“Great hotell”

Ranked #98 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Bergen, Norway
“Great hotell”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We loved this hotel, stayd for one night in an huge room. Pure luxury, and close too a shopping area There was no sun in the pool area was a pitty.
Breakfast was not for me, i did miss cheese. There was fruit, egg, bacon, sushi, thai food (warm) some jam and ham. Overall we enjoyd our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind support to Grande Centre Point Hotel & residence Ratchadamri. I am very glad to heard that you appriciated with our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just checked in to hotel and had the most bizarre conversation with the rudest most ignorant staff I have ever met in even a 4 star hotel let alone 5 stars supposedly. I had a simple question about my receipt and after a rude long frustrating conversation, they told me they don't issue receipts to people who book with Agoda (the biggest hotel booking site in Asia). don't bother asking for a manger either, the one I got must have been like 15 or something (i exaggerate but not by much:)) who was ruder than the staff. now i am used to some of the staff in the higher end hotels developing an attitude where they begin to forget that they are simple employees there to serve the customer and begin to act as if they owned the place and generally i ignore it but this was a special case of extreme rudeness.I had heard rumors about how rude the staff was here but I was in a hurry when I booked and they had bought the first listing in Agoda so I booked them figuring it couldn't be that bad but boy was I wrong. In any case that is my review, my two cents is you are paying top dollar for this level of stay and there are many more hotels where you both get allot more for your money, in a more convenient location with a supremely more mannered staff (try the conrad on wireless road for example or the peninsula on the river (get the breakfast buffet it's awesome) ). Now I am going to see if I can cancel the remaining night I have here because as these folks seem to forget, I don't have to stay at their hotel!

Room Tip: Get a room in another hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Jareer A
Thank you for your kind recommendation.Your kind recommendation are very appreciated, I apologize for any inconvenience cause.I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our all staffs in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just fantastic. Took the expansive executive suite for 3 nights. Great view of the horse race track 18 hole golf course across the road. Spent many a minutes watching golfers hit a par 3 hole over water including one who had the caddy carry a collapsible chair!
The reception hall was lovely and the free espresso coffee delicious. Even the hallway was lovely with its marble flooring and width.
The room was the highlight. Everything so solid and obvious high quality and well thought out. Powerpoints lighting airconditiining bedding sofa desk kitchen laundry setups all exceeded expectation. Wife was effortless.
All the staff was very Thai gracious including cleaning bellboy breakfast staff. Only ones not were the reception staff for both checkin and checkout. Quite tense and easily irritable for some reason.
Breakfast was okay. I had better. Hardworking service staff made up for any lack in food taste.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 16, 2013

What I liked
It's a good hotel with many advantages. first it's in the center of Bangkok but not in the very crowded area. The breakfast is ok and I loved that they offer halal food for Muslims. The room was very clean and big. The staff are friendly, welcoming and helpful.

What I didn't like
The hotel management aren't flexible and understanding. I booked 5 nights but I had to change my plans and stay there for 3 nights instead
I emailed them about two weeks prior my arrival to change my check in date but my request was rejected..!! so I end up paying for 5 full nights... And I only stayed there 3 nights.. Thanks reservation manager!
Also the Kitchenette is not fully equipped (cooking pan, ..)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind recommendation. Your kind supports are always
and gratefully appreciated. I apologized in any inconveniencce cause of your booking.
mumbai
Reviewed January 12, 2013

we were a family of 3 staying in the grand suite for 5 nights in december 2012 ... and it was a wonderful stay indeed ! the hotel smells divine as you enter the lobby .. clean and lavish. our check in was smooth. the suite itself was tastefully decorated and large in size. the bathroom had a seperate shower and tub and was huge .. it had an entrance from the living room as well as from the bedroom which was handy. the room had every amenity one could ask for, including even an umbrella ! as for its location one cant get better .. this hotel is right behind the grand hyatt and the erawan shrine with the shopping malls minutes away by foot. on the other side of the hotel is the four seasons hotel and the st regis. there are 2 bts stations nearby which is always handy in bangkok as taking cabs can be tricky due to the traffic. i would definately recommend this hotel to anyone going to bangkok and we ourselves would stay there again for sure !

Room Tip: for the price and space take the grand suite .. its fab
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in December 2012. The room was of excellent size, and we really used all the space. We even did some washing! The location was OK, although it was a good 20 - 30 minute walk from the MBK Centre.

However, the hotel did not have a bar, so you could not relax after a busy day of sightseeing or shopping, or possibly talk to other guests or watch the world go by.

The reception staff did not have a grip of the English language, at all, and appeared frightened whenever someone approached the desk. They were not very helpful, even when asked basic questions.

And the swimming pool, although in a lovely setting, did not get any sun, so it was freezing!

I think there are better options in Bangkok to stay at similar prices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew J
Thank you very much for your kind recommendation to our property and our service.
I will try the best to approve our service to meet customer's expectation.
Nevertheless, I will discuss with Front Office Manager to look after the serviceto make sure that our staff service will be smooth to make customer get more convenience.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We decided to treat ourselves to a nice hotel for the tail-end of our 3 week Southeast Asia vacation and couldn't be happier with our decision. The rooms at Centre Point feel more like a condo than a hotel as they have tons of space, a proper kitchen and even a working washer and dryer. We really appreciated the washer and dryer.

The location is central to everything, shopping, site seeing, public transportation, ect. We were able to walk to most locations including the nearby shopping market.

We ate several meals at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised with the quality of food. Everything tasted delicious and was fresh.

Overall this is an ideal hotel that offers great service, wonderful food, large rooms, extra amenities and super clean facilities.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
I am glad to heard that you are enjoy to stay with us.We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.