“1 night only...”

Ranked #565 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“1 night only...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

I chose to stay with the Floral Shire as a few friends had stayed here before. I think that it must be under new management as I feel that I didn't receive the quality that my friends has previously received.

I booked my room through Agoda so the rooms were cheaper than their advised internet prices.

The communication between the management and my self regarding my booking and pick up were very efficient. Replies with in 6hrs!!!

The pick up service was brilliant, a "meet and greet" staff at the airport, an a/c mini van and a relatively good driver (compared with others I've used in BK).

The room was a little dull... I was expecting something similar to what I'd seen advertised, the TV wasn't working and the room was on below the ground floor, a basement!!! I didn't bother to tell the staff about the TV as I was very tired and their free wifi was enough to entertain me. Although I did sleep very well compared to the people I had breakfast with. They heard the planes going by all night... we were only 5 mins from the airport!

For a night stopover it is worth the £10. Compared to the other big named hotels where you would pay a lot more for services you wouldn't really use.

The room was clean with crisp white sheets and a lovely hot shower.

My transfer back to the airport was free if I wanted one but they only leave on the hr and I wanted to leave 30min past so they arranged a private one 100bht!!

Don't be fooled by the advertised room, it is a basic stopover hotel, no wondering around town to see the sites of BK, you'll need to book somewhere near the center for that. No pool or bar, but if your landing and night and flying onwards the next day and want a comfy clean bed and feel safe if your a female on your own then here is the place to be.

Room Tip: The aeroplane noises are muffled the lower the floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank sunbeamuniverse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

pickup at the airport as promised without any problems,
friendly welcome in the hotel,
room in order as presented in photographs,
very helpful staff,
'll definitely return here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank baslype
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

I think that the ad oversells this hotel. It is nowhere near a resort. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the pickup service is good.
The hotel itself is a building rammed up against another. You may have a balcony but your view is the wall of the next building. No where to hangout, no pool or any any other facilities. You can order a massage in your room.
The food in the hotel is horrible.
This place is fine for an overnight stay but anything longer than a night here will drive you crazy.
Also sporadic really loud music played from behind the hotel early in the morning.
The front desk does arrange tours into the city.
Lower your expectations and you'll be happy.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank lemrac28
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

We arrived after midnight, and we found our name on a list in the area designated for shuttles. that was comforting considering we got in so late. after a 15 min wait, we caught the shuttle directly yo the airport and were welcomed by the male working the desk. he spoke pretty good english and the driver happily took our bags to our room after checking in. very quick service and also offered wake up call and shuttle time back to the airport. our room was simple, clean, and perfect for a one night stay. pictures are better online than what we received, but for the price and shuttle service, you can't beat it. our wakeup call was a little late, but not a problem as we set our own. lastly, i requested a hair dryer and it was delivered within 15 seconds.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelzblugar
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

Free shuttle service was the biggest plus and they even took us to the train station when we wanted to explore the city.
Photos and website are very misleading- not a resort at all.
The hotel was located in a very quiet, narrow street where even the local taxi driver found it a bit difficult to find.
When we arrived the receptionist (lady) was very friendly and helpful. However in the evening, the staff were more preoccupied in watching tv and texting than meeting our needs.
The Internet was very slow and wasn't free...60 baht min 20 baht.
Since it was near the airport it was a bit noisy...no double glazing.
Wouldn't go back since I'm sure there are better hotels but it was cheap.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ZenaAndjohn
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

This is a good hotel for an overnight stay near the airport to help deal with jetlag. Hotel transfer was free and there was little fuss, considering how late my flight was. The standard of the room was really good on all accounts. My only annoyance is that they over-charged me versus the web fare that I booked and then claimed that breakfast was not included, though my booking sheet said that it was. I was too out of it to argue/quibble.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have a swanky loft but there is no elevator from ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Ron E
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

On the advise of some fellow travelers, I booked my final night in Bangkok at the Floral Shire. It is a clean quiet hotel near the airport and offers everything you'd need before you depart. The rooms are clean and quiet and they offer a free ride to the airport. The staff is exceptionally friendly and even offered to pick stuff up for my friend and myself from 7-11. The Floral Shire was an excellent choice. I'd stay again for a night before departure. The next time I'd pass on the breakfast though.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jerry L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Siam Place Airport Hotel
Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort
Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort
#2 of 5 in Racha Thewa
Mariya Boutique Residence at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Been to Floral Shire Resort? Share your experiences!