“Good family hotel at Bangkok”
Review of The Ecotel Bangkok

The Ecotel Bangkok
Ranked #642 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ecotel is located very near to the Indra square (just opposite to Ramada & Bangkok Palace hotels).

A small hotel but very good for stay with family. The rooms are spacious with neat & well maintained toilets. Please note, Ecotel is A NON-SMOKING property.

The buffet breakfast is one of the best I have ever found in Thailand. Well spread with both continental & Thai varieties.

The reception is helpful. Also please note, you have to give a deposit of 100USD while checking in (even your room rent is prepaid) & the same will be refunded tou you while cheking out.

Overall a good family hotel. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bardhaman

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a pretty nice place, smack in the heart of Bangkok. There is a cafe and a convenience store on the premises, and several restaurants and stores- including a 7-11 just down the street. The hotel was clean, comfortable, had clean and nice bathrooms, (a major plus in Asia) and friendly staff.

Room Tip: You can see straight into a facing room if the curtains aren't closed, so remember to close your...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed for 6 days 5 night at Ecotel and I like the location where has many eatery stalls around (Suitable for Asian) and is walking distant to shopping mall like Platinum Mall. Anyway, if you intent to go further to places like Siam Paragon, it will be hard for you to get a meter taxi. Taxi and Tuk Tuk driver will find all sort of excuse to ask for 200 Baht for the journey and tend not to follow meter. The meter rate to Siam Paragon should be less than 100 baht only.

We booked at their website for Family room but when we checked in, they told us that it was error in the system and the price shown in our booking is only for standard room. They don't have a family room for us to check in when we arrive with 2 young kids around mid night!

We were quite upset and after negotiation, they gave us room with 3 single bed. The staff that came into our room to joint the 2 beds into queen bed was very very unfriendly too.

Anyway, they manage to change to a family room on the next day.

Another thing that you need to be aware- the toilet was very slippery, my kid fall and hit the edge at the divider of the toilet and had a small cut and her head.

Breakfast was typical Thai breakfast and the selection is ok.

I might consider other hotel if I travel again with my kids in future trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tuxannie
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Despite having problems with the air con and the shower water, the staffs were friendly and helpful.

The problem of the air con we had is that there is a slowness of air coming out of the air conditioner. As for the water of the shower, the water is either very hot or very cold. There is no in between such that when you turn the tap to the middle, the water is warm.

Location wise was not as great as the shopping malls are located 10-15mins walk away from hotel. MBK mall is nowhere near.

However, my stay in Ecotel Bangkok Hotel was good. May choose to stay here in my future trip to BKK.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I understand was my mistake in booking this place, but the price was attractive and so was the website - well, unless you are happy with an "hostel type" accommodation do not get fooled by their website, as Ecotel is really really poor...

My room was visibly still unclean, and I have to say a bit dirty on checking in; I have informed reception but nothing happened and the room is still as it was...the towels in the bathroom I am not saying they were smelly but certainly did not not smell nice, they were clean but not 'fresh' as you would expect from an hotel, even a 3*** one.

On the hotel info sheet it seems the main worry they have is letting guests know about prices for broken and replacing things, meaning this tells us about some type of guests as well...or about a a management which really is obsessed on having hotel properties stolen/broken, rather tna making their guests feeling comfortable when they arrive...

Breakfast, well what can I say? The worst ever had in a hotel? Really bad, even the coffee was not good, waiters/waitresses kind of upset goung around clearing tables, no service whatsoever, chairs in the buffet restaurant dirty and unclean once again!

I'm not mentioning the location, as this has got absolutely nothing to do with the hotel, so I skip about this.

Again was my fault getting attracted by the good price, but even if I expected not the full service I should get in a 5***** I thought was better than what actually is - my simple suggestion is to avoid this place if you can!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The location is great. We like to check digital things and Pantip Plaza was very close if we were not tired, we could walk. All the shopping area taking taxi was about less than 100B. Family of 3 taking BTS could cost more plus walking up and down and at the end of trip (we were already tired walking so much), but finding the back ally way crossing over the river to Central World was wonderful. It was unbelievably close. Neighborhood was great and never knew that there were so many Sri Lankan restaurants were located such places. Evening neighborhood life was lovely and street food was great. Seven-elevens are within a few minutes walk. The room was newly renovated and only outstanding thing for us was a bottle opener located by the sink in the bathroom. We wished that there were more elec outlet, only a couple there. WIFI was fine. The best thing for me was the lady at front helped my communication. Without able to speak Thai was impossible and with her help I could complete my mission of that trip!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Location is good. Close to shopping malls like platinum and siam paragon. Great value for money. Only thing is staff are not too friendly especially the front desk. They dont make eye contact with guests and seems to be annoyed whenever you ask for help.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family