“.”

Ranked #224 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“.”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Nice little hotel. Staff are friendly, especially the bellboy, Ad, who is an absolute diamond - very helpful and very likeable. Only problem I had was that the shower was not so good, not much pressure and not that hot. But I'd still highly recommend the hotel...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank davidP2426AV
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear DavidP2426AV,

Thank you very much for your kind support at Salil Hotel and rewarding best valuable feed back us an experience as your facing during stay at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8 We appreciate for your satisfied during stay and sharing you experience through website.

We would like to welcome you and your family with our best hospitality service in the future.

Best regards,
K.A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, its a fair way down the soi, but this makes it quiet and away from the traffic, and their is a free buggy that will shuttle you to the top of the soi..the rooms were modern and clean, wifi worked well in the room, decent hot shower, minibar,kettle etc..I found all of the staff polite and friendly, and its handy having a small restaurant within the reception..the restaurant has a limited range, but breakfast was good and the staff in the restaurant were really nice...going the extra mile in my opinion...would reccommend and would stay again.
Great location in the heart of Sukhumvit and the Nana BTS station is at the top of the soi, for easy getting around town

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Forest1965,

Thank you very much for your kindness support at Salil Hotel Soi8 during visit in Bangkok. You comment made us to encourage staff to keep remainding great hospitality service, We appreciate for your satisfied during stay and sharing you experience through website.

We would like to welcome you and your family with our best hospitality service in next time.

Best Regards,
Saumur, France
Reviewed December 26, 2013

After an absence of 12 months I returned for my 5th stay at the Salil. Many of the core staff are still at the hotel and the service remains at its usual high standards. Much of the refurbishment needed especially in the public areas had been completed. The rooms are being progressively refurbished.

Soi 8 is one of the gems of Bangkok and once again it was a delight to stay in The Salil Soi 8.

Room Tip: Rooms fronting the street are cooler when you return in the afternoon.
Dear Mr. vjhSaumur,

Thank you very much for your keep loyalty with Salil Hotel Soi8 and thank you very much for kindness advice feed back and satisfied during with us, all your comment which great for us to keep remainding we work hard in everyday to ensure our guest received good service, it would be pleasure to host you back to Salil Hotel in the future.

Best Regards.,
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have been to Bangkok six times now and this hotel is as just what I was looking for, all the facilities at a sensible price. The room was comfortable although I did find the bed a bit firm but after mentioning to to reception it was changed to a softer but still firm setting, now that's what I call service. The only problem I had was with breakfast and try as I may I always seemed to confuse the Chef, but there again I am fussy and hard to please. When I come again I will certainly see if they have rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Eddie Lewis,
Thank you very much for kindness advice feed back and satisfied during with us, all your comment which great for us to keep remainding and improving which made a bit incomfortable promptly.
We look forward to thewelcome you back the the future, thank you once agian for share your experience
Best Regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights when we arrived in Thailand. The staff are very welcoming, especially Ad. The hotel is clean, even though they were painting on our floor they moved us to another room without us asking. They have a little golf buggy to take you to the main road. The small road it's on has a few bars, a shop, exchange place and restaurants. There are also taxis available outside the hotel. There were slippers, shampoo, conditioner and tea making facilities in the room and the air con worked well. Overall we had an excellent stay and would recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hayley0161
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Hayley0161,

My associates and I, esp Ad are extremely pleased to have created for you a positive memorable experience.We hope to welcome you back again soon to experience yet another memorable stay with us.

Sincerely
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I booked this hotel looking at the reviews on Tripadvisor, which I have been doing since last so many years. But this time it was an utter dissatisfaction. I moved to this hotel after I was disappointed with the rooms at their other hotel at Thonglor. They guy over there convinced me that this is a better hotel. On my first day I noticed that the bathroom door had a few pointed wooden chips come out and it could hurt someone. I informed the same to housekeeping lady and she told me that she will inform this to the front desk.

Everything was going good for my first 3 days of stay. Suddenly, one morning one of the wooden chips pierced a finger of my leg and it started bleeding. I had no option but to use the hand towel lying in the bathroom to press the spot from where it was bleeding. Had I walked inside the room the entire floor would have blood stains and hence, I preferred to use a hand towel in the bathroom to stop the blood. I informed the same to one of the boys at the lobby since I could not find the main staff and I left the hotel for some work.

On my return, I was surprised that the Manager (his name is Win) handed me a written notice that I damaged the hand towel (which had a couple of blood spots) and asked me to pay 200 Baht for the same. He was not bothered that I was bleeding because of their careless attitude and didn't even check with me if I was Ok. Instead, he was more concerned for the damage of a completely worn out hand towel and charged me 200 Baht (approx $7). He also threatened me that he has my credit card and he can even retrieve more money from it than 200 Baht so better I agree to pay at that moment itself. I didn't want to get into an issue and I agreed to pay. I have never seen any of the hotel staff ever threaten their guest, this was the first time.

What caught my attentions was the written notice that he had handed over to me. The back side of the notice had a print of some guest's booking confirmation and it had all the sensitive details about that guest's credit card including complete credit card number, expiry date, CVV number and the full name. That means the hotel is storing guests entire credit card details inside their computers without the knowledge of the guest........EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. They reused the back side of this paper that had all credit card details to print the notice. Who all have stayed at this hotel, will never know how many hands have exchanged their sensitive credit card details. Please think......are you or your credit card safe with this hotel before you book to stay at this place.

As a proof of what I am writing here, I have attached the pictures of the notice as well the back side of the notice which has the booking information of some other guest including the entire credit card details. The masked numbers you see are done by me and not by hotel....I have masked them so that the credit card can't be misused.

You have everything in front of you in black and white. Please note, it is mandatory for this hotel to capture your credit card so there is no escape. They store your credit card details inside their personal computers.........ARE YOU SAFE?

4 Thank TraavelGeek
Dear Tavelgreek,
Thank you very much for your comments and feedback regarding your recent visit to our property. We hereby confirm that we have secured for the credit card system in the store credit card information because the hotel realizes this as well. What you say is probably referred to caused by a misunderstanding.
However, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenient which caused you from this case.
We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome and serve you again.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Currently staying here. Everything about the hotel is realy good. Friendly staff who are always smiling. Great food. Highly recomended. Good location away from the hustle and bustle of bangkok. I will stay here when i return in january

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Nibble26,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. My associates and I are happy that you have found our entire staff friendly. We would be more than happy to have you back with us again.