“Deluxe Family Accommodation Within Bangkok”

Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri
Ranked #115 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Grand Centre Point Rachadamri is part of Centre Points Hospitality Group. It is located at Rachadamri Area.

The hotel is great, huge with nice lobby of specious/ high ceiling and many seating areas and outdoor Smoking Lounge (apart from the lobby area). The hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi in Public Area and the Rooms as well.

Facilities are nice and superb with large Swimming Pool, excellent Gym, Health Club, Kids Playground, Computer Room (equipped with PCs and printers), Reading Room and Residence Lounge; where they serve complimentary Tea and Water. These facilities are available from 06:00 am to 10:00 pm.

All the rooms are equipped with home appliances such as large fridge and freezer, automatic washing machine, dish washer, electric cooking stew, oven with all crockery and cutlery. If the guest wants to use these facilities, he should only bring food stuff and start cooking.

The hotel got many types of rooms starts from:

1. Grand Deluxe Room (44 m”) with sofa and no separate living room
2. Suite (54 m”) no sofa no separate living room and specious bathroom suitable for honeymooners and couples
3. Grand Deluxe Suite (69 m”) with separate living room, dining area, work desk, two TVs and specious bathroom
4. Executive Suite (72 m”) and it is similar to Grand Deluxe Suite. Two rooms are available in the corner in one floor (these are corner rooms).

Also, there are two and three Bedroom Suite; which are limited numbers and normally used for long stay.

It is highly recommended for Family stay.

Room Tip: The hotel got many types of rooms starts from: 1. Grand Deluxe Room (44 m”) with sofa and no sepa...
5  Thank Saeed Mohamed M
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for your kind recommendation.Your kind recommendation are very appreciated,
I apologize for your inconvenience cause and I will discuss with Front Office Manager for revise the service process to make sure that there will not happen again and reiterate with our staff to review the Hotel information and give the correct information to customer. Also discuss with Housekeeping Manager and Floor Supervisor to supervise and help maid to clean up the room. Because some period the transaction might be very busy and maid can't clean up the room on time

There are newer reviews for Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights for the second part of our honeymoon trip to Thailand. The hotel is a good one with a great location. The 1 bedroom apartment style suit we stayed in was impressive as where the hotel facilities such as the pool terrace. If I was just rating my experience on the above I'd rate is as excellent however I've only rated it as average due to the reception staff. Reason being is that before we left on our trip I contacted the 2 hotels we where staying at to inform them it was my honeymoon, both responded and said they would add a few extras to make our stay even more special. The fist hotel we stayed with on our first leg pulled out all the stops and lived up to Thailand's reputation of having a high level of customer service.

Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri however did not live up to this level at all. First problem was that the private airport transfer was not registered with the company properly so we where left waiting for more than an extra hour at the airport before it was rectified and we where on our way. That's fine, mistakes happen, we where still having a good time and looking forward to Bangkok. We arrived at the hotel and it was beautiful, very impressive looking. I approached the reception and having worked in the customer service industry myself I could sense straight away that the whole reception staff where stressed even though the reception was not overly busy. They where very abrupt with me but not rude so I just put it down to them having a bad day, it happens, no problem. Informed them about the mix up with the transfer and the reply was it was not their responsibility as a separate company was responsible for transfers. Not a great attitude to have but fine, I'm on holiday I don't want to argue. Checked in and transferred to the suite. Once we got situated and dealt with our luggage I realised that there was nothing in the room to signify it was our honeymoon. I went down to reception first of all to make sure our return transfer was booked properly, it was. They where still stressed and I inquired if they realised it was our honeymoon as I had previously communicated. The response from the duty manager was as follows in a sarcastic tone: "Well what do you expect from us the pent house room, free meals a free stay?" Understandably I was a bit shocked and said no I'm not expecting that but what I am expecting is a polite person to speak to. He shrugged of the criticism and asked what he can do for me, like he had pressed a reset button! I asked him what do you usually do as standard for people on their honeymoon? He replied we put flower petals on the bed, provide a honeymoon cake and usually upgrade to a room with a best view. The way he said it implied to me that I had already received this so I said that we had received none of this and I was just really expecting a small gesture. He said you should of received these things so I will check with housekeeping, it's their fault. Again a poor attitude to have assigning fault. I asked him what would happen then and his reply was to leave it with him and as I did not want an argument and was made to feel uncomfortable I left it at that.

Nothing happened, no gesture at all was made for the whole stay and I decided it was not worth complaining again as I had more important things to do, besides that's what sites like this are for.

I would not recommend adding the transport element to any excursions organised by the hotel either. The driver himself was very good and professional but the car supplied was a beat up old toyota from the late 80', very early 90's with no a/c and very worn upholstery.

Overall, the other staff apart from reception where very good and friendly. We did have an enjoyable stay in Bangkok it's just on reflection that the reception staff let the hotel down and if you make any special requests don't expect them to even attempt to make you feel welcome. It was a very unusual atmosphere at reception, they treat you like the enemy at times. Just a few unprofessional staff in a key area can make you have a bad opinion.

Room Tip: Don't get a room to the rear of the hotel like us, not as good a view unless you like viewing a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shwan S

I apologize for our lack of service occured to you. I altready investigated for this case with our Front Office Manager and found that there our staff mistake to converse the wrong meaning to you. Nevertheless, there 's completely our fault and I already seriously brief with Front Office Team to review our service to make sure that there will not happen again. Refer to the Limousine Service, I also apologize for your inconvenience cause. I alrady discuss with Front Office Manager and Limousine Staffs to revise there working process
to reduce the faulty as much as possible.
Again thank you very much for your kind support. I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our all staffs in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were happy with our stay in the hotel for 2 nights. The hotel location is pretty good, very near the Siam square area.

The check in was smooth and hassle-free. The rooms were quite spacious and well-appointed. We got a room with a good view of the shopping malls around, which looked pretty good lighted up at night. The bed was comfortable to sleep.

The bathroom was decent with the usual amenities, including a bathtub and a shower cubicle.

The buffet breakfast did not have much to offer, and for us vegetarians fruits and bread were the options as usual.

The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. Overall an enjoyable stay.

1  Thank Gaurav333

I am glad to heard that you are enjoy to stay with us.I will discuss with our Executive Chef to improvement our Breakfast Menu. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed October 24, 2013

It's the biggest room I've ever stayed in. We rented the Executive Suite and it had extraordinary views of a golf parc. Everything was new and modern and service was really nice. I though in general the staff were very welcoming. We looked through so many hotels before picking this one, which is great for the location. Hope to go back again!

Like others say, I think the breakfast was just ok... but I'm not really a big breakfast person! Also, the shutters in the room aren't completely blackout if you are planning a late night out/late wake up. But these are really minnor things.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind support to Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri. I am very glad to heard that you appreciated with our hotel.Nevertheless, I will discuss with ourn Chief Technician to fix the wooden shutter in bed room to completely close.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Grand Centre Point Hotel has a lot of good points in its favor: great location near Erawan Shrine, Central World etc., lovely property with a grand lobby and pool area, rooms with all the amenities of an apartment (washer/dryer, kitchenette, sink, separate sitting area). I visit Bangkok regularly, and we chose this hotel as my husband and I were traveling with our 1.5 year old toddler for the first time. The extra space and kitchenette were very convenient for a family stay.
The service of this hotel, however, is another story.
- Check-in was a brisk and impersonal affair.
- The day after we checked in I was expecting some very important business phone calls. All day the calls kept coming, but the front desk was informing the callers that our room was empty and had no guests residing there. I had to call guest relations and have them update their records. We experienced long delays in guest relations answering our calls, as well.
- We had requested a King Size bed, which turned out to be two twin beds that were pushed together. The separation in the middle was highly uncomfortable.
- Upon asking the front desk in person if there was a play area (we had a Thai friend with us who asked them in their own language) we were informed there was none. On the third day of our stay my husband discovered a lovely play area off the poolside! What a pity.
- Twice we requested Makeup Room before leaving the hotel in the morning, but the room was being cleaned upon our return in the late afternoon.
The Spa: While being beautifully appointed like the rest of the hotel, the spa also lacks good service. Being something of a spa addict and been to spas worldwide, this was the first time I was welcomed to my treatment with another guest. What I mean is, I was given a consultation form while sitting at the main desk of the spa, while another guest was seated next to me with a form as well. Then they pushed the selection of massage oils towards us both together so we awkwardly scrambled to choose our preferred oil. Normally this is done guest by guest, not communally. The massage itself was very average.
Overall, I have stayed at the hotel is really well appointed but suffers from lack of service/management. We have stayed at the nearby Anantara Suites which were far superior in service while having the same apartment type rooms.

2  Thank luxetraveller79
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The check in staff was very courteous , I have been staying in this hotel for last five year regularly . It is tucked in behind four seasons hotel. No traffic noise .
The only place they need to improve is house keeping in toilet, the edges of the shower area are now become black. The edges of the tile also.

Room Tip: Ask or the room ver looking the race course and golf . Otherwise the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation. Your kind supports are always
and gratefully appreciated. I will discuss with housekeeping Manager to reiterate to loor supervisor to recheck our property and fix the deteriorate assets immediately.
We are looking forward to your next visit

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We chose this hotel for its position...perfect for shopping. Lovely rooms, view and stylishly appointed. Only real let down was the buffet breakfast, dull, cafeteria feel, so unlike the usual Bangkok hotel experience we have had. Food not good at all, it was so unappealing we skipped it after our first day..seemed to cater for Asian tour groups...shame as the hotel itself was lovely.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great...
1  Thank Johill7

I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our Restaurant Manager in order to enhance them to try harder to improve our service and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.