“Cheap but could be better.”
Review of Take a Nap Hotel

Take a Nap Hotel
Ranked #314 of 1,245 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We are not fussy people and have stayed in all kinds of hotels and hostels. All we require is the place to be clean.

We arrived at Take A Nap after an exhausting search (taxi driver and 2 tuk tuk drivers couldn't find it and I stupidly didn't copy down the telephone number) and were ready to go to bed...only to find...

semen stains (yes,really) on the sheets and one pillow.

We requested for another room and got a family room (for 1 night and they will clean the original room the next day). When we lifted up the sheets, there were blood stains.

We then decided to get our money back and walked down to the closest hotel (it was already 3a.m.).

I was very disappointed with the hotel as clealiness (or at least the appearance of it!) is very ,very important! I don't mind dustballs or a small cockcroach or two but semen and blood stains are a no-no.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed May 30, 2008

First day when I arrived at the hotel at about 1030am. I got to wait for the room to be available before I can check in. Something good about this hotel is that you are able to access to free internet. at no extra charge. The hotel staffs are very helpful, friendly. They can speak English. As for security, there are a lot ot CCTV outside every room and a small electronic safe in every room. The place which we stay is quite centralise and also quite happening in the night if your explore right of the hotel. American breakfast is also provided from 7am to 10am. A++

• Liked — Got electronic safe and lot of CCTV
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2008

We were those annoying guests who change their booking constantly and each time the staff were helpful and accomodating. We stayed in 4 diiferent rooms and each one had there own style and quirks. To enjoy your stay I recommend to check the room you book has what you want so you wont be disappointed. Ie not all rooms have fridges, windows, double beds etc..

I just can't express how helpful the staff were. They rearranged a room for us so it was similar to the one we were in first and just so helpful. Thank-you!!

The loaction was fantastic, right around the corner from Silom Road and not far from the Night Bazaar (best shopping ever!)

• Liked — The staff and the theme rooms. It was always a suprise which one we had next :-)
  • Disliked — It wasn't the cleanest hotel
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 19, 2008

My maiden trip to Bangkok nearly ended up in disaster... If I hadn't finally came to my senses and quickly booked a hotel room before it's too late. I tried searching on Trip Advisor for a little while, apart from asking around from some friends who have been to Bangkok. None of them remembered the name of the hotels they've stayed before. Gosh!! Is it so darn difficult to get only one room for two people?? I nearly panicked. It was only about one month before my holiday begins, and I haven't had a firmed accommodation yet. My travel mate's gonna rip me apart. I resorted to more booking sites but I didn't really find one hotel that stood out and attracted me. Actually, there were a few but they were too pricey. I know what I want and I'm gonna find it till I get it. Even if it means only the night before my flight! And on Christmas Eve, it was as if the heavens opened up the skies for me and somehow Take A Nap Hotel appeared in one of my google searches. I fell in love instantly. It was love at first sight.

Taking a browse through the website shows that they have rooms in different themes, with different bedding (and prices) for each room. I actually tried booking through another website but had to book directly with the hotel website anyway due to price differences. We chose the 'Pub' room. Why not? I mean, it was only RM80.00 per night. That means I have more cash for shopping. Yay!!

I read somewhere (sorry, I can't recall where) that some taxi drivers might not immediately know where the hotel is, even after you show them the map printable from the website. True enough, our taxi driver at the airport had to ask around before we left. Traffic was still okay, and we reached the hotel in about 30-40 minutes. There is no waiting space for vehicles in front of the hotel as it's right in front of a street, so we had to walk for a short distance after the driver dropped us off.

Turns out the room actually looks way smaller than the picture shown, but nonethless, it was clean and simple. Both of us are very particular about hygiene and the room passed the test. But a swarm of mosquitoes came rushing out for fresh blood once we walked in. So we had a bit of a slapping war and had to ask for insect repellent at the reception counter.

A nice touch of surprise was included as well. I didn't know breakfast was included so imagine how happy I was when I found out that I could save more money for shopping *big grin* Breakfast was also simple and nice. The tiny sausages were our favourite! TV also has Channel V, really cool. Some so-called 5-star hotels don't even have interesting channels to watch. But only two channels were clear enough to watch though. One was Channel V, the other's an international news channel which I forgot the name. Oh, most importantly, the hot shower worked. Perfect!

Nighttime can be a bit of a fuss when other occupants play pool at the breakfast area, or when the nearby shophouses get a little too noisy. But I was too dead tired to be kept awake by the noise.

Friendly staff with good command of English. They even taught us short cuts to get to certain places, like the nearest BTS station (Sala Daeng), which was just 2 minutes away. But what I liked most about this hotel is the convenient location. Patpong (famous for nightlife) is just around the corner and you basically get to anywhere else easily because the train stations are a stone's throw away and there's plenty of taxis and tuk tuks going up and down the streets. Being so near to Patpong is critically essential. I had a bad tummy ache after trying out some local street side food and I desperately needed to go. But where can you find a clean toilet when you are trapped right smack in the middle of the red light district? To make matters worse, all shops are closed for the night? Fortunately I could run back just in time before any mishaps occured. Phew!

So this is THE place if you're looking for the following:
1) Nice, clean and simple place for the night
2) Friendly service
3) Free breakfast
4) Affordable room rates
5) Strategic location

I guess that pretty much sums it up, right?

• Liked — Friendly staff, great location, affordable rates
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends