“ok hotel”

Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The le meridien is an average hotel representing good value if you can get a very very good deal. Bangkok has many great hotels and the le meridien left me with nothing special to remember for. . The rooms are nice, but I really can not understand why we were put to an ajoining room since the hotel was more than half empty.Because of the connecting room we could not sleep. It was not the fault of the Guests in the other room, they just simply had a converstaion and a bath. but the walls are so thin that we heard everything even at 4.30 am.
When the next morning I let the reception know about the situation, all they could say was a corportate: sorry. This left me quite frustrated as I have expected better complaint handling skills from a five star hotel. This is so frustrating because otherwise the building and the rooms are very nice.
At breakfast the variety is very good, but the quality is not exceptional. All in all it is not easy to write a fair review as if we were staying in a quiet room, or the problem would have been handled differently, I would have given 4 or 5 points.

Room Tip: make sure to ask for a not connected room and you will be fine
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We only had a one night stay en route to Vietnam, if i ever come back to Bangkok i will stay here, the staff were fantastic, and we just loved the room. Great view of the city. A great modern hotel. A very good price for such a good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stay in a lot of good hotel and expect high standards - this hotel is exceptional. It is to a very good 5* standard and is modern, chic and trendy. The hotel bar is also very good. Staff are exceptional and I enjoyed every minute of my one week stay here. I would definately return.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Having endured excruciatingly hard beds in boutique hotels in the Silom area of Bangkok in the past, this time we decided to try one of the bigger hotels. And we were not disappointed - Le Meridien has it all: location, comfort, style and above all wonderful service, oh, and luxuriously soft beds.

The decor of the hotel is tasteful and the furnishings are stylish. A great feature is the pool area where the level of service is fantastic. The buffet breakfast is excellent - especially the coconut and green tea bread!

There is no reason we would not return to Le Meridien; in fact we are doing so next week and we are looking forward to it.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Stayed for two nights in January 2012. Check in was quick and efficient.

The room was beautiful with little touches that set the hotel apart. There is filter coffee to start, enough complimentary water and divine cappuccino chocolate snack.

The layout of the room is good with a small sofa to watch TV from. The bathroom is the real treasure- separate toilet, strong shower and amenities for anything you might need. Bathroom can open onto bedroom through sliding doors.

Lobby area is nice for a coffee and to watch the goings on inside.

Overall a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I had two stays at the Le Meridien firstly from 9th - 12th January and again from the 14th - 17th January. On the first visit, I stayed in room 2205 which had a very novel circular bed and on the second visit, was in room 1224, a most delightful suite complete with a black marble double shower.

I've previously stayed at the hotel several times and find the service absolutely flawless. It's very close to the Patpong markets and that was my initial reason for choosing this hotel as I love browsing around markets but have since been going to MBK, only a few stops away on the BTS.

The Sala Daeng BTS station in a brisk 10 minute walk away but it usually takes me half an hour or more as i amble through the markets on the way and dawdle to look at all the goodies!

The restaurant on the second floor has a very wide range of choices and the ambiance is so peaceful, spacious and bright.

The bed was so comfortable and soft and it seemed to me that the bed in 1224 was a lot more luxurious than the one in 2205 but that may just be my imagination?

The room tariff was 3300 Thb which I thought was very reasonable and is my choice of hotel in a city full of great hotels!

Thoroughly recommended to all travellers! The only downside I find with this hotel is they don't have a lounge where I can engage in meetings or just a break after a day's work.

Room Tip: Both the rooms 2205 and 1224 that I stayed in were good but the suite was fabulous!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stayed for one night at Le Meridien Bangkok with my boyfriend. The hotel was well located, right next to Pat Pong Market. The room had a nice bath and separate shower. The pool area was nice and there was plenty of sunbed available. Overall I would recommend this hotel, if you like to be central with a comfortable and clean room to stay in. The only downside was that you could only access the Internet in the main reception area and for such a large hotel chain I didn't find this acceptable as wifi should be available throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank N10ENE
LeMeridienBKK, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

On behalf of the entire team at Le Méridien Bangkok, we thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Many details and thoughts have gone in to increase the experience of our guest stays.
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service culture, pool area and the hotels location.
We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Bangkok.

With Kind Regards,