Le Meridien Bangkok
$145
$461
  • Pool
3,863 results
All reviewslatest recipepatpong night marketround bedchic barcircular bedsurawong roadspg platinumthe red light districtbamboo barcorner roompat pongbreakfast buffetsliding doorsilom areasala daengmodern hotelrain shower
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I brought my mother for a much deserved shopping trip to Bangkok and chose Le Meridien for its location and was rewarded with much more - the staff were very helpful and kind, special mention goes to the bellhop and doormen who never tired of welcoming you with a smile and volunteered their own helpful advises such as best places to shop (with their helpful markings on the tourist maps) for specific things and how much to pay for taxi to each destination. The hotel itself is a very soothing oasis from the heat and frenzy of Bangkok's city center. You really feel you're in the midst of it all and yet stepping in to the hotel you immediately appreciate its modern and sleek amenities. We especially liked the room for its posh and comfy accommodation and again kudos to the housekeeping staff who always made sure the room was always made up as if you just checked into it. Great experience overall, and will make sure to choose it again on my next trup.

Room Tip: Ask to be booked at a Starwood Preferred Guest floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Neworama
Nick_Zilinski, Director - Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for staying with Le Méridien Bangkok during your visit to Bangkok. It brings us much joy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your family and we truly appreciate your compliments. We are also glad to hear that our bell associates, concierge and front desk associates have offered you a high level of services. Creating our guests stay more pleasurable by assisting them in any queries and giving advice is one of our team’s top priorities.

Thank you again for your kind feedback. We will definitely share your comments with the rest of the team.

We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Bangkok.

With all our very best wishes,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Thumbs up...Hats off to this hotel manager. Clearly he chose the best staff and or trains wonderfully. Here is what you will see...Doors open for you, you are greeted with a smile by EVERY staff member you see anywhere on property, property is immaculate. rooms are updated and very "W" style cool, as is Lobby and bar and art work all around including a lobby library.

Its a Im Home feeling.. and a Happy to be home at a very reasonable price.

grab it..

Room Tip: front facing...but all good.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

On behalf of the entire team at Le Méridien Bangkok, we thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay; services, room and our arrival artwork. The contemporary design and settings have all been carefully studied to offer a new perspective and to inspire our guests during their stay. To hear that you enjoyed these elements brings us a great pride.

It will be our pleasure to share your kind compliments with our service team, and we are grateful of your praises. We hope to see again soon.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel was a wonderful respite from the frenetic streets of Bangkok. You feel calm descend over you as soon as you walk through the door.
The reception staff are very welcoming and helpful. I encountered a small problem with my room - as soon as I walked into it, it was obvious the previous occupant had ignored the fact it was a designated non-smoking room. When I complained to reception staff they couldn't have handled it better - an apology and an immediate transfer to a new room with their assistance followed up with an inquiry about whether the new room was to my satisfaction. Problems happen from time to time, but for me it is all about how staff deal with them that matter.
The rooms are well designed and comfortable. I especially liked the design of the bathrooms - the shower is separate from the bath and you can pull back the wall opening the bath out to the bedroom (could lie in the bath and watch the tv if that was your desire). It made everything feel spacious.
One night I ate dinner in their buffet restaurant. I normally hate buffets but this one has raised my expectations. There were different sections covering different types of cuisine and different courses and although it was a buffet the food tasted as if it had been very freshly prepared. In addition there were a number of food stations where chefs would cook certain dishes to order for you. Breakfast was equally impressive - especially the fresh coconut water.
My first impression of the pool was that the whole area was on the small side however I was always able to find a sun lounger and appreciated the option of matresses in the shade.
The gym had everything I needed - cardio machines, free weights, mats, swiss balls, etc as well as resistance machines for those that want them.
I had a treatment in the spa and was impressed both by the facility (spacious and luxurious) and by the masseuse (eager to ensure the level of pressure was to my liking).

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have a good view over one of the nearby temples
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Reviewer,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your detailed experience during your recent visit to Bangkok. It is great to hear that your stay was wonderful which you enjoyed our services by our front desk associates, room facilities, gym, massage and most importantly our all-day dining venue, Latest Recipe. We understand that there was a challenge in regards to your room assignment, however we are glad to hear that you were satisfied when we re-assigned your new room attentively and with timely manner. Thank you once again for your appreciated feedback. Many details and thoughts have gone in to increase the experience of our guest stays.

We will definitely share your kind compliments with our service team. Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit soon.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Something that stood out for me when I entered into the Steve McQueen mural entrance of the Le Meridien Bangkok; was that it was a larger hotel that managed to pull off a boutique hotel feel within a fairly large space. Everything about my stay at this property was a five star and above experience. The check-in was quick and painless, everyone greeted me with a smile and a very eager can-do attitude. My room had an entire glass wall, which allowed for a breathtaking vista of Bangkok. The bed was large and comfy, bathroom came with all the expected amenities and more, and there was plenty of space to store my clothes and luggage. There is also a lovely swimming pool where you can take a dip to freshen up and do a bit of sun-bathing. The breakfast was also very good, it included a large variety of dishes to choose from, both for the western and eastern palate. I have travelled around Asia quite a bit for work and pleasure and have stayed at many five star properties, but something stood out about this particular Le Meridien property in Bangkok. It is a property where service, comfort, and tasteful aesthetic all blend seamlessly together to make a true gem of a hotel. This hotel is a must-try in BKK. And it will be my hotel of choice when my partner and I go back to Bangkok this month.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Nick_Zilinski, Director - Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Reviwer,

Thank you for compliments which comparing our hotel as the ‘Gem of a hotel in Bangkok’. Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to share your experiences on your recent journey. Le Méridien Bangkok has indeed an unique design and ambiance. We are very proud to learn that you
have liked these elements especially the Arrival Artwork at the hotel’s entrance that contribute to our identity. It is also lovely to learn that you have enjoyed our service attitude, the signature breakfast and our facilities.

We will pass your compliments to our service team and we are grateful of your praises. We look forward to welcoming you and your partner again soon!

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was blown away by how great this hotel was. I stayed here after spending five days at the Peninsula Bangkok, perhaps one of the best hotels in the world; I was expecting a let down, but it did not happen.

Located very centrally next to the notorious Patpong, Le Meridien is a beautifully designed modern hotel. The rooms are generously sized and beautifully designed, both functionally and aesthetically. But what blew me away was the service. Staffed by a group of young very capable english speakers, the service was extraordinary. The concierge steered me to a great restaurant (Ruen Urai at the Rose Hotel: Highly recommended!), around the corner and I had one of the best meals of my trip (two of my best meals actually, as I returned the following day). Every thing from storing luggage to help with my driver and help with translation was handled perfectly.

Bangkok is a city with a tremendous number of great hotel options at reasonable prices. If you are looking for a well designed medium sized cool-modern-hip that is centrally located, you cannot go wrong here. This was, by far, the nicest Le Meridien experience I have ever had.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank fishskis

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. At Le Méridien Bangkok, we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests personalized services and in satisfying their every need. We are pleased that you were able to have experienced this first hand. Also it is brilliant to learn you were happy with the hotel’s location, room decoration and its generously size.

We would like to share your comments among our service team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Bangkok, very soon.

With Best Regards,