“Cozy hotel in a quiet Soi off Sukhumvit”

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8
Ranked #210 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Pattaya, Thailand
“Cozy hotel in a quiet Soi off Sukhumvit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel is on Soi 8 (not to be confused with the same hotel on Soi 11). This Soi is in a quiet location and good relaxing get away spot off Sukhumvit...without being too far away.
Walking distance off Sukhumvit would take a good 10 minutes so I would suggest using the free hotel tuk tuk which will run at any time upon request. The hotel porter/staff was exceptionally nice and friendly.
On arriving at the hotel reception I was greeted and checked in with no problems. However had to pay a fair deposit for the room key (maybe 500Baht?)
My room was cozy but a bit on the small side. Apart from that it had everything you would expect from a 4* hotel - safe, air con, tv, double bed, etc.
Recommend :) :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear JamesG111186,

Warmest greetings from Salil Hotel (Soi8).

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us at Tripadvisor.

We were very pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us recently and that you enjoyed the hotel’s products, facilities and services. Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your positive comment and feedback that we are able to maintain on our service standard.
Again, thank you for choosing Salil Hotel (soi8). We certainly look forward to welcome you back at our Hotel on your next visit to Bangkok.

With best regards,
K.A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Thank you to all Salil hotel staff for looking after me so well during my 3 week stay at your hotel.
I found your hotel to be clean, well located close to the city centre and in a quiet street.
All your staff have been very friendly especially the waitress Pum, all reception staff and your cleaning ladies are excellent and have done a great job every day.
I've enjoyed your chef's cooking as well.
I would happily stay with you again providing that you don't bump up the price anymore: the hotel is well priced (during the high season) for what it offers and compared with others in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Ms. Elizabeth A.,

Thank you very much for your kindness support at Salil Hotel Soi8 during visit in Bangkok. You comment made us to encourage staff to keep remainding great hospitality service, We appreciate for your satisfied during stay and sharing you experience through website.

We would like to welcome you and your family with our best hospitality service in the nearest.

Should you have any further queries or more information please do not hesitate contact me at you convenience.

K.A
Karachi, Pakistan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed 7 nights in total. Although the hotel and rooms were clean, adequate supplies of mini bar and toiletries, but they kind of try to suck your money out of your pockets.

I arrived early at 10 am in the morning and I requested the hotel staff that if you have the room ready and available, I would like to check-in early because I had a very tiring schedule in Phuket and an early morning flight as well. In response, they asked me that I can only check-in early if I pay them 25% of the cost of room for these 2 hours between 10-12 (12 being the check-in time). I was totally shocked at their reply that they do not have any hospitality towards guests.

Paying an extra 25% cost of the room just for 2 hours, even if they had my room ready and available. They did not even account for the fact that before checking in again at the hotel, I actually left the room 6 hours before the allotted check-out time to catch my flight to Phuket.

No courtesy towards guests. I will not probably stay here again in my life.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MOvais
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear MOvais,

Thank you very much for your kind support Salil Hotel Sukhumvit soi8

According you were not satisfied & weren’t given a good impression about hotel service provided when you arrival. We sincerely regret that a situation you met with the hotel policy Check in time at 14.00 hrs. and check out time at 12.00 hrs. as standard.

However if you would like to returning please inform us directly we will offer the special benificial to you for next travelling.

K.A
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Nice little hotel. Staff are friendly, especially the bellboy, Ad, who is an absolute diamond - very helpful and very likeable. Only problem I had was that the shower was not so good, not much pressure and not that hot. But I'd still highly recommend the hotel...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank davidP2426AV
Dear DavidP2426AV,

Thank you very much for your kind support at Salil Hotel and rewarding best valuable feed back us an experience as your facing during stay at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8 We appreciate for your satisfied during stay and sharing you experience through website.

We would like to welcome you and your family with our best hospitality service in the future.

Best regards,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, its a fair way down the soi, but this makes it quiet and away from the traffic, and their is a free buggy that will shuttle you to the top of the soi..the rooms were modern and clean, wifi worked well in the room, decent hot shower, minibar,kettle etc..I found all of the staff polite and friendly, and its handy having a small restaurant within the reception..the restaurant has a limited range, but breakfast was good and the staff in the restaurant were really nice...going the extra mile in my opinion...would reccommend and would stay again.
Great location in the heart of Sukhumvit and the Nana BTS station is at the top of the soi, for easy getting around town

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Forest1965,

We would like to welcome you and your family with our best hospitality service in next time.

Saumur, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

After an absence of 12 months I returned for my 5th stay at the Salil. Many of the core staff are still at the hotel and the service remains at its usual high standards. Much of the refurbishment needed especially in the public areas had been completed. The rooms are being progressively refurbished.

Soi 8 is one of the gems of Bangkok and once again it was a delight to stay in The Salil Soi 8.

Room Tip: Rooms fronting the street are cooler when you return in the afternoon.
Dear Mr. vjhSaumur,

Thank you very much for your keep loyalty with Salil Hotel Soi8 and thank you very much for kindness advice feed back and satisfied during with us, all your comment which great for us to keep remainding we work hard in everyday to ensure our guest received good service, it would be pleasure to host you back to Salil Hotel in the future.

Best Regards.,
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have been to Bangkok six times now and this hotel is as just what I was looking for, all the facilities at a sensible price. The room was comfortable although I did find the bed a bit firm but after mentioning to to reception it was changed to a softer but still firm setting, now that's what I call service. The only problem I had was with breakfast and try as I may I always seemed to confuse the Chef, but there again I am fussy and hard to please. When I come again I will certainly see if they have rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Eddie Lewis,
Thank you very much for kindness advice feed back and satisfied during with us, all your comment which great for us to keep remainding and improving which made a bit incomfortable promptly.
We look forward to thewelcome you back the the future, thank you once agian for share your experience