“Good hotel”

Ranked #12 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good hotel”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Le Meriden is a good hotel with great service. The rooms are ok - trendy and nice. The people is service minded and very helpfull. Restaurant in second floor is also good with great service. As a business traveller I enjoy staying at this hotel because of the service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
belgium
Reviewed May 31, 2012

a very very good hotel, good location, clean and confortable and beautiful rooms, but in no way comparable with hotels like "the oriental", "the peninsula",....... however a great hotel ot stay some days

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank janleo
LeMeridienBKK, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback.

With Kind Regards,

Ireland
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I borrowed an Iphone charger from the Hotel on the first day of arrival - however on the last day, I left my Iphone ON their charger in the Hotel Room and checked out, I called the hotel back and they say NO IPHONE IS FOUND BUT only the charger is found!!!!!! Becareful and Lock all your belongings.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Oha
LeMeridienBKK, Director-Sales+Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor.

We are deeply sorry that you have experienced inconvenience during your visit to Bangkok.
After sharing your reported difficulties we undertook a detailed investigation throughout the hotel. Our evaluation across all related departments is completed and we regret that your missing belongings could not be found.

Excellent Guest Service is one of our highest priorities and therefore please contact me personally in case you would like to discuss your comments further as your comments are important to me.

With Kind Regards,

Montreal
Reviewed May 28, 2012

After staying for a month in Thailand and staying in nothing but budget hotels, my sister and I decided to splurge on our last night and we are so happy we chose Le Meridien!! From the moment we walked into the hotel, the staff was extremely helpful and assisted us in every way.

While we were waiting for our room to be ready, a member of the staff took out a map and outlined all the activities and restaurants in the neighborhood we could go to. They make sure you get taxis with meters so you don't get scammed. Also the rooms are amazing! Absolutely gorgeous bathrooms and comfortable bed. There were also many tv channels to choose from as well as movies. When my sister lost her cellphone in the taxi, they hotel staff did everything to find it, even calling the cab company as well as calling the driver to recuperate it! Any other place would have just told us to forget about it! Very nice surprise.

Also, the breakfast buffet was pricey, about 900 bahts, but it was DELICIOUS! They are known for their breakfast buffet here, and it deserves all the praise. They have absolutely everything. Definitely a MUST.

The location of the hotel was good, close to MBK shopping mall and other shopping facilities and right in the night market. Not sure how safe I would feel walking around in this area late at night, but there seems to be a lot of tourists and good restaurants around the hotel. Mango Tree was very good and short walking distance from hotel. The hotel restaurant was also very good but pricey. 7/11 across the street if you needed anything.

All in all, 5 star rating. It was a perfect way to end a perfect trip!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tanya M
LeMeridienBKK, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your detailed experience during your recent visit to Bangkok. It is wonderful to know you had taken the pleasure to enjoy the hotel facilities and our service culture. At Le Meridien Bangkok, we pride ourselves on our personalized service, and we are so glad that you were able to experience this first hand. It will be my pleasure to share your kind compliments with our service team, and we grateful of your praises.

Montreal is a long way, but should you return to Asia, we would be very pleased to welcome you to Le Méridien Bangkok again!

With all our very best wishes.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This was the 2nd stop for my husband & I on our honeymoon. We were coming from a fabulous resort from the Maldives and so expectations were higher than they normally would be.

However, I was pleasantly surprised with the ultra modern & sleek decor throughout the hotel. Because we were Starwood members, we were given a room on a very high floor (Level 22 if not mistaken, and the view at night was gorgeous). We chose a round bed room and although the room was small, we were very pleased with how comfortable the bed was. The bathroom was absolutely beautiful as well (although, yet again small) and a sliding partition was all that separated it from the bedroom. There was a spacious tub and a rainforest shower.

Location wise, we had no complaints although I had read reviews from people pointing out how close it was to Patpong Market and how one had to walk through it to get to the BTS. Most of the time, we took a taxi rather than the BTS as it was very convenient and cheap anyway.

Would definitely recommend this hotel as it is very reasonable in price for a well known 5 star name.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thehoneymooner87
Dear Reviewer,

As our valued guest and SPG member, we appreciate your feedback and are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Le Méridien Bangkok.

We highly appreciate your compliments. It is great to hear you were impressed with the arrival experience and our service culture.

We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Bangkok.

With Best Regards,

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My wife (who is also my collegue at work) and I stayed here over the weekend for our business + fun trip . Bookings were made 1 week prior from Antilogvacations.com , for their cheapest rates for Bangkok hotel and sightseeing packages.I got a good deal on it so booked it finally

The location of hotel was excellent...we were able to walk or take a short cab ride to everywhere we wanted to go. We reached there Friday morning after a somewhat not so comfortable flight courtesy British Airlines! We arrived ahead of time, some confusion in the flight timings, but the wait in the lobby was worth it, they took it on them to make us fell good with the beverages, fine lobby I must say.

The weekend started with smooth check-in, even with busy Friday. The front desk heard my story and bumped me up to SPG level on the 21st floor. I was blown by the hotel and its cleanliness. It was extremely clean, roomy and quiet on the weekend. The in-and-out for the car was fast, and the traffic was not difficult, except with the one morning with a marathon going by.

The room was beautifully designed, very comfortable, and had a beautiful view. The bed was extremely comfortable, with high thread count sheets and lots of pillows. The room was very quiet, with virtually no ambient noise from the hallway or the streets (at least, not from the 16th floor). The room temperature was easily controllable without the whine of a loud heater that you get in some hotels. There was a laptop-size safe, a flat-screen tv, and a nice sound system. We had room service breakfast, which was fantastic. The berry pancakes were great!

Lemeridien is the nicest hotel we've ever stayed in everything was brilliant. The staff from the concierge Albert and Jimmy were really friendly and helpful, the rooms were amazing and spotlessly clean.The services of Antilog were very good as well.

I will highly reccomend this hotel to all of my friends. And I will defintely stay in this hotel again on my future visits, well hope so.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ashok R
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for staying with Le Méridien Bangkok during your visit to Bangkok. It brings us much joy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly appreciate your compliments.

Many details and thoughts have gone in to increase the experience of our guest stays.

We would like to share your comments among our service team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Bangkok very soon.

With all our very best wishes,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I liked this hotel, generally convenient location. It's about a 10 minute walk to the Sala Daeng BTS skytrain, which is a bit far, and many will be drenched in sweat by the time you get there. A few minutes more walking to the MTR subway. Probably ok for most, but it's best to be really close to the Skytrain. You also have to cross a busy street, which can be dangerous. I would suggest taking your time crossing big streets in Bangkok. Being so close to the great nightlife, night markets, Patpong bars, and the many great restaurant choices nearby is great.

There is a street with many gay bars nearby, if that's your thing, looked like a lot of fun, (same side of Suriwongese, walk toward Rama 4, past Montien Hotel), called "Soi Twilight".

Also, many great other 5 star hotels nearby, all with great restaurants. THe food at Le Meridian was really excellent, especially loved the complimentary muffins upon arrival, also a great coffee frappe upon arrival.

THe room was very nicely designed, I liked the nice big sofa by the window. I would call it average size. I like when the bathroom has a movable wall to open it up to the view outside from the nice big bathtub. Very comfortable bedding. I note that I saw NO SIGNS of bedbugs. Nice bathroom fixtures, great shower too. THe t.v. is a little on the small size, i would guess about 28" size. CNN, BBC, FOx News in English, plus lots of international channels. I didn't hear any noise from the hall or adjacent rooms.

THere was wifi in the room, 475 baht charge for 24 hours, or free internet in the lobby. THere was a pool area, and 24 hour fitness center. THere are lots of convenience stores downstaris, all open 24 hours.

Service and staff was friendly everywhere. I would almost give it 5 stars, but it's 5 minutes walk further to public transportation than I would like. I doubt most people would be bothered by that. Some people consider the area "seedy" cause it's near the Patpong night market and some gogo bars there, but it's a very very safe area, there are lots and lots of people around 24 hours a day, and there are many nice quality places in the area too.

Room Tip: Views facing toward Silom are better than facing the rear.