“Fantastic stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Geelong, Australia
“Fantastic stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at Le Meridien in Bangkok for 2 nights on the 11th and 12 th February ..our room was a standard room and it was fantastic the beds and pillows were superb to sleep on and the staff from the cleaner to the senior reception were fantastic...the concierge desk at this hotel is a wealth of information and reception was very helpfull,,breakfast was lovely with a huge array of choices and we could not fault the standard in the restaurant ...this is close to patpong market and a short walk from anything else you may need ...just ask the staff who arrange taxis and reccomend destinations and also give lots of advice this was our third stay in bngkok and the best yet due to the lovely hotel and its staff could not rate it high enough

Room Tip: we were on the 18th floor and had no noise or any other problems...I think that any room would be ni...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

A friend and I recently returned from our stay in Thailand. The last few nights we spent at Le Meridien and it was fabulous! The staff were very friendly and advised many places for us to visit including markets and roof top bars. (Great English which always helps) Our room had a round bed and it was like sleeping on a cloud! It exceeded our expectations and I truly believe we received great value for money. We did not want to leave and I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Miranda E
Nick_Zilinski, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for leaving an excellent review about your stay at Le Méridien Bangkok.
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed our service culture and that our team were able to make your stay an inspiring one. It will be our pleasure to share your kind compliments with our associates, and we are grateful of your praises. We look forward to welcoming you and your friend again soon.

With Kind Regards,

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Amazing hotel... design, staff and over all stay. this was the end of my 3 week honeymoon with my wife, what a perfect ending to a great trip in Thailand.
GYM was wonderful, breakfast is a must ! it is not cheap ( by Thai way of life 750 BHT ) but it is
so worth it.
Illy coffee, 5 kinds of juices, fresh fruit ( including Mangos and Coconuts ) omlet station, frech toast ..Asian cousin, 10 kinds of cheeses, 4 kinds of Yogurts, and more. if you'd rather do a la cart it is possible as well.

rooms are well designed sheets are the best I have ever felt.
even at night you can find happy friendly staff...

the only remark or comment I have is in this caliber of hotel with those prices Wi-Fi should be offered free with your stay. to log in you have to purchase a Wi-Fi package from 2 hours to 24 hours. not a big deal but when you reach paradise you expect free Wi-Fi.

Enjoy...

RA

Room Tip: Higher floor has an amazing view .... each floor has a special theam my theam every thing was round...
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your recent honeymoon trip to Bangkok and for having taken the time to write about your experience on Tripadvisor. Appreciated your comments and we are glad that you are not only satisfied with our friendly staff but also with our signature breakfast items.
On the other hand, we would like to have recommended to visit our web page ‘lemeridien.com/bangkoksurawong’ to find many offers that include internet access for your next stay.

Meanwhile, we would like to share your comments among our service team and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to Thailand.

With all our very best wishes,

washington dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

First, the staff: all of them excelled at their jobs of providing world-class service. no matter when I rang down to the desk staff, or what time I came in there was always someone on staff to greet me and answer any question I had with utter competence. The hotels location across from PatPong night market and the various silos make the property an indispensable location for every stay in Bangkok, however brief the stay. The food is a bit overpriced ($5 for a croissant) so I'd recommend diving downstairs for some thoroughly compelling (and adventurous) street food, for like 90 cents to $1.50. The room was very well apportioned, spacious with every amenity you need, including your own espresso machine with all necessary accoutrements.

Room Tip: book the Avantec Suite for epic views of the temple side of the building.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank samir b
Haarlem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed in January 2013 for the 2nd time before travelling to one of the islands. The hotel still looks great and the location is very central. The doorman is always happy to get you a taxi within seconds and makes sure the driver doesn't scam you.
The design of the rooms is modern with an Asian touch. The only thing missing in my opinion is a docking station for iPhone or iPad.
The pool although small is nice and quiet. The deck chairs are very comfortable.
The restaurant is big and you have a choice between a la carte and buffet. In all if we would visit Bangkok again we would not hesitate to stay at the Le Meridien Bangkok again.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Everything was very good.Room was decorated with flower petals on bed and bath tubs. Warm and friendly staffs all over. Loved the location and the pool. Breakfast was a delight.Lastly, the front desk person could be better if a little bit more knowledgeable. They were friendly and willing to help but unsure what they were saying sometimes

Room Tip: City view with sunrise from 20th floor was something to look forward everyday
1 Thank PassionforAsia
Nick_Zilinski, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Bangkok on your most recent visit to Bangkok. It is great to know that you enjoyed our service culture, signature breakfast and the hotel’s location. Your appreciated comment on the associate communication attitude has been discussed with our training department for a future improvement.

I would like to share your honest feedback among our service team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Bangkok very soon.

With Kind Regards,

Le Méridien Bangkok
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

An awesome, stylish hotel that has found the right balance between trendy-boutique and sleek business-traveler. Friendly welcoming service from the front porter the moment I dropped my bags at the entrance prior to check-in. Walking through the lobby is gives you a bright, airy, and spacious feeling as the ceilings are high there is great light coming in. You feel like you are entering a chic establishment. Khun Eri and the front office staff are just super friendly during the check-in process. I noticed a continuous flow of numerous guests (this period was a peak season and a popular choice among Japanese guests), yet the check-ins were being handled with seamless efficiency. I can’t say enough good things about the service level of the staff during my stay. Ralf Stresing, the General Manager, definitely has gotten things right as all the staff make you feel so at home at all the right guest touchpoints.

The room. My wife and I had a wonderful opportunity to stay in the Avantec Suite after an upgrade. Spacious and well appointed corner room on the 23rd floor. I do recommend the corner rooms (with whatever room type) on upper floors as the views of Bangkok and adjacent temple are great. Superb details throughout in the room. Dedicated coffee corner with Lavazza machine and a variety of coffee capsules. Numerous bottled water everywhere - living room, bathroom, and night stands - were a big thing for me. Modern, well-designed room with the smart use of sliding wooden doors gives sealed off privacy from living room and bedroom. We loved the bathroom. Nice touches with the cosmetics bath line and its designer storyline gives that exclusivity feel.( I noticed Le Meridien has a lot of nice storylines to many things, even the music selection being played in the hallway corridors.) Huge tub and an even larger shower room. The first time I’ve seen a shower room with generous space enough for 2 separate shower heads and 2 rainshowers. Great indeed for couples. Floor to ceiling windows offered remote powered blinds – double layered settings so you can choose a semi-transparent layer to let in some daytime light, or full block blinds if you’re like me and need pitch darkness to sleep. Super comfortable bed gives you a restful evening of deep sleep.

The food. We truly enjoyed breakfast at Latest Recipe, the hotel’s main dining restaurant. Superb selection. The hotel really uses some fresh ingredients and the food tastes fantastic. Its all about the details in this hotel and Latest Recipe is not an exception. From your choice of salted or unsalted butter (few other places I’ve seen do that) to your own Coffee Press (not a pot) of Illy coffee, mind you – I just had a great breakfast experience. Anyone staying here should not miss the Le Meridien Signature breakfast. And make sure to try the Salmon and poached egg sandwich – although it took a while to serve, it was heavenly. The executive chef, Khun Attapol, was kind enough as to bring to me to the bread corner for me to try the freshly made “green tea coconut bread” with a sugary coating. This was hands down one of the best breads I have had. Do Not Miss eating this bread during your breakfast here. I believe the lunch brunches here also have a loyal following and judging by their creative flair of dishes with top-notch tasting ingredients, I will come back for sure, even just for the dining.

I could only find a few minor negative points during my stay. This is just being nit-picky and nothing major: 1) One of the bathroom sinks did not have a functioning sink plug. Pressed the lever but it just didn’t rise so water couldn’t go down. So just had to pull it out all-togther 2) Digital temperature readout was not functioning. The incomplete digits made it a bit hard to control the room temperature. 3) Lastly, although the LCD TV screen in the living room was suitable (42’’inch by quick eyeball test), the bedroom LCD TV was too small in proportion to the large room size and viewing distance from the bed. Other than these minor quirks, a lovely and peaceful stay in the heart of Bangkok’s Patpong and Surawong bustle.

Absolutely recommended for anyone staying in the area. You can’t go wrong with this top-notch and value for money choice.

Room Tip: Try to get the corner rooms on higher floors, facing the adjacent temple. And try the great breakfas...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple