“good for what we needed”

Aspen Suites Sukhumvit 2 by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #259 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 11, 2013

clean and wonderful desk staff. Two free computers for internet were good. good pool for cooling off at night - not for lounging though. Breakfast appeared good - we are vegetarian though and there wasnt too too much for us. Our room was clean and big. Nothing fancy - but good.
Nice and close to bts and Sukhumvit shopping. It is one block off of Nana Centre BUT you really arent touched by the dirtiness there (Unless you want to be hahah)
Food can be expensive in this area (17 percent tax is normal) but its easy to walk everywhere you need to.

Room Tip: see if you can get upgraded - they seem to do this if rooms are free.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HM-Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Suites Sukhumvit 2 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Value guest,

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback regarding our property. It is our great pleasure to learn that you had an enjoyable stayed with us. We are delighted to see that we meet your expectations in most categories.

Once again, please accept our sincere appreciation for your observations and feedback. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of serving you again at Aspen Suites.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Well I usually stay at Soi 8 but thought to change to somewhere different. We booked Juniour Suite at Aspen and the room is great, very large 1 bedroom apartment with also separate working desk if you must to some work. fast wifi if you cannot do without the internet, 2 flat screen tvs and nice bed and nice bathroom with shower over bath.

It is located a 5-10 minute walk up Sukhumvit Soi 2. The hotel thankfully offers a Tuk Tuk service which can drop you off at the main road and pick you up if you phone reception.

Soi 2 itself is devoid of anything interesting, which is very unusual for Bangkok. OK if you want to escape from the hussle and bustle.

I won't stay again as I have learned now that after staying at Soi 8 for many years - it is a great central location to stay....

Room Tip: I think only the top executive suites have views, all the others face other buildings. Not a big dea...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HM-Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Suites Sukhumvit 2 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Value guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are delighted to see that you had a pleasant stayed with us. We hope that we will be one of your accommodations choices whenever you’re visiting Bangkok.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome and serve you again at Aspen Suites Bangkok.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed on the same street in a different hotel previously and must admit the Aspen Suites really was a great surprise to me, as for the price I expected much less of an experience but from the moment of arriving and meeting Yuth the smiling bell boy/receptionist/tuk-tuk driver I could not ask for a more accommodating hotel.
I know the rooms are a little tired and the pool does not exactly get any sun, but this is made up by the staffs helpfulness and attitude.
I would advise anyone on a tight budget to give this a hotel a try, I am sure you will not be disappointed, and the free half day trip with guide included in the price was an un-expected pleasure.
Again well done to all the staff for making this slightly tired hotel into a peaceful retreat for the weary shopper/drinker/clubber.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your stayed with Aspen Suites also your kindness to shared your feedback.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed to stayed and happy with our services. We will share your comments with our associates who are the key to our guest's satisfaction.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Staying for 5 nites, staff is helpful and friendly. The room is spacious with microwave and a large fridge (not a mini bar). However, the TV, Audio system and hair dryer etc are not working at all. The swimming pool and the gym is too small, the breakfast is adequate with limited choice. Furthermore, the location is a bit away from the BTS, take about 15 mins at least by walking.

Room Tip: Not facing the high way !
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kendy M

Dear Value guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review, I would certainly take your comments for other to improve our services and hope to have a chance to welcome you in the near future.

We look forward to welcome you again at Aspen Suites Bangkok.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed at Aspen Suite over 7 times over the past 4 years. Quality rooms at a great price.
On this trip I traveled the area from Aug 12 through Nov 12.
Pros:
1. Free Breakfast has a good variety foods – enjoyed it every morning to start my day; many times I have tipped the staff for providing good service.
2. Nice work desk area for my computer and the free WIFI worked well.
3. Large room with a very comfortable bed; Plus Kitchenette area with refrigerators and microwaves. Rooms are clean and well maintained.
4. Hotel Staff (Front Desk Clerk / Restaurant Staff / Maid Service / 24 hr Security + Doorman) is always Professional and Polite.
5. Key location on quiet street that leads to Sukhumvit road; it has most of everything you are looking for in the city - several malls, many street vendor, fast food / restaurants, money exchange / ATMs and Nana Plaza / bars are one street over.
Cons: I have no complaints about staying at this hotel.
Aspen Suite has been a great hotel to stay at when my flight arrives late in the evening and I think the price for the rooms are pretty reasonable. I definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends traveling to Bangkok and I will be staying there on future trip to Bangkok.
Thanks to the Aspen Suite Staff for making me feel at home and for the great service they provide during my stay; it’s greatly appreciated.

No comment about the spa because I did not use the Spa or pool area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
HM-Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Suites Sukhumvit 2 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Value Guest,

Happy new year and wish all the best are belong to you, We would appreciated for your kind review Aspen Suites Bangkok in Tripadvisor. Your comment as our big present to me and our staffs, we will do our best to maintain our property and service to serve our value guests as you.

Once again, thank you very much and looking forward to welcome you at Aspen Suites Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Good access to the skytrain, but some way to the river. Yut, the concierge, was very helpful and friendly, as were all the staff. The rooms are very modern and clean. Breakfast is good and restaurant OK too. Just need to watch out for annoying noises - like an intermitent pump, or air con compressors. They changed our room with no fuss however.

Soi 11 nearby is great for restaurants, bars and clubs. Particularly liked Above 11, a rooftop bar ontop of Fraser Suites on Soi 11. Was surprised to find that Nana (Soi 4) is an 'entertainment' district, but the road Aspen is on is quiet and away from it all.

Helpful staff, comfy beds, good value for money overall.

Room Tip: Check for noises
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HM-Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Suites Sukhumvit 2 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Silver Over, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad that you found all the positive reviews about our hotel on Trip Advisor are true. I will pass it on to my staff.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I chose this hotel for its spacious rooms (we had like 6 backpacks), central location and good price rate. For the given price and compared to my experiences during a half a year in BKK, it was really a good choice. The rooms were a bit out of date but nice, clean and spacious. The breakfast was included and for that price is was abundant as well. The pool, again, was a bit disappointment: really small, shadows were crawling over it and it was a bit dirty (the first pool I have ever left untouched so far).

I would have given this place 3 stars due to the price rate but I had one problem which bothered me quite a bit: While booking, I specifically asked for a room with bathtub but noticed upon arrival that even though I had requested it and paid for it, we didn't have it in our room and the front desk couldn't delver it. I needed to go to talk about it multiple times before getting the answer that I would get the room I requested for 4/7 days we stayed there.

Not having a bathtub isn't usually a problem but during that time and after a long trip, that was something really expected. I also asked some sort of compensation since I didn't get what I had paid for (even a Chang would have made a smile on my face) and they said they would come back to me. They never came and I kept on asking until I finally managed to get a hold on the hotel manager, who eventually answered to me that they will not compensate anything else than a price reduction for the hotel airport taxi which was even with the reduced price 4 times more expensive than a normal cab -> I chose a normal taxi.

Ok budget hotel and besides this one matter the staff was really helpful. So sadly, there was this one incident which makes me choose another hotel on my next trip.

Room Tip: The pool isn't what's expected.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Value guest,

Thank you for your stayed with Aspen Suite Bangkok also your kindness to shared your feedback. We are delighted to see that we meet your expectations in most categories. Your valuable feedback and comments will help us to improve our services to strive for the highest level of service excellence.

Thank you again and looking forward to serving you again at Aspen Suites Bangkok.

Pejlada Bukkavesa, Hotel Manager