went to the spa for a massage and it was a great experience. Very soothing and unobtrusive.
Food was good, a nice breakfast spread with both Asian and Western choices (though some of the food seemed to be mislabelled as some dumplings I ate were stuffed with something sweet and decidely not vegetables). Room service was efficient and tasty too.
I had to print my boarding pass at the business center where for some reason the Mac PCs wouldn't open the link on Singapore Air. The staff were super attentive and helpful, they rushed around seeking a solution and eventually had the concierge print my boarding pass on their only Windows PC :).
All in all a good experience and close to a sky train station too (I forget which one unfortunately). You have easy access to the night market at PP and if you don't mind being that close to this district it's a good stay option and great value for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2013

It was always a pleasant experience with Le Méridien Bangkok. They upgraded me to a spacious elegant Avantec Suite making it comfortable everytime when I came back to this hotel. Friendly staffs, nice evening cocktails and Canapés offered in the Bamboo Chic Bar for SPG Platinum members during the stay. Well, there's a lot of choice for SPG properties around Bangkok, but I still love to stay in Le Méridien Bangkok.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stays in Bangkok.
We highly appreciate your pleasant feedback and indeed your constant ‘love’ towards our service.
It is a great motivation for our team to always strive on providing excellent experience to every guest.
We are also proud to know that you have found our culinary varieties very delicious,
which we serve in a contemporary setting of Bamboo Chic Bar, located on level 06.
The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back again.

With best regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

On prior trips to Bangkok, I had stayed at resort hotels on the river, spending hours waiting for the hotel shuttle boats to transport me across the river to the Saphan Taksin Skytrain station. This time I elected to stay in the heart of the city at le Meridien, and I am SO GLAD.

First of all, the location is simply perfect. A 5 minute walk to the Sam Yan or Silom MRT station and a 5 minute walk to the Sala Daeng Airtrain station. So you can get to anywhere in minutes. Immediately across from the Patpong Night Market. Don't underestimate how important THAT is. Every taxi and tuk-tuk driver knows how to get to Patpong. This is important because I have had many trying experiences trying to show taxi drivers where my hotels by the river are. And in spite of being right across the street from Patpong, I can't say I ever noticed any noise from inside the hotel. So you can step outside the hotel and be in the throng of activity, or you can step inside the hotel into an oasis of peace.

The room was spacious, clean, modern, with lots of power outlets. Great bed, great shower. Truly great room.

I would say the crowning glory of this hotel is its staff. The front desk staff is extremely courteous and responsive. The concierge staff is outstanding. Their recommendations for day tours (Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and Amphawa Firefly Tour by Asian J Star Travel and Tour), and their recommendation to visit Asiatique, and their recommendations for restaurants were absolutely spot on. I have high expectations and am frequently disappointed, but these experiences, all vetted by the concierges, were perfect.

I didn't visit the restaurant, but spent one late evening in the bar, which is quiet, modern, and nicely appointed.

I'm quite sure I will stay in this hotel with every subsequent visit to Bangkok.

Room Tip: Probably the higher the floor the less street noise. We didn't experience ANY street noise, but...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

We are so pleased that you have selected us for your stay during recent journey to Bangkok. It is indeed great to know that our entire service team
have impressed you through delivering perfect and memorable experiences. And you are right, that just few steps outside of the hotel our guests can
feel the energetic spirit of the Thai capital, while staying inside they are able to relax and unwind themselves from pulsating city life.
Rest assured, all your excellent comments have been shared with the team and we thank you for recognizing our intensive approach, to create inspiring stays for our customers.

We look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice! They have a wonderful buffet in the morning, and impeccable service from check in to check out! Fabulous! Also located by the night market; super property, super service! One side note, our bed had a strange stain on it, we didn't complain but it was kind of gross.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Great modern hotel. Excellent service by well trained staff; very clean; large room, excellent circular bed; all mod cons and some nice touches. Right next to the night market and lots of nightlife. Excellent views over Bangkok. Very secure

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more to upgrade
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013

There are a lot better hotels in Bangkok. But if you like to party and watch people, staying across the street from Patpong is the way to go. If your drunk, staggering and have a dozen or so friends cumming to your room, the staff won't judge you or ask you a thing. After all it's Bangkok not the Vatican. If you die from over indulgence, good for you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends