“Great apartment but basic breakfast”

Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri
Ranked #100 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Oslo, Norway
“Great apartment but basic breakfast”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom apartmet, it was very spacious. It had a large kitchen, which also had a washing machine with dryer. The location is excellent, walking distance to Central World and Paragon. The nearest BTS station is a short walk from the hotel. The pool area is great. And the gym is super. We had lunch in the cafe downstairs, which was great. They don't serve any alcohol in this hotel. The breakfast was not so exciting, lots of asian dishes, but no variety in bread, cheese/ham, vegetables etc. They should take a look at some breakfast buffets in other hotels in BK.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SmaRt1904
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind recommendation to our property and our service.
I will try the best to approve our service to meet customer's expectation.
Nevertheless, I will discuss with Restaurant Manager to approve our food quality and service
to make a customer stay with us as much enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Australia
Reviewed March 30, 2013

On our recent trip to Thailand we decided to spend an extra two days in Bangkok on our return from Khao Lak so my wife could spend whatever money I had left. We noticed a deal on theweb from a company called Agoda whom were sales pitching a Hotel with a 50% discount offer, the hotel itself looked reasoably new and was well located for shopping so we decided to take up the offer from Agoda.
Now I have been retired for ten years or so, we travel internationally 2-3 times a year and stay mostly in The Marriotts, Hiltons or Intercontinental Hotels, in other words, mostly five star rated.
Without doubt the Grande Centre Point Hotel is one of the nicest and best hotels we have ever stayed in, and with the rate that we paid, definately the cheapest which was an added bonus. Our room was a Suite on the 25th.floor and was a delight to walk into when we first arrived and taken to our room. The staff, right through to the Duty Manager, Reception, and the young staff in the Restaurant where Breakfast was served were a wonderful group of people, friendly and the most helpful lot that you could ever wish for in a Hotel.
By the way the facilities for children was fantastic.
If we ever decide to return to Thailand (Bangkok) then our hotel of choice will be the Grande Centre Point Hotel, cheap rate or normal rate it will make no difference.
NJ4

Room Tip: I really do not think it makes much difference, the hotel is wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NJ4Australia
I am glad to heard that you are enjoy to stay with us.We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family visited Bangkok last week and stayed at this hotel for the first time. Location is good, which is only minutes walk to Central World. The lobby is grand and luxurious. A friend told us that the hotel is new, which we think is true. We stayed in a Grand Suite which was spacious and comfortable. A kichenette is available which allows us simple cooking, boiling hot water and microwave. The fridge is of good size too. The breakfast buffet spread is reasonably good, which consists of vegetarian, congee, sushi and etc. The swimming pool and gym are big. However, the spa services are rather expensive, as compared to outside services.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Xiaoleilei
Thank you for your kind recommendation.Your kind recommendation are very appreciated,
I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our all staffs in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.
Singapore
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The rooms were HUGE. More like a service apartment with kitchen, a big bathroom, living room and study area. So comfortable. I enjoyed using the sauna and gym facilities too. Wonderfully located within walking distance to the BTS and shopping malls. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Request for high floor rooms facing the golf course. Excellent view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ronrush
hank you very much for your kind support to Grande Centre Point Hotel & residence Ratchadamri. I am very glad to heard that you appreciated with our hotel.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This review is long overdue but just wanted to share my experiences in this very nice hotel. I 've stayed here several times in the past years but this review will not be done if no date is given so I just chose April 2012. But actually I stayed here since 2009 til late 2011. I know Bangkok quite well and have stayed in different hotels for the past decades so I already have my preferred hotels. But one day a travel agent friend asked me to try this hotel -residence instead of my usual choices. He said I would be impressed and I was. For the past 3 years I've tried different room types and of course, the Grand Suite is impressive with all the amenities.

I like the hotel for: the washer/dryer and the lobby's espresso coffee machine that now serves hot chocolate also! I also like the hand sanitizer sprays before the elevator. The doorman will always assist you with taxi and even write down the plate number. I once ordered room service and food was brought up promptly. Breakfast is more than substantial, now with many choices with a good Japanese food selection at the back.

However, when one gets into the "main" breakfast time then it can be very noisy and chaotic with long lines specially on the bread selection and dessert area. I also had to ask for artificial sweetener which is not on the breakfast table top.

Going back to the hotel from Central World area by taxi , don't get the taxis on that side because the taxis will have to go a bit around because of the traffic and flow. Instead, cross to Big C area infront and get a cab from there so that you are now going just straight. But mind you, very few taxi drivers know this hotel so best bring the hotel card and tell them "Four Seasons" as focal point. So that you can direct the taxi driver to enter the street.haggle for less than 100 Baht. When taxis are hard to find, try the tuktuk( open motorized cab) for same price.

One is given a tasty fruit drink on check-in which is a very nice gesture. However, I've had issues with the deposit amount on check-in,which even if refundable is still bothersome, and sometimes the reception ladies are not that helpful. On my last stay I specifically requested my travel agent to ensure I can get to the room straight on arrival because I would be coming at 6am from a long trip from Europe.I know hotel policies on check-in times and rates, but I was assured that the hotel had approved this. Sadly I was refused to use the room unless I pay the corresponding day rate because no request was made. Eventually the hotel relented after a strong complaint from me and travel agent who gave the name of the hotel reservations supervisor who approved this. Overall it's still a very good place to stay in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank v a
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel feels quite luxurious, nice large lobby area, good sized rooms (we stayed in a suite). Nice pool area, but only sun the first half of the day. I missed a bar in the hotel. If you want to use the wash machine in your room, ask for washing powder and a drying rack and they will bring it to your room. The clothes will not dry completely with the drying program, unless you would like to wait for hours. I don't understand why the rooms have kitchens, unless it is meant for long stays, isn't Bangkok meant for eating out? Anyway there are no equipment for cooking in the kitchen, probably the hotel will provide if one askes for it? Ok food in the restaurant, breakfast Ok-

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind recommendation. Your kind supports are always
and gratefully appreciated. And we are looking forward to your next visit.
Kragero, Norway
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in a two-bedroom suite at this fantastic hotel. It has the perfect location for shopping and great dining. The rooms were spacious and bright and the breakfast was good. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this review, March 11, 2013