“Beyond all expectations”

Ranked #114 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Durban, South Africa
“Beyond all expectations”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel is truly spectacular. The rooms are very comfortable and the large beds a treat. I have not met friendlier people in my 3 weeks in Thailand than the staff at this hotel.
The pool area is a clean fresh break from the buzz of the city.
The Hotel is very well located with the sky train station being a 5 min walk.
Cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind support to Grande Centre Point Hotel & residence Ratchadamri. I am very glad to heard that you appriciated with our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have seen the lavish gold,where was the Sultan ?
How about a lobby big enough to fit a regular 3 stories high Parisian house ? And a majestic staircase designed by Salvador Dali long enough for 10 brides and 10 grooms in a row ?
Ohhh I forgot it is the GRAND centre Point, gold all over, more marble please !
Grand is the lobby, as well as the pool, and the beautiful spa ! The rooms are neatly appointed serviced apartments. Great if you like space, which you get plenty off, much more spacious than any good hotel will ever offer.
The location is also very good, tucked in between the Four Seasons. St Regis and Hyatt Erawan hotels.
The service is not quite at the level of a good Bangkok hotel though, staff somewhat distracted, restaurant waitress checking her pimples in the mirror instead of attending customers...but admittedly it was a slow day.
The huge caveat is Breakfast: welcome to a submarine type hall, without a single window, 200 seats or so lined up canteen style, hard ceramic tiles as far as the eye can see, and food or should we call it grub ? Boring as hell !! Not even a decent coffee machine ! Although we had paid for breakfast in the packaged we preferred to avoid it and found a good breakfast outside. Avoid being depressed !!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind recommendation.Your kind recommendation are very appreciated, I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our all staffs especially the restaurant in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 29, 2012

What a great hotel. Friendly staff, a nice room upgrade, good pool and spa facilities.
Good location near the subway. Very good value for money. I would 100% come back here and recommend those who are looking for a great hotel at a good price to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind recommendation. Your kind supports are always
and gratefully appreciated. And we are looking forward to your next visit.
Singapore
Reviewed December 29, 2012

" I will be back" was the first thought I have after my first night in Grande Centre Point (Ratchadamri).

My friend and me had selected this hotel, primary reason for its SPA (Rarin Jinda) which we had already booked for. The convenience of having the spa in the same hotel was just to ensure we could return to room for a good sleep after spa.

Was checking into the hotel and the booking staff had made a mistake on my arrival date, I almost had no chance of experiencing my stay at Grande Centre as it was already 100% booked. Luckily, the manager gave me a free upgrade from Grand Deluxe to Grand Suite.

The room is spacious and spotless clean. 2 LCDs TV which kept us occupied.
2 hanging wardrobe which gives us plenty of space for our clothes. Bathroom with lots of shelves which allow us to have plenty of space to place our tolietries.
I must say : It is indeed too comfortable for us and hard to leave a room like this!

Summary :
This is the place to spend a relax holiday with family/friends/couples.
The spa (Rarin Jinda) is really world class! Regardless the slightly steep price, try it once and you will know it is worth it. (most of my friends who had tried it always return and some even book 3 spas for 3 days)
If you are looking for a hotel to rest and spend most of your time outdoor shopping, you can avoid this hotel. It will be a waste if you do not spend some time in the hotel room to chill and relax.
My experience : The night view from hotel room beats the view from Sky Bar (Lebua at State Tower Hotel) because you do not have to squeeze in a small place to gaze the view.
Hotel separate the crowd from normal travellers and business so the corporate breakfast queue is lesser, the food from corporate bar is of better quality.

There is almost nothing for me to pick on, except : The tissue box in the bathroom is just too small. But that is such a small thing to live with. (remember to get your own tissue box before you check in)

I have to say again: I am SURE to be back in Grande Centre (Ratchadamri) again!

Room Tip: Request for a room facing the pool. That is the room with good night view. High floors are good. I w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I am glad to heard that you are enjoy to stay with us.We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Second time staying here. Clean, large rooms with kitchen facilities including washing machine and free Wifi. Close to BTS station and walkable to shopping malls. Lovely pool and a great breakfast buffet. Highly recommend as it is great value for the price.

• Stayed December 2012
Palm Desert, California USA
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is the third Centre Point Property that I have stayed at this month and the first at the Grand Ratchadamri. Like all other Centre Points it offers so much for half of any 5 Star Hotel located on this Road. Little setback from the Road but right next to the Four Seasons, St. Regis and Grand Hyatt Erawan it offers beautiful appointed Studios and Suites.

All Studios and Suites are equiped with a small kitchen, washer and dryer. With free parking and grand service it provides a traveller all he needs while visiting this fun city. Within easy walking to all the great shopping of Central World, Siam Parragon and the local wholesale malls on Pratumwan.

The Spa, Pool and Fitness areas are everything I needed to complete my perfect stay and the breakfast, friendly service and spotless suites make you feel like home. For sure will come back when returning to Bangkok.

Doc Kaelin

Room Tip: I so far have only stayed in the Studio and had an absolutely perfect, comfortable and quite stay!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I choose this hotel because of the location to shopping centres and transport and also because it had a washing machine and was not disappointed. The washing maching/dryer allowed us to wash all our clothes before packing for home. I do not like arrivng home with a suite case of dirty clothes.The breakfast is very good and buffet style with a range of dishes to suit people from various countries. I checked out at 1.00 PM and they and as I was not flying out until 12 midnight they stored my baggage and allowed us to have a shower in the gym before departing for the airport. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay again on my next visit to Bangkok

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this review, December 17, 2012