“Big disappointment”

Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri
Ranked #106 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Currently staying in this hotel and wish we could leave and go elsewhere. If you are impressed by huge reception areas that look like airport terminals, a large amount of group booking style clientele and a fancy uniform on staff then this is your place but there is no substance. I have stayed in many hotels in Bangkok and this has been my worst and the most impersonal. From the moment we arrived and our bags were taken from us and loaded onto a bell mans trolley and bought in the lift upstairs with us and simply dropped on the floor where the bell man just stood there with his hands out stretched! I tip usually but I choose when I tip and being told to tip got my back up. This guy was not leaving unless we have him something. He didn't tell us anything about the room, what floor breakfast was on or anything... Just pushed a trolley and stuck his hands out! Breakfast... Please don't bother. If you care even a little bit about your food you will be disappointed. Again, it's quality over substance and just because you have a huge space with lots of chairs and tables like a canteen at work, with a seemingly endless selection of silver trays buffet style does not mean a good breakfast is being provided. Lift up those tray lids and the food is soggy and not hot. No care has gone into the actual quality. I tried to point out that the food iin the buffet trays where cold but they said no it's hot! I told them I was eating it and it was cold but instead of apologising they had a try of the food, realised it was cold and just walked away! I wish I was back at the Sofitel So Hotel where they understand that substance and details is more important than big showy gestures.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Sargoo1
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you for your kind recommendation.Your kind recommendation are very appreciated,
I apologize for your inconvenience cause and I will try the best to serve our customer to get
the best service. I will discuss with all Department Manager to improve our staff’s efficiency and carefully providing service to the customer and Duty Manager always recheck and report to Management for all concerns to make sure it will not happen again. Also after internal investication, if we found that our staff was misstep service to yhe customer. The staff’s performance evaluation was negatively affected. However,I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our all staffs in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,707)

Reviewed April 12, 2014

not one word of comment

SUPER!

never had so much for so little

if i really must fill out to 200 characters: this is the best hotel experience i have had in years.
immense rooms. great welcome. very professional.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Tom M

I am glad to heard that you are enjoy to stay with us.We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Slow check-in, we arrived earlier around 12 noon and waited for long time for checking in. We asked the staffs if we can go to the 8th floor lounge to chill while waiting, they said can, but on one ever offered us help to use their keycard to access to the lounge. So we are just sitting there and wasting time. Room is good but again it reflects what the price paid.

What I likes:
Swimming pool is very spacious and nice
Fully functional gym room
Wide selection of breakfast
Location

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel also discuss with Front Office Manager to review about the service, Also share your comment to our all staffs in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and just keep coming back for the simple reason of the standard of this hotel, it's location close to Ratchadamri BTS and it's walking distance to One World shopping centre. The swimming pool is very good ASIs the steam room and sauna located in the changing rooms ( separate make and female sauna , steam room and hot tub) .

The rooms are really comfortable with large bathrooms and soft beds . The only negative is that the breakfast room has no windows so seems quite a different standard than the rest of the hotel.

This is the sort of hotel you could bring family and know that they would be impressed and treated well.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was fortunate to win 3 nights at the Grand Centre Point as part of an overall holiday. The room was excellent on the 32nd floor. The staff were friendly and very kind. The whole lay-out is very suave and classy. Personally I found the hotel to be in a fantastic location and readily available for shopping in Bangkok.

On our last night we were informed that the restaurant did not serve alcohol. This is not a deal breaker however we would have liked to have a glass of wine or a beer with our dinner after the day of walking/shopping.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind support to Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri. I am very glad to heard that you appreciated with our hotel.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three days with my girlfriend. We arrived the hotel early (around 9:30) but were told the room would be ready for us at 10:30 which we thought was great. However the wait in the lobby turned out to be two hours, not one as promised, but having arrived so early I can't really complain about that.
Once in the room, the first thing we noticed was that the room had two single beds not the one king size we had booked. In the lobby I was promised that the bed would be changed at once.
Back in the room we were still waiting for the luggage to turn up. After a long travel to get to Bangkok I really felt like I could do with a shower, but it took not less than three calls to the front desk before the luggage finally turned up, more than one hour after we got to the room. At this point there was no sign of the new bed, however it was in place when we returned to the room in the afternoon.
The room itself was ok, but the bathroom in particular does not match that of some of the other five star hotels I have stayed in in Bangkok.
The pool area is nice, with plenty of space, so is the library and rec area located on the same floor. I was however surprised to be told that we could not purchase a beer by the pool, only soft drinks.
We did not eat any meals at the hotel.
The location of the hotel is great, with plenty of shopping and restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Impacto294

I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel also discuss with Front Office Manager and Housekeeping Manager to review about the Assign Room process to clearify that room condition will be correct with guest reservation, Also I will share your comment to our all staffs in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

You know what they say, "Location, Location, Location", and Grande Centre Point certainly has it.

Just 5-10 mins walking distance to Central World & Siam Paragon shopping malls and a further 5-10 minutes to MBK, Pratunam & Panthip Plaza. There's also a Big C (supermarket) opposite Central, where you can pick up any necessities and a BTS station to get to anywhere else in BKK you desire just a few minutes away.

Having stayed at many hotels in Bangkok over the years, from budget 300 THB rooms off of Khao San to 20,000 THB at the Mandarin Oriental, I have to say that Grande Centre Point ranks in my top 5.

For the location, the service and quality of the rooms the price was pretty amazing at just 2,800 THB a night (booked via a online booking site). On arrival the staff immediately take care of your bags, you're offered a drink while your waiting for the reception staff to sort everything out and I was upgraded from a Deluxe to a Suite.

You'll come to find the good service doesn't end there. There's a dedicated cleaning crew for each floor so using the rather sophisticated electronic do not disturb/make up my room sign, you can pretty much choose when you want your room to be cleaned. And its expertly done at that with all toiletries and water replenished. There's free tea and coffee in the lobby. The lobby staff are excellent at recommending restaurants and hailing taxis for you and even when you are leaving they'll take care of your luggage in a secure room after checking out.

The rooms are large and immaculately cleaned, the air conditioning perfectly distributed, we had a huge bathroom a selection of toiletries, a kitchenette with washing machine (very handy indeed!), a walk-in wardrobe, large safe that fit my 17" laptop in and a fantastic view of the pool and the city.

The gym downstairs is very well equipped and towels are hand out and water is available, the pool is massive with a jucuzzi and the spa facilities are very good. The food at the restaurant attached, which we ate in one evening for dinner was very good indeed.

Overall, a very memorable stay and it's definitely a place i'll come back to.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephen D
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014