“Hotel staff refused to take responsibility for their errors”
Review of The Ecotel Bangkok

The Ecotel Bangkok
Ranked #608 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed in this hotel once before and was very satisfied. However on this occasion we were initially given a room where the shower door opened against the toilet leaving a 10cm gap for one to enter the shower. Unless you had the physique of an anorexic it was impossible to enter the shower. When I booked I was apparently given the cost EXCLUDING breakfast but this was not pointed out. On our first morning we were given breakfast vouchers which we used, only eating a very light breakfast. On the second day our vouchers were refused although we were allowed to dine. On our departure the following morning we were presented with an additional bill of B800. When I protested I was smilingly informed that the error was made by a clerk who was new to the staff. I pointed out that the first morning the vouchers were given to us by the senior male reception clerk but this made no difference. They acknowledged that the error was theirs but that I had to pay for it. The amount was fairly small but for the meals we ate it was exorbitant. Would I stay here again? Probably but I would be a darn sight more careful about small items.

Room Tip: Be careful about "extras"
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Ecotel Bangkok

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

My family and I went visit Bangkok last December 2013 before Christmas.

The hotel is relatively affordable and location is in Pratunam. The hotel is surrounded by 5 star hotel (Ramada) and that is why the area is a bit secured. The bedroom we're we stayed is very comfy and clean. No need to ask them to clean the room, because they always clean and replace the towels used. The staff are very nice and helpful. And every morning I look forward to eating the delicious buffet breakfast. The restaurant beside the hotel, cafe De elit and Tom Yum is so good and affordable. If you need a driver to to go around, you can look for Som Phong (he owns a Toyota Camry and very nice) who is sitting outside hotel where you can ask for a cab. Every time I go to Bangkok, this were I always stay. :)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Nice service and good location , it very near from the platinum shopping mall , if really too tired can ride tuktuk for only 80 batt to reach hotel door steps ~ and it very convenient to reach 7-11 and van travel service

Room Tip: it provide add extra bed service . room will become abit small but it is worth if come with 3 person...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sjpiano24
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This Decent Hotel is located in Indira Market very near to Baiyoke Sky Hotel. and opposite to Bangkok Palace Hotel and Ramada Dma. Indian Restaurant is just 5 mnts by walk. It takes 5 mnts by walk to reach Shopping Malls.

You cant judge the service of this hotel by its outside look. From outside it looks a small Hotel, but for inside its just the best 3 Star....

Room quality is good
Staff are always in a smiling mood with a helpful nature.
Breakfast was also good

Strongly recommended to Families / Couples / Friends...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Average hotel with good location advantage. Nearby is the Indira Market which is famous for cheap and good shopping. Lots of good indian restaurant were nearby which was very helpful for us. Also nearby is the metro station thus having good connectivity. But the hotel was average with average room size and quality

Room Tip: If you want to save some bucks and wants to enjoy shopping then this hotel could be right choice
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed here for a week with wife and a 15 month old daughter in late November and early December. We had booked a double bed but the night we arrived we were given a twin bed; they said all double rooms are booked. But thankfully they provided us a cot for the child, which was not so clean and without bed sheets or blankets. The next day the hotel did provide us a room with a double bed. The room was okay, bed looked relatively clean but the restroom was not. The faucets were dirty and the shower would fluctuate between hot and cold. Breakfast....well, they did say it was from 6 to 10...we reached by 9 and they were out of eggs and some other things, very mediocre breakfast, and the most disappointing thing was the coffee.

But the positive side of the hotel was the location....street food stalls everywhere and a 7/11 just around the corner. Bangkok was in political turmoil but this area seemed very safe.

The room rates were pretty cheap compared to other hotels. If you just wanna come home and sleep and not care about the mediocre breakfast then this hotel is decent enough, but I would not recommend it to families with children.

Room Tip: Thin walls, can hear clearly what's going on in the corridor. Street vendors nearby and the Prat...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The location is near Platinum Fashion Mall. It's just 5-10 min by tuk-tuk or taxi. There's 7eleven just in front of hotel. You also could find a lot of local food stalls near hotel, and they opened all day long I guess. But I was quite disappointed with the receptionist officers. They rarely smile and when I asked their help to call taxi, they didn't want to do it. They told me to wait in front of hotel and looked for taxi by myself!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends