“Perfect-if it were 5 miles west”
Review of Refill Now!

Refill Now!
Ranked #195 of 1,195 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Miri, Malaysia
“Perfect-if it were 5 miles west”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can't speak highly enough of this hostel and its staff.
After an administration hitch upon my arrival I was given a free upgrade for my entire stay to a private twin room. This wasn't necessary, but gratefully received. This kind of hospitality and service continued from all the staff throughout my stay.
The rooms are beautiful. Spotlessly clean and floor to ceiling windows mean that light floods the building. There's something really nice about gazing out at the stars as you doze off to sleep and watching the sun steadily rise across Bangkok in then morning.
The pool and garden area is idyllic. A great place to sit back with a book and soak up some sun in a relaxed and hassle free environment. The attached restaurant and bar is great. Really nice chilled atmosphere, and fab cocktails. It is no exaggeration when I say that the food from this restaurant is among the best I have had during 2 years in Asia. Yes, some might argue it is expensive for Bangkok (about THB200 per meal), but the shrimp fettucini I devoured last night was simply incredible, and compared to western standards it was great value for money.
The only, yet major downfall of this place is location. Arriving at 5.30am, my taxi driver didn't have a clue and we were relying on googlemap app to guide us the way. Of course, it was wrong. Nevertheless, we found it eventually. Refill Now is hidden away on a little street far away from the main road and about 5 miles away from Bangkok city centre, so the description "located in the heart of Bangkok" is a little misleading. The tiny streets in which the hostel is hidden are perilous to walk: speeding motorbikes and cars along the little alleys. I'm amazed to have only seen 2 accidents in 3 days. When you reach the main road, it is about THB50 (depending on traffic) in a taxi to the SkyTrain station where you can leap aboard a train, and 20 mins later you'll hit Siam Square. Get a Rabbit Card if you intend using the train a lot, but even then, the cost of travelling to and from the city will more or less double the amount you're paying to stay at Refill Now. When I realised that greatness off Refill Now was not a match for the amount I was spending on transport I checked out, and now I'm staying somewhere much more central.
I think that if I was travelling with a group, the travel costs would have been somewhat dissolved, but as I'm travelling solo, I was really feeling it. My advice would be to stay here if you with a group, but steer clear if you're alone.

Room Tip: If you re staying in a private room, ask for one on a corner of the building. Fantastic panoramic vi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Pushkar, India
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Seriously good hotel . Stayed here 5 times it is just fabulous. The staff are so helpful and curtious you feel so well looked after this hotel is better than any of the expensive resorts I've been to in Thailand. everything is arranged so stylishly with great sttention to detail and the design is really fresh and clean with all aspects well maintsined by a great team. Just a really good simple place to stay where you can really relax and enjoy Bangkok from a comfortable distance. Sukumvit 71 is a lovely area with plenty of top quality resteraunts and cafe's off in the side streets. Thanks refil now really the best in BKK !

• Stayed February 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hostel is amazing, it has beautiful soothing facilities and design. We have stayed there few night, extended our stay before our travels because this place was an oasis in a dirty & busy Bangkok. I 've been in many hostels during my travels, and this one is still # one. There are a safety lockers in the room- you can lock your suitcase in & keep place tidy and never worry about getting your stuff stolen. You can upgrate for more luxry & privacy by getting a super modern designed appartment at the roof top-than it is a totaly 5* experience ! Staff is super nice & helpful, foo. Restaurant provides excellent food for a reasonable cost. In neighborhood you will find local markets, restaurants, hairdresser, seamstress.. prices are way lower than in the central Bangkok. Its 20-30 min to the airport, and 30 min to the city center. The staff will help you with getting a taxi or tuk tuk. If you fly long flight & you have a stop over in Bangkok, stop here- you will recharge.

Room Tip: Get the penthouse appartment if you want a bit of luxury for few nights or privacy. Email the recept...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was my 3rd stay at Refill Now and once again I was not disappointed. A lovely retreat in the chaos of Bangkok.
Ron gave my girlfriend and I some great recommendations to see around Bangkok that weren't on the tourist trail.
I'd recommend anyone to go here if they want a place to relax and rewind in Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

While I had trouble booking online, the staff were always really helpful n fun, the food was great once the chef got back from vacation, the other travellers were great n full of advice but the best advice came from Ron one of the owners who encourages people to contact him if they follow his advice to let him know if it was good or not. A real find.

• Stayed January 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hostel was something else! Extremely modern and laid back. We had a twin room for two nights, which didn't have enough room to swing a cat, however the views were stunning with the ceiling to floor windows! The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Storage space was a locker in the main dormitory, but we just kept out rucksacks in our room. Toilet, shower and wash area were spotless and maintained to a high standard. Free wifi available throughout the hostel, however we had trouble connecting from our room on the first night. The food was good, but it was a bit pricey.

The only problem about this hostel is it's location, our taxi driver (and everyone else we spoke to) found it very difficult to find so it would be useful to have a map with you when you first travel there (when you arrive, the staff then give you a map for future reference..). Otherwise, the hostel is very close to the skytrain links and is about 30 minute taxi from the main airport.

I would definitely recommend this and I would stay again to explore Bangkok more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2012

After a month of travelling through Bangkok and northern Thailand I regard Refill Now as the best place that I have stayed.

The place is spotless and the bar is an excellent place to meet others if you are travelling alone. But what really sets this place apart is the service. The staff are incredibly attentive and friendly and will bend over backwards to help you.

The only detracting feature is the location and difficulty getting to the BTS. But you can get to the train via a cheap bus or motorbike taxi (if brave enough).

I will be staying there again when I come back to Bangkok in the coming months.

• Stayed November 2012