“Value for money”

Atrium Boutique Resort Hotel
Ranked #523 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed in bangkok over the weekend, and the hotel was allocated to us by our agent as included in our free & easy package.

Getting there: From the airport, we took a train to the to the hotel (Suvarnabhumi Airport --> Makkasan --> Huai Khwang) Do note that from Makkasan station, you have to walk for about 10min to get to Petchaburi Station where you can change to the blue line mrt to Huai Khwang station. this walk includes walking by the road under the highway/flyover which involves some steps and uneven pavement tiles (good to note if you are dragging along a large suitcase or if someone in your party has difficulty walking)
From Huai Khwang Mrt station, take exit no. 1. When you come up from the station via exit one, you'll see the Huai Khwang intersection right in front of you. you should take the road on your left. you DO NOT need to cross ANY roads/traffic lights. i stress this because the intersection is pretty confusing and unfortunately for us we spent a good 20min walking in the wrong direction, asking for directions which were not all correct, and crossing the intersection twice. (i.e standing at the top of the escalator you come up from, right in front of you is a parking space where you'll see tuktuks and motorcycle taxis lining the road, that is the road you should walk along to the left)
Anyway once you've got that left turn correctly, its easy from there. just walk along that road right to the end and turn right.. continue walking on and you'll see the hotel on your right. If its raining when you arrive, i'd suggest you take a tuktuk for 40baht to the hotel, cuz the uneven pavements (and rain) make it a huge pain to walk. Otherwise, a usual walk from the hotel to Huai Khwang station takes around 15-20min.

Room: We got 2 double rooms on the 6th floor. They were very spacious, and the toilet had a bathtub and standard amenities. Most tv channels are thai-subbed, however you'd probably find 1 out of 10 channels thats in english, and if you're lucky it'll be a nice movie. There'll be 2 complimentary bottles of drinking water placed in the fridge for you daily, and standard complimentary 3-in-1 coffee and tea. There's a hot water flask for you to boil your own water, and a hair-dryer in the toilet (which didn't work very well for me as the handle got too hot to hold within 3min of usage)

Breakfast: Breakfast was excellent in my opinion, there was a salad bar, 3 types of fresh fruit, bread basket and toaster, juice, milk, cereals, egg station, porridge/congee, soup, fried rice, fried noodles, mixed veg, bacon, sausages, ham, mash, etc.

Service: Service at the hotel was not too bad. Staffs taking the morning shift when we arrived were friendly and nice, as were the staff who served us upon checkout. Staff in between those periods though, were just average. The consistently nice ones were the 2 guys that help us to get a taxi whenever we requested for one. They're the ones who constantly smile, were polite, who genuinely showed effort and pride in their job even if it was just to hail a taxi and to help ease traffic at the hotel entrance for the taxi to pick you up and drop you off.

Tips:
- when the hotel staffs help you to hail in a taxi, do remember to tell them that you wish to go by the meter. they will convey the message and inform the taxi driver in advance. before our trip we read that some drivers refuse to go by the meter, but when we were there, whenever the hotel staff got us a taxi and we requested to go by the meter, there was never once an issue as the hotel staff will inform the driver accordingly before we board (perhaps its a thai to thai thing! easy to negotiate :P)
- the roads right outside the hotel are one-lane roads in each direction, hence during peak hours, do be prepared that if you're taking a taxi back to the hotel, if you're stuck, you're stuck. there's no overtaking or u-turning, one-lane in each direction with no extra space!
- from huai khwang station back to the hotel, along the way there are some food stalls, quite a few massage parlours, hair salons, some fruit stalls and provision stores
- at night, using the same road from the hotel to the huai khwang intersection where you first arrived, continue going straight ahead crossing the intersection, and straight along that road you will reach huai khwang night market (row of stalls along the pavements on each direction)
- if you need to borrow a travel adapter from the front desk, do note that you'll have to pay a deposit of 300baht
- and always remember to get a hotel card from the reception desk whenever you go out, as many taxi drivers need the address and directions in thai (as attached in my photos)
- i'm not sure if its a huai khwang thing, but during the peak hours many taxis refused to go to that area (many mentioned due to the jam). when we returned to the hotel in on sunday evening from pratunam mall, we couldn't get a taxi unless we agreed on their fixed price. NONE of them were willing to go the area due to the jam. 9 out of 10 taxis quoted 200baht and we got our ride at 180baht. fyi we paid a taxi fare of 95baht from huai khwang to pratunam on a sunday morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank miss_imperfect
There are newer reviews for Atrium Boutique Resort Hotel

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We were staying in Bangkok for a medical treatment and the hospital recommended this hotel due to the location near it. The area is mostly small shops. The closest street with restaurants is about a 15 minutes walk away.
The hotel is modern and clean. At about $45 a night it offers good value for the money. The standard rooms are of normal size with king sized bed and are really quiet. The only problem is the air-conditioning which keeps blowing right into your face when you are in bed. The setting of the fan was inadequate. The bathroom was worn with mildew on the caulking of the bathtub and cigarette burns on the rim.
This hotel caters to mostly Chinese tourists and the restaurant staff doesn't speak much English. The selection of breakfast buffet was rather limited as was the lunch and dinner menu. The hotel is nothing special but can be recommended if you have business in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Was disgusted with the first room we were allocated. It smelt and the bedhead was all stained so asked to change room. Second room was just a little better. Very old and dusty.....was not impressed at all. The hotel has a night club right next to it so the first 2 nights was unable to sleep due to the loud music. Also was not not able to get a iron to the room apparently they have no irons... Shocking. They are only able to iron your clothes between 8am to 4pm. Staff were not very helpful at all. And the taxis also found this hotel hard to get to even had a few refuse to take us to the hotel. Stayed 8 nights but had a very terrible experience. Would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank OzziPride
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I have stayed at the Atrium Boutique on numerous occasions ,( I think about 8-9 times now ) and it is a great little hotel. It has most of comforts anyone could want including comfortable beds, excellent food at very reasonable prices ,a small but excellent buffet breakfast , a pool , good location , and excellent staff . Close to a number of good resturants ,( if you want to eat out ) , good shopping and also close to the MRT as well . For the quality of service ,food , comfort and price, this Hidden Gem in BKK is hard to beat .

Room Tip: top floor ( but 930 is MY room , lol )
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank johnnygeeau
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Checked in on 23rd September. Paid USD 110.07 for 3 nites stay without breakfast.

Hotel: Building is in a very good condition. Exterior is clean. Interior is decorated very nicely with modern furniture. I had a good 1st impression of this hotel.

Location: Hotel is located about 10-15 mins walk from Huai Kwang MRT station. BUT almost ALL cab drivers do not know where Prachauthit Road is even when I showed them the map!! Aaarrghhhh… I can actually go crazy communicating with the local cabbies!! (TIPS: Juz take the train from & to the airport. Its ez & fast!)

Convenience: A lot of shops within 1-5mins walk so u will never go hungry! Breakfast was always from the 7-Eleven next building. 200 baht of food (1 packet sticky rice with fried chicken, 2 packet rice with egg & stir fried diced chicken with basil, 2 tuna sandwiches, 1 chocolate, 4 packets of chips, bottles of water & juices) lasted us till dinner! There’s an ATM machine juz at the entrance of the hotel gate so u will never go out of money! There’s Robinson & Carrefour about 20 mins walk OR 40baht taxi ride from the hotel.

Staffs: Friendly but distant. Check-in was fast & breezy. Check-out was not so breezy coz of a missing bottle opener. Good thing they didn’t start accusing & ransacking my bag. Im sure it will be a not so pleasant scene if they do.

Room: The Studio room is HUGE! Plenty of room/space to run around & throw clothes all over… Closet is big. I like!! :))

Bed: Luv the bed. Not hard & not soft. Nice for me & partner. But the pillows are thin & flat. I woke up with a slight sore neck each morning. Think it wouldn’t hurt if they could throw in more pillows.

Toilet: It is of a gud size. The toiletries smells good. Didn’t expect that of a small hotel. BUT the tub is design with a flat & square top. So each time u shower, the water will not drain out in the tub. It mostly flow down to the floor creating a huge puddle! Luckily it always dry up by the time we got back to the hotel at nite.

Pool: There’s a small pool juz next to the dining area. Definitely not the most strategic place & no privacy at all!

Hotel guests: Mostly local.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RozaMoss
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I stayed here as 2nd time booked by AGODA same as previous time. This time, I really impressed with their service. I just reminded, I had to call them concerned with my Anniversary before I check in a few day. I contacted K. Su I assumed, she works in Mkt Dept). Can she organize for Honeymoon's style and how much I should pay for extra cost? Due to after work, she will contact me in the next day.

In the next day, she called me many times but my handy was away from me. She has a great service mind. Finally, we had conversation and FOC. Atrium Boutique offered a complimentary for Honeymoon's style. I arrived there late around 9 PM. but housekeeper arranged the room since 6 PM. They afraid, rose's petal may not fresh. Anyway, when I saw the room...me and my bf were impressed a lot for the decoration. Thanks a lot to K. Su, Housekeeper and their colleagues.

They really had a great service and work as team and Buffet Breakfast (even, not too much line).

Weakness points
1. Not good air con system (or brand) : I chose 18 degree. I was not feel any wind at all.

2. No free wireless for Studio room anymore : 1st time, I stayed in Dec 2009. This time, I stayed in Jun 2010 but 100 baht/day. Just 6 months ago...

3. Less indoor parking car : Just 3-5 cars of customers who can park indoor. Otherwise, they reserved for big cars (Chinese / Korean group's tour). They should build canvas which may not cost too much. For people who don't have own car, I recommended to stay in hotel that near main road.

4. Swimming pool should have privacy area : I ain't sure only me that I don't want to swim or get a suntan. In fact, their swimming pool look nice and appropriate to relax but it located in lobby floor near restaurant which not private at all.

- We really impressed for arrangement of our Anniversary but we unexpected for the room size. Both times, we booked for studio room. We got TWO SINGLE BEDS AND BIG SPACE as studio twin on 4th floor. I asked if I wanted to change as 1 king bed. Possible or not? The front officer said, yes but surcharge 200 baht/night. Ah...no, thanks.

This time, we got 1 KING BED AND SMALL SPACE as studio room on 5th floor. I wondered, it is the same type of room. Why we got different space and TWO SINGLE BEDS WITH BIG SPACE has no charge. On the other hand, 1 KING BED AND SMALL SPACE has surcharge.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple