“Good beds, tasty breakfast, moldy bathroom, loud air conditioner”

Imm Fusion Sukhumvit
Ranked #417 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The staff was friendly and breakfast was good and the beds were better than most in Thailand. The suit that was fairly spacious, the waterkettle and mini-fridge in the room were stocked with water, instant coffee and tea for free. The staff was quick to bring more water whe requested. The bathroom was moldy and the area smelled like there was a plastics factory nearby. The walls were dirty and the carpet in the hall stank. They used heavy perfumed cleaners to try to cover it up, didn't work. The air conditioner was noisy, enough to disturb one's sleep when it turned on. There needs to be a fan in the bathroom, and get rid of the carpet in the halls, replace with tiles like in the rooms. I think this would make most guests more satisified with the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to take a sniff in the room before accepting it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
suntharee, Owner at Imm Fusion Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Linda T,

Thank you for your positive review and high appreciation to our services and for being very kind to high light your staying experience recently at Imm Fusion Sukhumvit.

At the same time thank you for drawing or attention to the shortcomings you mentioned.
We are certainly striving to improve the services and facilities we offer and it is through the helpful feedback that we receive from guests that we are able to make changes.

We hope to see you again and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Best regards,
Suntharee

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights with my friends. The lobby's interior was superb. I liked the couches and the lounge area, very inviting and the pool was majestic. The rooms\ may be a bit dark but it's okay. Breakfast was good but more variety should be offered, Facade was nicely done too. Location was superb, beside a convenience store, few steps away from the mall and BTS station. All in all, super okay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear shaneekara,

On behalf of all of us here Imm Fusion Sukhumvit I would like to thank you for your comments through tripadvisor.com. Your reviews were gratefully and nicely received. This will certainly useful for our future guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Suntharee Techahongsa

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights in Oct 2013.

Pro:
1) Near On Nut BTS
2) Near Tesco supermarket, food court, fast foods and a small night market
3) Very friendly hotel staff who are very efficient
4) Pool and gym available
5) Breakfast is ok
6) hairdryer and kettle can be provided on request

Con:
1) The rooms are old and dim, with strange design which in our opinion does not have very good fengshui.
2) The first room given to us smells of dampness and does not get much light from the window.
3) We get to change to another room facing Tesco from our 2nd night. The room is brighter but the air-conditioner is not working well. It is noisy and the room does not get very cool even at night.
4) Their fridge is old and produces strange noise. It can be pretty scary hearing strange noise in your room in the middle of the night.

Overall, we are very happy with the hospitality but will not want to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing Tesco, it is brighter then rooms on the other block.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Siok_ChweeLian
suntharee, Owner at Imm Fusion Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Siok_ChweeLian,

Thank you very much for your recent comments following your stay with us at Imm Fusion Sukhumvit.

Whilst we were happy to note that you found service satisfactory, however, as result of your observation we are able to take directs steps to improve all your comment,

Your co-operation in bringing this to our attention is much appreciated, and we kindly accept our sincere apologizes for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here for 3 Nights in October as a Solo Traveler.

Location:
It is located right beside the On Nut BTS stop, which makes it handy to get around the rest of Bangkok, a few years ago this was the final stop on the Sukhumvit line, however there are ¾ more stops after it now. Most of the times I took the train going in either direction it was quite full, it takes about 20 minutes from Siam To On Nut & about 10 minutes from Asoke to On Nut

There is a 24/7 Tesco Louts right beside the hotel which has a massive food court and houses KFC & Mc’Donalds.

Overall it is a bit out of the way however having the skytrain on its door step makes it easy enough to get to other places in the city.

Rooms:
The room is air-conditioned, has a mini fridge, tc etc. In all honesty it could do with a lick of paint or a good clean. I found the bed to be comfortable. The bathroom is pretty small, I imagine anybody over 6ft would have a problem showering (the head is pretty low) or using the toilet (knees hitting the wall). For the price paid it was adequate but I could understand other posters complaints.

Hotel:
The first impression of the hotel is the lovely open air reception, it is very welcoming and relaxing, the common areas of the hotel are pretty nice in my opinion. There is a nice small swimming pool I don’t think its that deep maybe 4ft deep. There is also a fitness centre which consists of a treadmill, bike and an all in one multi purpose weight machine. The wifi signal is strong throughout the resort, the major issue I have with the wifi is you need to get a unique login and password every 2-3 days.

There is a small bar behind the reception which is probably the hotels best asset, it is a small half-horseshoe bar maybe fits 9-10 people but the atmosphere is amazing and really welcoming, you would not have many better nights than to just pull up a stool and have a few beers amongst great company.

Also 2bottles of Chang cost 100Bhat

Staff:
The staff are extremely pleasant, and welcoming. I didn’t have much dealings with them throughout my stay.

Overall:
The hotel could do with a lick of paint in the rooms as it does look a bit worn down in certain areas. It is a bit out of the way however the skytrain somewhat compensates for this. Given the price paid and the amazing people you tend to meet her i would defiantly come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank steof1984

Dear steof1984,

Your co-operation in bringing this to our attention is much appreciated, and we sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Hotel could be really nice, but it is very worn out. Walls need a new coat of paint, or at least a cleaning. There was mosquitoes and tiny ants in my room and the ants got all over most of my things. Somewhat noisy rooms. Safe and fridge though, which was nice, also a pool. Bathroom is not great. I'm only 5'4" and I had to bend down to have a shower, also the toilet is so close to the wall my knees touch, good luck if you're tall. Only real positive about this hotel is that it is close to a BTS station, but it still is a few stops away from everything.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ilove2travel_kristy

Dear ilove2travel_kristy,

On behalf of all of us here at Imm Fusion Sukhumvit I would like to thank you for your comments. We were sorry to see that you were not completely satisfied during your stay with us and at the same time thank you for drawing or attention to the shortcomings you mentioned.

Again thank you for your comments. We hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future and allowing us the opportunity to serve you again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I really try to give the benefit of the doubt when rating hotels. This is a tough one, though, because everything has a BUT attached.

The big open-air lobby is charmingly rustic BUT... closer inspection reveals everything is just old and worn.

Here's why I just can't give this place 3 stars: the room was dirty. And I don't mean it wasn't swept of the sheets weren't changed, I mean the WALLS were dirty. The window was dirty. The curtains need to be thrown out. There was a lamp on the table that had a layer of dust 2mm thick. The bathroom looked like it had not been redone since the 1970s. The toilet was so close to the wall, I could not sit down facing forward, I had to sit sideways. (And I am not a large person). Anytime the BTS goes by, the whole building shakes like a minor earthquake.

All rooms have flat screens BUT... they are 14-inch screens. They have 60 channels available BUT... 55 of them are Thai channels. They have free WiFi BUT... the signal is weak and inconsistent. The bed is large BUT... like a rock. Seriously the most uncomfortable bed I've ever found in a hotel.

The only positive things I can say are the staff was friendly and it is located 30 seconds away from On Nut BTS. Otherwise, this place needs a complete renovation. There's no way around it. Until then, I would not recommend this place to anyone unless I really didn't like them.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank shivarising

Dear shivarising,

I am writing to express my sincere apology for the problem that your experience during stay with us.

We are very concerned that your ’s experience was not up expectations. Your candid comments are of immense value in providing a focus for improvement of Imm Fuson Sukhumvit procedures. Please be assured that we have taken all the necessary steps to ensure our service returns to an excellent standard.

I hope that you will accept our apologies for the unpleasant experience and hope it will not mar your overall experience of Imm Fusion Sukhumvit. Please feel free to let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Ms. Suntharee Techahongsa

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel four times now and I love it! The staff are friendly and helpful and the place is colourful and funky - sometimes used as a backdrop for photography. I love the Moroccan decor, and the fact it doesn't look like every other hotel, i.e. coloured in brown and beige, ugghh!

It's in a very convenient location for the Skytrain, so you can grab a daypass and ride all over Bangkok for a very small price. The prices are pretty reasonable for staying here and it has everything you need to chill out during your travels, i.e. lounging couches, swimming pool, bar, massage rooms, etc. I enjoy the breakfasts also, although be aware some of the dishes will be spicy! It's also very close to Tesco Lotus, so you can stock up on bits and pieces before travelling on.

My only issue is that the beds could be a little softer - a little bit hard for us wussy Westerners.

Don't expect 5-star surroundings, but if you have a low-midrange budget, it's perfect. I will definately be returning to Imm Fusion Sukhumvit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fiboze

Dear Mr. Fiboze,

Thank you for your great feedback and high appreciation to our services. I’m very happy knowing that our team members and services were contributed in making your holiday a memorable one. Your encouragement will definitely encourage us to continue our obsession with guest satisfaction and providing a level of service beyond expectations.

We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again...